Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-02-2009, 07:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMax Man View Post
Here's the other thread bout you...

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=178714
Thanks for diggin that up...I had a blast reading that!!!
Old 01-02-2009, 07:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelbouch View Post
see thats what i thought and thought about but i heard they suck and all isnt it the same size as a s300 and all you need to do is flip a switch and it goes to skisdsterr steering again what type of control you got though
Yea...same exact size at the S300. Yes...you can flip a switch to go from skid to all wheel steer...its NIIIIICE!!! We have joystick controls...one joystick controls all bucket functions...the other controls the machine movement. No foot controls at all...except a foot throttle/pedal which is a pleasure to have.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markahurley View Post
why are there some pictures with the shop on a hill by a field, and others where the shop is right behind a house by a pool? more than one shop? sorry--i just couldn't figure it out.
Only one shop...the one with the hill and the field has the house photoshopped out of the pic. The house & pool are all legit...
Old 01-02-2009, 07:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlm335 View Post
There's a guy over in the Heavy equipment and Paving forum here on LS has a video of using his T300 in the snow, as far as the A300 I dont know, Pro Turf might use his..
We used to use our A300 to do driveways at a retirment community with a snowblower on the front. Worked really well...threw snow approx 30ft. We also had the skid steer up at a Lowe's with an 8ft pusher on it...worked fine for that too. This year we just have the machine to load salt...we are not using it to plow anymore...no particular reason...we just don't need it anywhere. It has always been decent in the snow...no complaints. We still use it for snow removal at certain places.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Thats not always true, a CAT or ASV (MTL) like Ronnie has (Bobcat Ron) is great for moving snow, but a traditional track machine (CTL) like a T300 isnt that great, you can get I believe its bridgestone tracks that are marketed as snow tracks, I've heard they are a lil better, but still not as good as the tracks on the CAT's and ASV's...
What is the difference between CTL & MTL??

We have no experience with tracked skid steers...the closest thing we have is our Bobcat MT52
Old 01-02-2009, 08:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMax Man View Post
Hey i caught you candid plowing across the street from me in the '08. Hope you don't mind
Daaaamn you have a good camera!!! I saw you that day across the street at the hardware store...I was gonna come over & say hi but as you can see from the pics it was NASTY out and I'm sure you and I didn't have much time to chit chat. My camera takes terrible pics...what are you using???

Did you happen to see that tractor trailer across the street from Uncle Bob's who got himself jackknifed soooo bad?? They had a huge wrecker come straighten him out....he was stuck there all afternoon.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR0 TURF View Post
What is the difference between CTL & MTL??

We have no experience with tracked skid steers...the closest thing we have is our Bobcat MT52
The undercarriage is really all that is different, if you want some detail go post that in the Heavy Equipment and Paving Forum here..

Your MT52 is a CTL just a smaller frame. All of Bobcats trackloaders are CTL's, and all of ASV's trackloaders are MTL's so you can see a physical difference..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 01-02-2009, 08:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks Pro Turf for all those pictures and information. Makes me want it even more. Some Day...
Old 01-02-2009, 09:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

hey pro if i ever go up to see ya i wana try the a300
Old 01-02-2009, 10:17 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Thats not always true, a CAT or ASV (MTL) like Ronnie has (Bobcat Ron) is great for moving snow, but a traditional track machine (CTL) like a T300 isnt that great, you can get I believe its bridgestone tracks that are marketed as snow tracks, I've heard they are a lil better, but still not as good as the tracks on the CAT's and ASV's...
I'm not going to argue with you. But have you ever plowed with one?? I have and a wheeled machine will kick its azz imo..