Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-19-2011, 01:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseylandscaping View Post
If you can rent out a truck to like a 150 with a long bed. put the companys infor such as So and so rentals. Then when they buy the mulch you can load it into the truck and they can rent the truck for 50 an hour with a 1 hour min. just like HD.
I was thinking about doing that with my F250 if I don't sell it or trade it lol.... It would be a good way to get things going.....

I was thinking about just getting a truck like lowes rents out and doing that. And also renting dump trailers (and selling them lol)...

I have big plans and hopefully they will end up putting me in a position to have a thread like this!.... oh well I can dream lol.
Old 02-19-2011, 12:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR0 TURF View Post
That is a very good point...our main reason for upgrading to a larger machine is that we need to get more square footage out of our tanks. Our current machine can shoot 10-12k sq/ft per tank which has been great for the past few years but as our hydroseeding end of the business is growing we need more square footage per stop. The bigger machines can shoot 30-35k sq ft per tank...it saves on time significantly...makes you more efficient etc. I never understand why guys tie up a truck with a machine our size or smaller when you could just get a trailer mount one like ours. I wish they had the 3000 gallon machines in trailer mounts, then we would not have to dedicate a truck for that sole purpose.
Just curious if you have such a big seeder what do you do when you get a call for a small residential job between 5 and 10 thousand sq ft?
Old 02-19-2011, 01:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terraman21 View Post
Proturf,
Are you able to load onsite ever? With our 705 we load our truck and machine can bring over 17 with us then if need more its either delivered or we have a driver run loads from the yard, are you able to load onsite or is the machine to high?
I agree and disagree we have had our best year ever for snow, and inturn I didn't really sleep in december or jan. Lol but we are scheduled to start mulchin the 3rd of march so I will be ok with no more snow but hey just means more money
How many guys do you have on staff full and part time?
Posted via Mobile Device
We can load on site with our Bobcat...it's just tall enough since it's an A300, I don't think we could with a smaller S185 sized machine.

Starting to mulch on March 3rd...daamn...you guys don't waste any time!!

We have 4 full time year round. In season we have closer to 10 full time, this season probably slightly more.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Proturf,
Sounds like you don't like loading onsite??
Yeah we are located in akron, ohio aka northeast ohio so we start in southern ohio in Cincinnati and worl our way north to columbus then by april we are back in akron we have over 2000 yards to do in columbus and cincinnati before we put a single yard in akron. It exstense our season by over a month so its nice plus the Finn factory is located in cincinnati so incase any problems we are right there.
Are you still able to go out and work or are you more in the office and doing estimates? If you still are what's your favorite thing to do out in the field?
They are callin for snow here tonight so we will see
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-20-2011, 09:01 AM
LawnSite Member

pro turf new to posting; but man that hydroseeder is awesome and huge you must do alot of commerical work? btw great threads on your company and equipment very inspiring
Old 02-20-2011, 09:22 AM
LawnSite Member

meant to say im new at posting...im looking through this site over the winter also read one about someone with ford diesels...i have a 95 dodge with a 5.9 cummins absolutely bullet proof i have friends with ford diesels heard nothing but problems, the new ones suck unless its a 7.3 get rid of it
Old 02-20-2011, 11:32 AM
LawnSite Member

Beautiful setup! You must have a great banker too!
Old 02-20-2011, 03:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Proturf, I like the new hydro truck. Looks to be a really productive unit. I was surfing the web and stumbled across a web site with your old one on it. Are you going to do the same lettering scheme on the new one?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-20-2011, 04:26 PM
LawnSite Member

dont know if you saw my post but i have a friend that is a diesel genius and says all the new ford powerstrokes are junk unless its an old 7.3 i have an old cummins 256,000 miles, loud but havent done a thing to it except a hd tranny ($3500) @210,000
Old 02-20-2011, 06:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotens View Post
Just curious if you have such a big seeder what do you do when you get a call for a small residential job between 5 and 10 thousand sq ft?
If we have smaller jobs like that we try to schedule them all on the same day so we can mix a full tank. If we do have to spray just a 5k sq/ft job one day we will just mix up a half tank & it all comes out the same as if we mix up a full tank.