Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-15-2011, 08:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Its in the Hardscaping forum, titled RFW Inc.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Services View Post
i highly doubt that you read all 100 pages because its loaded with info on how he did it and loaded with great advice from everyone. Its not just a picture book to glimps at, its a novel. Read his thread, ETW'S thread and Rock Water Farms thread.
To quote "Becoming a category of one" - "A vision without execution is just a hallucination." Unfortantly people are very visual in nature vs Reading the info.

Picture Thread: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...ight=army+pics
Old 02-15-2011, 09:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

BTW, congratulations ProTurf on 1,000 posts...
Old 02-15-2011, 10:59 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseylandscaping View Post
can someone post a link to Rock Water Farms thread.? please i looked searched and could not find
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=198666
Old 02-15-2011, 11:12 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

THank you p.services
Old 02-16-2011, 01:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
i highly doubt that you read all 100 pages because its loaded with info on how he did it and loaded with great advice from everyone. Its not just a picture book to glimps at, its a novel. Read his thread, ETW'S thread and Rock Water Farms thread.
And Eagle Landscape's thread
Old 02-16-2011, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:

i think one of the MAIN factors to why us young guys grow at such a rapid pace is because ewe dont have bills other then those we create for the business. that allows almost 100% of our money to go back into the company.

I would be (and im sure you would have been to) in a whole different boat if i had a 2,500 dollar a month house payment, taxes, kids mouths to feed, a drinking habit to support, a wifes car to pay for, a wedding ring to drop 50k on, health insurance for the kids.
I couldn't agree more. People often ask on lawnsite..."how'd you grow so fast...what is the secret?" What you just said about sums it up. You still have to be very smart with your money & spend wisely & make plenty of smart decisions along the way. Being young with no personal bills is a huge advantage when starting your company if you can handle the responsibility.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveoboy01 View Post
I have two questions about the A300.

I watched the video... does it have some sort of automatic throttle control? Must be something on the higher end loaders...

The strobes in the rear, are they a direct fit? I assume they are self-contained and you just used the factory wiring on them? I want to do that with our loader, that's a great idea....

Gotta love that bucket eh? We bought a 96" bucket just like yours but the back is a bit higher... Love it. Moves so much more snow than the dinky one that was on there.
Our A300 has a foot throttle, just like a traditional gas pedal in a vehicle. It's a really nice feature to have. I believe the machine also has the traditional throttle setup like the majority of bobcats but it also has the foot pedal. We use the foot pedal 100% of the time.

The strobes are regular oval LED strobes from AW Direct. They are not a bobcat product. We removed the stock red tail lights and wired these in. We had to trim a small amount of the rubber to fit them in, but overall it was a pretty easy fit.

That snow bucket is AWESOME!! Wish we bought it years ago...
Old 02-16-2011, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoh View Post
Just out of curiosity, on the A300 how often would you say you guys use the all-wheel steer mode vs skid-steer mode? The AWS mode must help a bit with tire life?

Great thread btw, always look forward to seeing the updates.
Westcoh...we use the AWS 90% of the time. It would be tough to go back to a traditional skid steer after using the AWS for so long. I highly recommend it.

We actually just put new tires on the machine last week...we got 700 hours out of that set. I thought we usually got closer to 800...but this time around it was 700 hrs.

What are guys typically seeing out of a set of tires on a regular skid steer?
Old 02-16-2011, 09:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deererunner View Post
Pro-Truf - amazing equipment, how do you like the Bowie hydroseeder? your new one, are you staying with Bowie or switching over to Finn or another company?
We LOVE the Bowie hydroseeder. We are definitely Bowie guys for the foreseeable future. Finn seems to have a majority of the market share, but our first machine was a Bowie & that is what we've learned & grown on. It has treated us well. I'm sure a Finn is a great machine, but we do not have any experience with them.

I'm actually out in California as we speak getting our new Hydroseeder. Yes it is definitely a Bowie! I will try to post some pics of it tomorrow evening.