Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-10-2009, 05:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity Landscapes, Inc View Post
Hey pro turf where did you get the storage bins in that trailer. Did you buy them or make them. I'm talking aboat the little wooden boxes for you irragation parts. thanks
We got them made when all of the shelves were made...they work out great!
Old 02-10-2009, 05:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

any responce on the question i had for the international plowing?
Old 02-10-2009, 06:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot4819 View Post
any responce on the question i had for the international plowing?
Aww crap...sorry man! What was the question? Are you the gentleman I talk to on IM sometimes that does the hydroseeding?
Old 02-10-2009, 06:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

That is me..
I dont have aim anymore. wish i did.

The question was , is the international a 2 wheel or 4 wheel drive?

How does it handle the plow, and is it automatic or standard.?

I just purchased a international 4700 2 wheel drive. has a hydroseeder mounted to the back 1300 gal, machanical.

Wanted to try and make some money with it this upcoming winter, was thinking working for the state, not as much money an hour, but something i can throw a driver in and make constant money.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Pro
I see that you have 2 pay loaders for snow. I myself am in the market. If you had to perches one over. What would you look for,size in gross#, 4x4, and what are some must haves in your opinion. Have seen quite a few this last yr. A few people like the 6 cylinder Cummings any comments ? any info would be appreciated
Old 02-10-2009, 09:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR0 TURF View Post
All of our plows are Fishers...we have 2 V-plows...and the rest straight blades. Our pushers are an Avalanche & Storm...they both have steel cutting edges instead of rubber, i think that makes a big difference! Our sanders are all over the place...we have a Fisher...Curtis & a Hi-Way. My favorite is probably the Hi-Way...its the most reliable and spreads the nicest!
Niice.. This winters been sweet, having storms basically every week has been keeping us busy and making us $$. Contracted accounts have sucked but we're learnin with what to do different in years to come. The fishers have been our choice too and I wouldn't trade the new Xtreme V-Blades for anything. A few weeks ago we got pounded with snow/sleet/freezing rain and ending with rain. The lots iced up with close to 3/4"-1" of ice, no lie. As long as we went slow enough the X-blades scraped up everything! It helped out with using a lot less salt. So what's the product of choice up there- Straight salt? Sprayed salt (mag. or cal. sprayed like "magic salt") Sand/salt? And the pics look good! keep em comin'
Old 02-10-2009, 09:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Amherst, but I go to school in Nashua(Bishop Guertin)
Old 02-10-2009, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

that is a sweet setup of mowers and trucks
Old 02-10-2009, 10:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMLawnCare View Post
Niice.. This winters been sweet, having storms basically every week has been keeping us busy and making us $$. Contracted accounts have sucked but we're learnin with what to do different in years to come. The fishers have been our choice too and I wouldn't trade the new Xtreme V-Blades for anything. A few weeks ago we got pounded with snow/sleet/freezing rain and ending with rain. The lots iced up with close to 3/4"-1" of ice, no lie. As long as we went slow enough the X-blades scraped up everything! It helped out with using a lot less salt. So what's the product of choice up there- Straight salt? Sprayed salt (mag. or cal. sprayed like "magic salt") Sand/salt? And the pics look good! keep em comin'
i can say is we use magic salt get striaght salt then liquid of magic and mix it areselfs its great product worth every penny
Old 02-10-2009, 10:39 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR0 TURF View Post
Hey TRUDEAU...

Remember when I saw you at Dracut Tire a few weeks ago...and you asked what I was doing in there and I said I'd explain later? Well we had to send our F-450 in there for a new rear tire a few weeks ago...and 3 days after they put the new one on...the lug nuts loosened up and all the studs sheared off going down Rt. 38 in Pelham. We had to get it towed...and all new studs put in it...what a PITA!!!!! I went down to talk to them and they stood behind it and gave us a $400 credit to cover the tow & the repairs. I just didn't want to tell you the story in front of those guys...but they did stand behind their work which says alot. They must've not torqued the lugnuts properly. I wish i got some pictures...cause it wasn't pretty!!!!
Thats good to know. I was there for an inspection and alignment.

I see you take care of Lowes in Nashua. good for you. when i storm strikes u guys are in high gear.

Have you been able to keep it all in house or have you used any subs?

My dad has an Xtreme V also on his 08 Ford and plows for me. Very nice blade even puts mine to shame.
I also do subbing for a contractor in dracut on top of my plowing accounts.

Did you notice how many guys in this area have V blades this year compared to last. quite a few upgraded from straight blades.
F450 XLT Dump
Fisher Xtreme Vees
22' Enclosed Trailer
16' Open Trailer
14' Dump Trailer
10' Open Trailer
Redmax 2stroke Equipment
Walker, Wright Stander, Lesco
Little Wonder, Stihl, ect. ect.....