Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-18-2013, 02:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xclusive View Post
What type of camera do you use to take your photos?
The camera is a Nikon & our videos are all done with an Iphone of a Galaxy S3. They aren't the best out there, but they work for our budget!
Old 02-18-2013, 02:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR0 TURF View Post
The camera is a Nikon & our videos are all done with an Iphone of a Galaxy S3. They aren't the best out there, but they work for our budget!
Is it an slr with a certain lens or just a high mega pixel ditial camera?
Old 02-18-2013, 03:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CriderLawn09 View Post
Thats cool, that may be something to look into as my spreaders get some more years on them, whats new on the equipment list now? And what direction has the business been going, still offering the same services etc..
We have a few items on the equipment wish list like everyone. In the next year or so we hope to pick up a CAT track machine for our dirt work & upgrade our Freightliner...hopefully get a nice 10-wheeler. It won't be until the end of this season that we are shopping for that stuff.

I've also been keeping my eyes out for a nice mobile pressure washing setup on a trailer. Not so much to do pressure washing as a service, more just for our equipment etc. We don't really NEED it, but it would be nice.

We have been selling off some of our older equipment...slowly upgrading things.

For the most part we are offering the same services as always. We try to stick to what we are good at & do a lot of it.

One of these blowers is also on the wish list...but that won't be for a few years! This is a pic of my friend's blower...he says it's awesome!
Attached Images

Old 02-18-2013, 03:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xclusive View Post
Is it an slr with a certain lens or just a high mega pixel ditial camera?
Nikon D700 with a 24-70mm Nikkor lens

Old 02-18-2013, 03:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Does he mount something to the front of that Hurrican blower? Looks like a black bracket or mount bar on the front of it. I've heard alot of good things about them so far.Glad your updating this thread.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by srl28 View Post
Does he mount something to the front of that Hurrican blower? Looks like a black bracket or mount bar on the front of it. I've heard alot of good things about them so far.Glad your updating this thread.
You are right...that does look like one of those JRCO mount bars. I haven't asked him very much about it...I just got a basic "this thing is awesome" from him. Next time we talk I'll have to get some more info. I believe they are around $9k new!

Until we get into some bigger contracts these are the only blowers we will be operating.

Attached Images

Old 02-18-2013, 04:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

What host do you use for all the websites? Has it worked better than just one site even though (I'm sure) there are increased costs along with it? Did you do the design work?
2014 Diamond Cargo 8.5' x 20' Enclosed Trailer - Fully Loaded Interior
Exmark Lazer Z X-Series 52" w/ Ultravac
Exmark TTHP 36"

Graduate - Anoka Technical College w/ Associate's in Hort/Landscape - May 2013
In business since Feb 2011
23 Years Old

When you have systems, you have control.

If youíre born poor, itís not your mistake. But if you die poor, it is your mistake.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

the smaller units from hurricane are excellent as well, imo much more bang for your buck. You can pick them up for around 5k or so.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JContracting View Post
What host do you use for all the websites? Has it worked better than just one site even though (I'm sure) there are increased costs along with it? Did you do the design work?
We use GoDaddy for all of our sites. The cost is minimal...each site costs us under $100 per year for the domain name & hosting. We do all of the design work in house. For what we spent on Yellow Page ads in years past ($10k per year) these websites are just a drop in the bucket. The ROI is far more significant with our websites than our print ads.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR0 TURF View Post
We have a few items on the equipment wish list like everyone. In the next year or so we hope to pick up a CAT track machine for our dirt work & upgrade our Freightliner...hopefully get a nice 10-wheeler. It won't be until the end of this season that we are shopping for that stuff.

I've also been keeping my eyes out for a nice mobile pressure washing setup on a trailer. Not so much to do pressure washing as a service, more just for our equipment etc. We don't really NEED it, but it would be nice.

We have been selling off some of our older equipment...slowly upgrading things.

For the most part we are offering the same services as always. We try to stick to what we are good at & do a lot of it.

One of these blowers is also on the wish list...but that won't be for a few years! This is a pic of my friend's blower...he says it's awesome!
That's a sweet blower but for $9k I think my guys will be pushing our blowers as well ! Lol , but I guess we all have our wish list lol. I had another question , early on in the thread you talk about being active in a bni group , are you still active in it and how has it worked for you ? I was a member of our local group for a while but as you know how strict they are on making the meetings each week or sending a sub , during the spring time rush I failed at that horribly! And I had to end up getting out of it for a while, but I was wondering how you fit it in your schedule as I know from your pics you guys stay pretty busy as well, also I think you menchined somewhere about using a business coach or consulting , and did you do that ? And how has that worked ? Did your coach give you a lot of helpful systems and advice to take the stress and operations go smoother ? And on a lighter note if you buy a tracked skid loader your operater guy won't know what to do with himself ! He always seems to do great dirt work as it is with the bobcat , I'm always impressed with your /his prep work on lawn installs !
Posted via Mobile Device