Old 06-25-2013, 12:14 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Got any pics of the new rigs?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-26-2013, 11:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnpropm View Post
Ill keep that in mind! I thought Pace were high dollar trailers? Oh well that reminds me of the saying a happy customer well tell 10 people about you, an unhappy one will tell 100!
Posted via Mobile Device
I have a H&H trailer and couldn't be more pleased. I bought the top of the line that they offered. Smooth sides, the tongue and frame is line X. RV door, tubular steal side walls just a great trailer. Since another company has started making them they do offer an economy line and I'd run away from those.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by wagil; 06-26-2013 at 11:53 PM.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:05 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR0 TURF View Post
It takes about 30-45 seconds to raise & lower the body to shift the salt to the back. On average we can do 3 small parking lots with one raise/lower of the body. It's not as inconvenient as you would think. They have never once clogged, or jammed up on us. There is not an additional gas engine to maintain, like our old v-box spreaders. We can carry more salt as well. When you are done for the day you can just dump the salt out instead of having to spin it out like the V-box. Overall we are very pleased.

I work for the state during the winter, and I would rather use a tailgate spreader over a v box any day of the week. Like Chris said it takes no time to raise the bed. If the salt sticks just put the truck in reverse and step on the gas then brake it'll slide back in a hurry. Chris you might look into making a brine maker to spray brine onto the salt as it hits the spreader fan. You already have the salt pile and I'm sure you have water at the shop it would really help out. Better yet we have a tank truck dedicated to just spraying bridge decks. You could apply the brine to a parking lot a couple days before a snow event and it will start working once it starts snowing out. I'm not sure how the smaller v boxes distribute product with the gas Motor, but on the fl60 you can set the hydraulics for you tail gate unit to operate according to the speed your driving. Just my thought
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-20-2013, 02:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hope the summer is treating everyone well. It's been a hot few weeks around here. Figured I would post a few pics while I had some time...nothing too exciting...just an old compressor that we bought & cleaned up for blowout season. I will have to dig up a few more pics...

Attached Images

Old 07-20-2013, 02:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

That is the nicest compressor I have even seen, hopefully people notice it, keep it up.
Old 07-20-2013, 02:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Every summer we take a day out of work and try to do something fun with the everyone in the company. Usually it's deep sea fishing, but last year too many people got sick so we had to try something new. This year we rented a few boats for the day and went out on Lake Winnepesaukee. Everyone had a blast. It was very hot & just a beautiful day to be out on the lake swimming, tubing, rope swings...sure beats a day out landscaping in 90+ degree heat.

What do you guys do to help keep employee morale up throughout the season? I'm always looking for new ideas...

Attached Images

Old 07-20-2013, 02:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We have a "100 Days of Hell" cookout one day after work each year. April 1st-July 1st we call the 100 Days of Hell...so we have a cookout to celebrate that it's finally over and we can all have weekends off for the rest of the summer! We had a corn hole tournament this year too...made for a fun competitive time and some good team building etc.

Here are a few random pics from that...

Attached Images

Old 07-20-2013, 02:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Here is one of our new trucks...GMC 3500 Duramax...this is one of our mowing trucks. So far so good!

What do you think of Droopy?

Attached Images

Old 07-20-2013, 03:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Very nice! Now if we all could run our companies like this then landscaping would be the job to have! (Minus the heat)
Old 07-20-2013, 03:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Wow! Everything looks great, keep up the good work!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/AWeave...12666792139719

http://www.aweaverlawncare.com

Rhode Island Lawncare/Landscapers Networking Thread
http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=367380