Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-20-2011, 06:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terraman21 View Post
Proturf,
Sounds like you don't like loading onsite??
Yeah we are located in akron, ohio aka northeast ohio so we start in southern ohio in Cincinnati and worl our way north to columbus then by april we are back in akron we have over 2000 yards to do in columbus and cincinnati before we put a single yard in akron. It exstense our season by over a month so its nice plus the Finn factory is located in cincinnati so incase any problems we are right there.
Are you still able to go out and work or are you more in the office and doing estimates? If you still are what's your favorite thing to do out in the field?
They are callin for snow here tonight so we will see
Posted via Mobile Device
I like to load on-site but we don't always have enough equipment to do it. Often our skid steer is out on another job so we can't tie it up for the day loading mulch. We leave our loader at our yard to load from our mulch piles. We could really use another skid steer.

I still go out & work, mostly doing irrigation work, pulling pipe & troubleshooting systems. I also do a decent amount of hydroseeding.

Sounds like you guys have quite an impressive mulch schedule...
Old 02-20-2011, 06:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Proturf,
That works yeah being able to have another loader would be nice but I know you have those wheel loaders, so its hard to justify.
That's good your still able to get out and work.
Yeah the mulch schedule gets crazy but because its such a short season for mulch it self we have to exstended it as much as possible.
You guys got any snow in the forcast we just got an inch or so so we will be going out later tonight
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-20-2011, 06:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmikka View Post
pro turf new to posting; but man that hydroseeder is awesome and huge you must do alot of commerical work? btw great threads on your company and equipment very inspiring
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmikka View Post
meant to say im new at posting...im looking through this site over the winter also read one about someone with ford diesels...i have a 95 dodge with a 5.9 cummins absolutely bullet proof i have friends with ford diesels heard nothing but problems, the new ones suck unless its a 7.3 get rid of it
jrmikka...we currently do not have enough hydroseeding work to justify that new machine, but that is part of our business plan, to increase that portion of the business significantly & make it worth the investment. I'm glad to hear you enjoy the thread.

We have a few different diesels in our trucks. My favorite would have to be the Duramax 6.6L diesel. Plenty of reliable power & relatively quiet. I've never had a Cummins in a truck. We just blew up a 5.9 Cummins in our loader a few weeks ago.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR0 TURF View Post
jrmikka...we currently do not have enough hydroseeding work to justify that new machine, but that is part of our business plan, to increase that portion of the business significantly & make it worth the investment. I'm glad to hear you enjoy the thread.

We have a few different diesels in our trucks. My favorite would have to be the Duramax 6.6L diesel. Plenty of reliable power & relatively quiet. I've never had a Cummins in a truck. We just blew up a 5.9 Cummins in our loader a few weeks ago.
at least some one can spell it right
Old 02-20-2011, 06:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jplawnmaint View Post
Proturf, I like the new hydro truck. Looks to be a really productive unit. I was surfing the web and stumbled across a web site with your old one on it. Are you going to do the same lettering scheme on the new one?
Posted via Mobile Device
We don't have an official plan on the lettering yet, but i have a few ideas in my head. We are planning on lettering the hell outta that thing...I look at it & see a GIANT BILLBOARD. I can't wait to get it done up. I will post some pics when it's all done...probably not for about a month though.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terraman21 View Post
Proturf,
That works yeah being able to have another loader would be nice but I know you have those wheel loaders, so its hard to justify.
That's good your still able to get out and work.
Yeah the mulch schedule gets crazy but because its such a short season for mulch it self we have to exstended it as much as possible.
You guys got any snow in the forcast we just got an inch or so so we will be going out later tonight
Posted via Mobile Device
We have 1-2" on tap for tonight....wish it was 1-2 feet!
Old 02-20-2011, 06:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We had this guy do some work for us last week...thought you guys might enjoy his business card...
Attached Images

Old 02-20-2011, 07:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
We don't have an official plan on the lettering yet, but i have a few ideas in my head. We are planning on lettering the hell outta that thing...I look at it & see a GIANT BILLBOARD. I can't wait to get it done up. I will post some pics when it's all done...probably not for about a month though.
GIANT BILLBOARD is what I was thinking. We have a E350 box truck. My wife calls it a rolling billboard.

1"-2" of snow tonight. I agree with you. Wish it was a foot of snow. 1-2 is a waste of time for us.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-20-2011, 07:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Man that card is hilarious. I could use him for a couple things on his list.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-20-2011, 07:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
We had this guy do some work for us last week...thought you guys might enjoy his business card...
Does he happen to be this man?

Pittsburgh/Western PA Landscapers Networking Thread

For Sale Chevy truck parts