Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-10-2012, 12:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschevelle69 View Post
i like the way the irrigation trailer is setup very nice and organized. what type of trailers do use? im looking into the homsteader hercules and the carmate
We have 3 enclosed trailers. Haulmark, Pace & I believe a CargoMate? We have had the worst luck with the Pace trailer, but we are also hardest on the Pace trailer. We haven't purchased an enclosed trailer since 2006 so I am pretty unfamiliar with what is out there right now.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:59 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR0 TURF View Post
Do the Standers come with 60" decks? The only ones I am familiar with are the 48 or 52" decks...
If you're looking at Standers I would try Wright they make a great mower, and they can have a 61'' deck.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We just installed this wood stove in our shop this winter. It has a fan on the back that kicks on & off at a certain temperature to move the heat. The unit works AWESOME!!!
Attached Images

Old 01-10-2012, 01:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by srl28 View Post
Really like all the new websites you have now. Great idea spreading them out into different domain names too. Did you do them yourselves or hire a web designer?
Thanks Will...we did all of the websites in house. We did them all through GoDaddy, they offer a good "do it yourself" application. We have plans to do 1 or 2 more sites this winter.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Here are some of our random irrigation pics from this season...
Attached Images

Old 01-10-2012, 01:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR0 TURF View Post
We have 3 enclosed trailers. Haulmark, Pace & I believe a CargoMate? We have had the worst luck with the Pace trailer, but we are also hardest on the Pace trailer. We haven't purchased an enclosed trailer since 2006 so I am pretty unfamiliar with what is out there right now.
What problems have you had with the Pace trailers? I thought they were one of the best.. Is the Pace the trailer with the irrigation set up inside?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-10-2012, 01:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I posted this in the Commerical Lawn forum, but thought it was pretty good so I would share it with everyone on this thread as well..

At this time every year I sit down for a few hours and reflect on the past season. I make a list of the following:

All of the positive things that happened:
Some examples are, equipment purchases, new customers, things I've learned, new employees, improvements to current systems, snowy winter, built a salt dome at our yard, get my CDL, become more DOT compliant

All of the negative things that happened:
Some examples are: Losing customers/contracts, equipment damage, losing a good employee, a Snow-less winter, keeping a bad employee around too long, had X amount of workers comp claims,

My predictions for the upcoming season, things I want to focus on, make changes to, get better at etc:
Some examples are, invoice on a weekly basis, not monthly. Email more invoices, start accepting credit cards, build a new website, take a vacation, improve our employee handbook, put out more job signs, update the business facebook page more often, take more before & after pics, focus on raising employee morale, take a company deep sea fishing trip, keep trucks/trailers washed & clean more often, put GPS units in all trucks

Then I do a follow up on the previous year's predictions.
So I list my thoughts on last year's predictions...did they go as planned? Did they totally get pushed to the side & forgotten about? There are some things that have been on my list for years to try & change and they never get done!

This is one of my favorite things to do each year so I thought I would share it with everyone. I have been doing it since 2004. It is interesting to go back a few years and see what things I used to worry about etc. It also helps you see the strides you've made year to year.

The examples I gave are not my actual 2012 list, but they have all been on my list at one time or another throughout the years. I just wanted to give some random examples.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

PRO TURF- I am blown away at this thread everytime I read it. Your post on your rental property and investing was awesome and hit home with me cause I'm at the age where I can still do something about investing and saving before its too late. I also enjoyed reading your last post about your goals. Glad people like you are on this site
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-10-2012, 03:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Question: What type of camera do you use for all of your pictures?
Old 01-10-2012, 04:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

what model stove is that...i think i have the same one sitting in my shop next to the 2 propane ones that i picked up free.