Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-08-2010, 08:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

How do you advertise? You guys always have tons of work. Especially bigger stuff like installs and hydroseeding.

"Without purpose ... goals, ambitions, and dreams aren't worth the paper they're written on. Without direction, a business plan, no matter how carefully written, is simply a bunch of words ruining a perfectly good blank sheet of paper."
Old 11-08-2010, 09:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben's Landscape View Post
just caught up with your thread! i have found quite a lot of eagle scouts on this forum and when i say that i am an eagle scout if i am biding a job it always helps and i usually get that job and others for just saying that. I got my eagle when i was 16 and am a assistant scoutmaster now. Its sad but it seems that when ever you talk to someone about eaglescout the other person will always say what you did about knowing everything and quiting before eagle. For some reason they all drop out at life or like 1 badge away from being eagle.

Anyways nice pictures I hope i can have a business like yours one day. Keep the pics coming!
I got my Eagle at 15. Had to get it done before High School go too busy. Scouts has obviously given me the most worthwhile experiences of my life.

I've been to Sea Base in the Bahamas and Philmont. I've met lifelong friends and have learned leadership skills I'll use for the rest of my life. I'm sure glad I stuck with it.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys just saw you guys talking about BSA, i just thought id share im a life scout and am 1 badge away from eagle, i was wondering how philmont is i just went to the national jamboree and it was a blast, I think all guys should have a scouting experience, you learn lessons meat friends and its A great way to meet ne friends.
Hunter
cub cadet lawn mower 21 inch
Abunch of shovels, racks excetra.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
I got my eagle when i was 16 and am a assistant scoutmaster now.
Congrats Ben & Smassengill...I tip my cap to ya for getting Eagle...like I've said before, that's my biggest regret...

NewJersey...make sure you follow through with your Eagle...you'll never regret it & they can never take it away from you...

Last edited by PR0 TURF; 11-08-2010 at 10:45 PM.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakhillslandscaping View Post
hey you know everytime i turn around theres a pro turf blocking the gas pump im trying to get too or you guys are stacking up the Dunkins parkin lots, how do you boys get any work done hahahaha JK buddy, i gotta give you a buzz about a few things for the winter
Hahahhaa...I don't care what everyone says about you...you're OK in my book buddy!

Hit me up anytime...
Old 11-08-2010, 10:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR0 TURF View Post
Congrats Ben & Smassengill...I tip my cap to ya for getting Eagle...like I've said before, that's my biggest regret...

NewJersey...make sure you follow through with your Eagle...you'll never regret it & they can never take it away from you...
I will i have 2 years but im hoping to have it by the end of this year early next year, thanks for the encouragement.
cub cadet lawn mower 21 inch
Abunch of shovels, racks excetra.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveslawncare View Post
How do you advertise? You guys always have tons of work. Especially bigger stuff like installs and hydroseeding.
We implement numerous forms of advertising...but really there are no "big secrets" in our marketing plan. Our website generates a large amount of our new work, we use job signs, all of our trucks, trailers & equipment are all painted to match & lettered up with our logo, we give magnets & letter openers with our logo to every customer & vendor, yellow page ads, brochures, mailbox flyers, we hand out shirts & sweatshirts to friends, employees & customers, direct mail post cards, we made videos for our website this summer that we will be adding to the site over the winter, we set up a business display table at our bank this summer for a few months. We are involved in a BNI group that meets once a week (business to business networking group)

Basically we jump at any chance we get to put our name & logo in front of people...they may not need our services right now but when they eventually do need landscaping we want to make sure that Pro-Turf will cross their mind to call for a quote. Our market is loaded with landscapers big & small, but you've got to do what you can to stand out from the competition. It's not easy...but it's very important...

We are actually going to a marketing seminar in Boston tomorrow all day...put on by RealGreen Systems. I'm interested to see what ideas they have...

Here are a few random pics of some of our miscellaneous marketing materials sitting around the office...
Attached Images

Old 11-09-2010, 09:23 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:

Thanks. yea even though you never made eagle im sure you learned a lot through out the years of being in scouts. And people can take everything from you but they will never take your knowledge. I heard that from someone but i just cant remember who and it just sortof stuck with me. Since its so true.

Really like your ads. Creative way of doing your flyers and to do the letter openers. Who did them if you dont mind me asking? Local company or like vistaprint?
6x12 Road King open trailer
Exmark Metro 48
Toro Proline 36 Belt Drive
Lawn Boy 21" commercial 2 stroke
Toro commercial 21"
Redmax EBZ 80001 BP
Redmax EBZ 8500 BP
Redmax CHT 2300 Hedge Trimmer
Redmax BCZ 2610 trimmer
Stihl BG 55
8 HP Push Blower

Solo Operation

My equipment and truck pics:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=283877
Old 11-09-2010, 02:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Really like your ads. Creative way of doing your flyers and to do the letter openers. Who did them if you dont mind me asking? Local company or like vistaprint?
It was from a company online...similar to VistaPrint...something like Logosurfing.com, but I'm not 100% sure who it was. They cost about $1.10-$1.25 each I believe.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
It was from a company online...similar to VistaPrint...something like Logosurfing.com, but I'm not 100% sure who it was. They cost about $1.10-$1.25 each I believe.
Oh ok. I think i am going to do something like that next year i will pm you when i am ready and can get the exact name. Because that looks like it came out great! the flyers are very eyecatching
6x12 Road King open trailer
Exmark Metro 48
Toro Proline 36 Belt Drive
Lawn Boy 21" commercial 2 stroke
Toro commercial 21"
Redmax EBZ 80001 BP
Redmax EBZ 8500 BP
Redmax CHT 2300 Hedge Trimmer
Redmax BCZ 2610 trimmer
Stihl BG 55
8 HP Push Blower

Solo Operation