Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-15-2011, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR0 TURF View Post
Here are a few pics of our bark blower. We put some bigger sides on it to carry more mulch this winter.

If anyone in the MA or NH area needs any mulch blowing this season, please contact us...we'd love to work with you!

Carry more mulch this winter? Is that a new expanding market in Mass? If so I want in! Sorry had to bust ya on that one Chris hahaha

Also I may have a job for you to do in a month or so if your willing to travel to Worcester. I'll let you know. Keep on keepin' on!
Old 03-15-2011, 11:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Looks great man and it was great to meet up with you at the grows show in boston this winter. We will have you come down to westerly RI. this spring agen. Hope everything is going good we started working this week and it felt great. Have you guys started yet.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:54 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice mulch blower, but the last pic does look like its going to take a trip to the moon *picture bark blower lifting off in front of your shop*

Picture Thread: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...ight=army+pics
Old 03-16-2011, 08:04 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

hey pro turf.....what are the rates for the day on the blower? Im in Weymouth Ma. prob. 40 mins from you. Thankx!
Old 03-16-2011, 02:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Nice, from the looks of the picture it looks like the tarp might have a clearance issue with the board though. Maybe not

Old 03-16-2011, 06:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by srl28 View Post
Looks great, the extra sides are a good idea. Did they mention if it would affect the floor chain any or wear it out quicker due to the added weight. I was at a local dealers demo for the finn products last week. Very impressed. Slowly pushing us closer and closer to the purchase of one when the timing is right and we find the right one.
We never asked if the extra weight would be an issue...I will have to look into that.

When the time comes to get your first bark blower I'd recommend nothing smaller than the BB-605/705...that's the bigger trailer mount, approx 5 yard capacity. I know plenty of guys run the small 302 machines...but they just seem so small that the efficiency is lost with having to load with pitchforks out of a truck or constantly have a machine on-site to load with. Don't take my word for it though...go out and put one to use...rent one or sub someone out with one to make sure you are getting what you want!
Old 03-16-2011, 06:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stihl_Pro View Post
Carry more mulch this winter? Is that a new expanding market in Mass? If so I want in! Sorry had to bust ya on that one Chris hahaha

Also I may have a job for you to do in a month or so if your willing to travel to Worcester. I'll let you know. Keep on keepin' on!
Haaaa...I always do that!

Yea definitely let us know what you have when the time comes!
Old 03-16-2011, 06:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by a&jlandscaping View Post
Looks great man and it was great to meet up with you at the grows show in boston this winter. We will have you come down to westerly RI. this spring agen. Hope everything is going good we started working this week and it felt great. Have you guys started yet.
A&J...it was a pleasure crossing paths with you guys as well. It's always nice to meet good quality people in the industry. We have not started work yet...we still have at least another 2 weeks before we get going. Still a fair share of snow up here & everything is just soaked. I'm envious of your early season! Let me know about Westerly & we'd be happy to come down!
Old 03-16-2011, 06:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelinek61 View Post
Nice, from the looks of the picture it looks like the tarp might have a clearance issue with the board though. Maybe not
The pictures are a little blurry. We had to angle each end of the boards for the tarp clearance...so far so good while testing in the shop...but ya never know until it's put out in action!
Old 03-16-2011, 06:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLI View Post
hey pro turf.....what are the rates for the day on the blower? Im in Weymouth Ma. prob. 40 mins from you. Thankx!

MLI...shoot me a PM or give me a call and we can discuss it. 978-957-8873. We price the bark blowing a few different ways...either by the yard, with you providing the mulch or us providing it. We can also do by the hour with you providing the mulch. If a machine is needed on-site to load we can provide that too. Let me know if we can be of any help!