Old 04-26-2012, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey man hows things going up there
Old 04-27-2012, 01:19 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&Jlandscapingllc View Post
Hey man hows things going up there
Things are humming along as always...living the dream...haaa! How about you guys? Are you doing that huge mulch job again this season? It's been an interesting 2012 with the lack of snow & then the dry spring...who knows what else will be in store for us. What's good on your end?
Old 04-27-2012, 03:34 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR0 TURF View Post
Things are humming along as always...living the dream...haaa! How about you guys? Are you doing that huge mulch job again this season? It's been an interesting 2012 with the lack of snow & then the dry spring...who knows what else will be in store for us. What's good on your end?
How u guys adjusting with the walkbehinds?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-27-2012, 10:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Things are great down here we have been very busy with a nice early start to the year. The mulch job is still up in the air but if they do it we will have you come down. I hope for more snow next season this year killed us. This summer we will have to get together.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

TT upgrades

Proturf

1.) great post--congrats on everything. You are running a first class operation
2.) On the walkbehinds--I began making the switch last season--mostly for operating costs and lawn damage--I take care of some sensational properties and the Z's and walkers were really starting to take a noticeable toll particularly on shadier lawns and along the margins where all the turns were happening. We are one week in on regular cutting and we will be getting some proslides--they probably won't be used 80% of the time, but having the option would be a real help. I still work with the crews and let me tell you after three days of mowing my dogs are tired--next week will be a different story. I will be adding more walkbehinds here in the coming weeks as we have added just enough mowing to make delivery difficult with our current setup. It is a good motivation for me to sell more. I have the exmark turf tracers S series 20 HP Kawi--we buy new--I understand your used philosophy for trucks and some other things, but mowers I m a new guy all the way. If Exmark should read this I would really like to see the 21 Kohler EFI on the 48" S series. We started with the walkbehinds at the end of last season--the leaf plow to truckloader on smaller more heavily wooded accounts is faster than any bagger.
3.) On snow--we haven t done any snow removal at all to this point. In fact I don't even own a plow. I plowed for another company in MN when I was in grad school and I have a good bit of commercial plowing experience. I didn't really care for the experience so I have avoided the snow removal side of the business because I haven't really needed it. I have added a number of employees that I would like to keep around and I need more consistent winter time work--I would be interested to pick your brains on what specifically you do with snow that makes it very profitable for you and what you feel is a good mix of clientele and pricing structures.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:30 PM
LawnSite Member

WOW!! I am new here and have read the entire thread and it is so inspirational. I am starting from scratch and I'm 41yrs old. I am looking at the Exmark X series ZTR 29hp EFI. with 60" deck or Toro G3 29hp EFI. 60" deck. I am also looking at a Kubota 331 as I currently mow my property with a Kubota 7610 4wd with 60" midmount mower and the Kubota has been flawless but it is a little slow compared to a zero turn. Any pointers or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Congrats on your business and the hard work you have put into it. Some might say lucky but I've always said the harder you work the more blessed you are. Thanks SBuff
Old 05-06-2012, 08:48 AM
LawnSite Member

Just finished reading through this entire thred, Fantastic. Interesting to see the size of lawns you guys in the States & Canada get to work on, both layout and mowing, over our side of the water the average domestic lawn is like postage stamp compared with yours. Larger lawn areas are usually commercial lots. Great to see so many young people making such a success of their businesses.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:12 PM
LawnSite Member

How is your season going this year. Any big jobs with pictures for us to wow over?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-05-2012, 10:00 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Where did you guy Pro Turf, I miss your updates!
Old 10-05-2012, 11:40 AM
LawnSite Member

Even though my wife has been yelling at me to leave the house and beat the storm to get working I have kept reading this and pro turf guys like you are the reason I keep going and one day will be as successful as you are buddy keep up the good work
Gravely zt 54xl
Bunton 36 walk behind
Echo trimmers
Red Max Backpack blower
16 foot tandem trailer
12 foot single axel trailer