Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-18-2011, 12:16 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Services View Post
I don't think you got a inheritance but I do think your growing dope and selling it by the truck load. That's why you guys put the sides on the fords, so you can haul it without the DEA seeing it. Most people measure their truck bodies in yards but you measure them in ounces.
Posted via Mobile Device
Hahahha...you crack me up Picasso!

I'm obsessed with fishing out a good deal! I wouldn't be out in California if this wasn't a good deal (and EXACTLY what we were looking for)! Same with our bark blower that we got last year out in Kentucky...it was a killer deal. If we were buying all of this equipment brand new...then yea maybe we'd be measuring our dump loads in ounces instead of yards! But as it stands we're still busting our humps like everyone else & will be for quite a long time! I have a thing with buying stuff brand new...just feel like you can get such a better deal on the used market.
Attached Images

Old 02-18-2011, 12:58 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Your out in cali because that's where they grow the good stuff. They call it wheel chair weed because it will get you so high you can't even walk,just roll around in the chair. Your gona load that hydroseeder up with the seeds and drive it back undetected and plant your herbal garden of prosperity. I've got your scheme figured out now.

I know its in the thread somewhere but how many years have you been in biz again?

Did you pay cash or finance it?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-18-2011, 01:32 AM
LawnSite Member

Man u got a great set up just wanted to let you know that and I was wondering were do you go about to find alot of your used equipment. I do the same thing that you do. I buy gently used equipment for my business fix it up and go to work. I also started just like you did a young age im 23 now with right at 100 accounts. We are just now breaking into the irrigation and fetilizing and spraying parts which i hope does well. My shop is in the works as soon as i find the right spot the plans are done and ready to go.

Keep up the good work you got a great company there
Old 02-18-2011, 02:06 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Buy used save the diffrence thats what i have always said. Is that a CDL required truck?
Old 02-18-2011, 02:09 AM
Banned

man its funny how quick this thread pops up on the DEA watch..... lol

That hydroseeder looks nice. Do you still have the old one?
Old 02-18-2011, 04:52 PM
LawnSite Member

hey proturf,
i have been following this thread for ever now it feels like, and always cant wait to see what is posted next! im so impresssed! im glad the bark blower is working out, we are actually in the process of looking for another one to add the fleet a used one prefered due to cost, we started with the 302finn now a 705, and we are looking to upgrade, what size is your again, and would have gone bigger or smaller? and are you only doing your own jobs or are you being a sub contractor for other companys? i love the snow bucket btw!!!
anyways you have an amazing company, and this thread has so much advice and i love it thanks everyone and keep the posts coming!
btw its 60 degrees here in north east ohio, i done with snow and ready for the good stuff!!!
Old 02-18-2011, 09:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseylandscaping View Post
DID you sell the old unit? how much were you selling that for again?
Yes, we have the machine sold. They are coming to pick it up this coming week. I'm kinda bummed out to part with that seeder...it's a great machine, just not feasible to keep 2 machines. We were asking $14k for it.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Services View Post
I know its in the thread somewhere but how many years have you been in biz again?
Posted via Mobile Device
Came up with the business name & bought my first Scag in 2001. Had been mowing lawns in the neighborhood throughout high school...had no more than 10 existing customers when things got started in 2001.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWill View Post
Man u got a great set up just wanted to let you know that and I was wondering were do you go about to find alot of your used equipment. I do the same thing that you do. I buy gently used equipment for my business fix it up and go to work. I also started just like you did a young age im 23 now with right at 100 accounts. We are just now breaking into the irrigation and fetilizing and spraying parts which i hope does well. My shop is in the works as soon as i find the right spot the plans are done and ready to go.

Keep up the good work you got a great company there
Thanks alot BigWill!

As far as looking for used equipment I just search high & low throughout the internet. Check all the regular places like craigslist, ebay, equipment trader etc. If those don't produce anything decent I just keep on digging. I stumbled on our new hydroseeder on a Bowie dealer from California website. It was the only place it was listed, so it really wasn't getting many views. The equipment is out there...you've just gotta search for it...

Good luck with your new shop...
Old 02-18-2011, 09:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseylandscaping View Post
Is that a CDL required truck?
Yes it is. We also have to get our tanker endorsement.