Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-14-2011, 12:54 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booboy View Post
You know this kid got a huge inheritence to get started.
And what if he did, what business is it of yours?

I have two questions about the A300.

I watched the video... does it have some sort of automatic throttle control? Must be something on the higher end loaders...

The strobes in the rear, are they a direct fit? I assume they are self-contained and you just used the factory wiring on them? I want to do that with our loader, that's a great idea....

Gotta love that bucket eh? We bought a 96" bucket just like yours but the back is a bit higher... Love it. Moves so much more snow than the dinky one that was on there.

Originally posted by SLR:
Quote:
you really got off fortunate and lucky 5-0boy1!..imagine if you an her created a little 5boy1,now there's a nicely entangled chaotic toranado vise!
THE VERY BEST SOURCE OF INFO FOR THE GREEN INDUSTRY! ALL YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED!
Old 02-14-2011, 02:04 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Just out of curiosity, on the A300 how often would you say you guys use the all-wheel steer mode vs skid-steer mode? The AWS mode must help a bit with tire life?

Great thread btw, always look forward to seeing the updates.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:10 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR0 TURF View Post
Thanks...I love those sideboards too! We make them using 2 sheets of 3/4" plywood that we screw together & cut to shape, then we get a piece of the very thin diamond plate cut to fit the boards & attach that to the wood using stainless screws. A set of boards costs us about $400, the majority of that going to the diamond plate. The diamond plate is just for looks, it's so thin it doesn't protect much. We don't have any issues with bending or cracking etc. As long as you don't bash them with a bobcat while loading the bed then they'll last for years.

Here's one more pic of the boards...
Thanks man. I usually don't really like low-sided beds like the ones on your trucks but the diamond plate sides seem to take the most advantage of the space with the lower rear gussets.

Pittsburgh/Western PA Landscapers Networking Thread

For Sale Chevy truck parts
Old 02-14-2011, 09:02 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR0 TURF View Post
Strobes...same hideaways people put in their headlights & tail lights
Posted via Mobile Device
Atomic LED actually makes a replacement cab light. Its a LED strobe and maker light all in one. It might be easier then drilling each light out and adding strobes. I saw them on plowsite. They look pretty cool.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-14-2011, 01:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Services View Post
sorry but the evolution of your company is obvious over the last 99 pages, and i know the numb nut looked at the pictures on the first two pages and said "dude no way he did that on his own, if i cant do it i know he cant do it" - as he put down a beer.

i think one of the MAIN factors to why us young guys grow at such a rapid pace is because ewe dont have bills other then those we create for the business. that allows almost 100% of our money to go back into the company.

I would be (and im sure you would have been to) in a whole different boat if i had a 2,500 dollar a month house payment, taxes, kids mouths to feed, a drinking habit to support, a wifes car to pay for, a wedding ring to drop 50k on, health insurance for the kids. Its all that other stuff that cost you the big bucks. All i worry about is a $65 dollar bag of dog food once a month and the rest goes right back into the business.

haha absolutely right, the best way to build big is start early when there are none to few bills to worry about and continuously put every penny made back into the company

Pro-Truf - amazing equipment, how do you like the Bowie hydroseeder? your new one, are you staying with Bowie or switching over to Finn or another company?
Old 02-14-2011, 08:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
sorry but the evolution of your company is obvious over the last 99 pages, and i know the numb nut looked at the pictures on the first two pages and said "dude no way he did that on his own, if i cant do it i know he cant do it" - as he put down a beer.

i think one of the MAIN factors to why us young guys grow at such a rapid pace is because ewe dont have bills other then those we create for the business. that allows almost 100% of our money to go back into the company.

I would be (and im sure you would have been to) in a whole different boat if i had a 2,500 dollar a month house payment, taxes, kids mouths to feed, a drinking habit to support, a wifes car to pay for, a wedding ring to drop 50k on, health insurance for the kids. Its all that other stuff that cost you the big bucks. All i worry about is a $65 dollar bag of dog food once a month and the rest goes right back into the business.
Your Right on the money with that! P Services!!
Old 02-14-2011, 11:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Its all a matter of how long you want to keep living life as a scrooge in order to grow your biz, to tell you the truth im about sick of it. Ready to have a nice little house on the lake, a fast boat with few seats, a slow boat with many seats, a few toys to make winter go by faster, take a few vacations every year would be exciting, go catch a baseball game on a sat afternoon. I think the one thing i miss the most is the smell of fish slim on my hands, its been so long since i went fishing i cant even tell you where my tackle box and rod/reel (that cost a pretty penny) even are, thats not a good thing.

The grind gets old but you dont say no to it, you work 120 hour weeks for 35 weeks strait. PERIOD. Thats why we grow. You dont waste any money on the previously mentioned luxuries and if you do it slows your biz down a little bit each time.

The question is when, when do you quit and start to live? when do you cut back just a little to get a taste? Many of us can not mentally handle the thought of spending time and money on anything other then our business. Its almost a sickness.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:59 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
All i worry about is a $65 dollar bag of dog food once a month and the rest goes right back into the business.
I know you're trying to grow your business and all. But I really think you should look into eating people food. Just a suggestion. Haha

But on a serious note I agree with you. That's how I've been going at it thus far. Only spending money on things I need and reinvesting the rest. Eventually it will pay off, and if it doesn't I'll at least have some equipment to sell.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:12 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

go read the ingredient list on Blue Buffalo dog food and i bet you will want to eat it also!!!

my dog is eatin good in the neighbor hood!
Old 02-15-2011, 02:52 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
your a complete idiot. Go find someone to stomp on your nuts so you cant reproduce. We dont need any more people like you.