Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-05-2009, 05:41 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustbag View Post
Can't post.............still...............drooling................need snorkel............

WOW!!!
Hahahhaa...thanks man...just remember...the grass is always greener on the other side...
Old 01-05-2009, 05:42 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakwdman View Post
This is an awesome thread. Very nice equipment.
So how many of your trucks have plows?
All of our trucks have plows...we put plows on everything!! I'd put a plow on my motorcycle if I could!!

Snow is such a big part of our business that we can't afford to let anything sit in the winter that could be out moving snow.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:45 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumLandCon View Post
Pro Turf,
How much of the snow equipment is yours? Are those big azz loaders yours?
All of the snow equipment is ours. We have not started using any subcontractors yet. We have 2 front end loaders with 16ft pushers...3 sanders...5 trucks plowing.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:57 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoh View Post
Awesome setup you've got there. What's the deal with that big front end loader you posted pics of clearing snow? Is it just for snow removal, or do you have other uses for it as well? Do you have a truck with a transfer tank to keep it fueled up? I've always had the idea in the back of my head of picking up an older loader for cheap and using it for snow removal if I ever really got into some larger sized lots.
Thank you!!!

We primarily only use the front end loaders for snow. We have them on hand in the summer to load mulch or whatever we may need like that...but we would typically use our skid steer if its around for that, so they basically sit idle for 7 months out of the year.

The reason we own them instead of renting is...to rent a comparable size machine from CAT for the winter is approx. $16,000. Each of our loaders cost just about if not less than $16k. So since we are in this for the long haul...it just makes sense to pay the $16k one time...instead of giving CAT that $16k every year. Both machines are pushing 30 years old...they are no gems by any means!...but they start up and push snow for us 15-20x per year...and that is all we need them for. I know alot of companies that rent the machines each winter...and the peace of mind is great...using a brand new machine...you know its always going to start right up etc...so we definitely deal with our fair share of headaches with these old dinosaurs...but it is worth it to us to keep that $15k in our pocket winter after winter.

Hope that all made sense...
Old 01-05-2009, 06:00 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtostone View Post
Very nice looking stuff, If i may what are you using for tracking and billing your customers. Just recently I am coming to a head with quickbooks and just looking for some other ideas on suitable programs.
We use Groundskeeper Pro. I bought the software back when I first started and it has treated me well ever since. There are some small changes I would like to see...but for the most part it takes care of what we need. Over the years we have received numerous compliments about how professional our invoices are...we have our full color logo on top and the overall layout is just awesome looking.

I have considered changing a few times...trying out QuickBooks or CLIP or a few of the others...but i figure why change now..."If it ain't broke...don't fix it!"
Old 01-05-2009, 10:43 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR0 TURF View Post
We use Groundskeeper Pro. I bought the software back when I first started and it has treated me well ever since. There are some small changes I would like to see...but for the most part it takes care of what we need. Over the years we have received numerous compliments about how professional our invoices are...we have our full color logo on top and the overall layout is just awesome looking.

I have considered changing a few times...trying out QuickBooks or CLIP or a few of the others...but i figure why change now..."If it ain't broke...don't fix it!"
I will tell you right now Pro, I use quickbooks. Two of my buddies use groundskeeper pro, needless to say, I am switching to groundskeeper this year. I think the ease of use and efficency of groundskeeper is better than quickbooks.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:53 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticLandscape View Post
I will tell you right now Pro, I use quickbooks. Two of my buddies use groundskeeper pro, needless to say, I am switching to groundskeeper this year. I think the ease of use and efficency of groundskeeper is better than quickbooks.
That is great to hear! Everyone i know who uses QuickBooks always tries to convince me to switch over to that...but I've never had much interest in it. I have never heard anyone saying they are switching from QB to Groundskeeper....i like hearing it!

You will love Groundskeeper...
Old 01-05-2009, 12:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR0 TURF View Post
That is great to hear! Everyone i know who uses QuickBooks always tries to convince me to switch over to that...but I've never had much interest in it. I have never heard anyone saying they are switching from QB to Groundskeeper....i like hearing it!

You will love Groundskeeper...

ya when i had my company going i started with quick books then i hated it so bad found grounds keeper pro and bought it was pricey still is but i bought seeing how it was desgined for this industry but seeing how i work for mystic now i was going to reregester my copy and give it to tim but they wont let me do that there forceing tim to buy a new copy which is gay.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Does that groundskeeperpro yall are talking about work with construction to? or is it designed just for landscaping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 01-05-2009, 01:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlm335 View Post
Does that groundskeeperpro yall are talking about work with construction to? or is it designed just for landscaping?
It should work fine with a construction company...it is very user friendly. You can check out a free demo online...not sure of there website off hand?? I think something like www.adkad.com but don't quote me on that!!