Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-31-2011, 04:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcclumpha View Post
Pro Turf,

What is your opinion on Kubotas' line of ZD mowers? We have been operating with Kubota Zd's and we find they are a great machine' however, they are a bit expensive. I am thinking about looking at an Exmark diesel, slighly cheaper then a Kubota but just as good of a cut.

What are you using for edgers? Are you using powered machines or the good old fashioned edging shovel?
i will agree with you on the kubotas we have 4 ZD331's and they are built like a rock. One of our contracts is rough on all of our equipment and those kubotas hold up well. Our boss would rather pay the extra money on those than something cheaper cause there built so well
Old 01-31-2011, 06:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Pro Turf,

What is your opinion on Kubotas' line of ZD mowers? We have been operating with Kubota Zd's and we find they are a great machine' however, they are a bit expensive. I am thinking about looking at an Exmark diesel, slighly cheaper then a Kubota but just as good of a cut.

What are you using for edgers? Are you using powered machines or the good old fashioned edging shovel?
I run the Kubota ZG series, I absolutely love them. Three things about them that i love (all three are found on both the ZG and ZD series) 1.) Long lasting powerful Kubota engine,2.) pto driven blades (only one deck belt, no drive belts), 2.)and the hydro deck lift, simple pedal ,depress, and upcomes the deck. I love Kubotas!
Old 02-01-2011, 02:09 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Pro Turf,

I have no experience with the Kubota's. You dont see many of them around here. We have a big Kubota dealer in our area...I would expect them to be more popular. What do they run for an engine if you don't get the diesel? Is there a Kubota gas engine? What do the Kubota's run for bagging systems?

As far as edgers we use edging shovels. We've tried numerous edging machines over the years & find that we will often always go back & touch up the edges with a shovel after the machine has gone through. So for now it's just shovels & no machines for that.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:35 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR0 TURF View Post
I have no experience with the Kubota's. You dont see many of them around here. We have a big Kubota dealer in our area...I would expect them to be more popular. What do they run for an engine if you don't get the diesel? Is there a Kubota gas engine? What do the Kubota's run for bagging systems?

As far as edgers we use edging shovels. We've tried numerous edging machines over the years & find that we will often always go back & touch up the edges with a shovel after the machine has gone through. So for now it's just shovels & no machines for that.
Yes there is a gas engine. There are two different series. The ZG series is their gas motors and the ZD is their diesel. The ZG with a pro deck is aroun $7500 and it just goes up from there. The ZD's start around 10k and go up to about 16k. The bagging system for the ZG series that i run is $2,000 and some change.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:21 PM
LawnSite Member

I use to run zd326's. They were great on gas, had endless amounts of power in tall grass, and seemed to be bullet proof. The only downside to them was the weight I had tons of customers that complained about the tire tracks through the yards. The baggers we used were the pro terro systems, worked great and ran around $3k
Old 02-03-2011, 04:50 AM
LawnSite Member

Hey pro turf how do you like your A300 we are looking in to get one just wondering. One of our subs that plows for us has one and loves it and i love the way it works. I was just wondering how many hrs. you have on yours and if you have any major problems. Also are you going to the grows show in Boston this week we are going on Friday thanks man.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by a&jlandscaping View Post
Hey pro turf how do you like your A300 we are looking in to get one just wondering. One of our subs that plows for us has one and loves it and i love the way it works. I was just wondering how many hrs. you have on yours and if you have any major problems. Also are you going to the grows show in Boston this week we are going on Friday thanks man.
A&J...I love our A300! Such a great machine...the all wheel steer is so nice. You can drive right over the nicest of lawns with no worries. It really extends the tire life also. We currently have about 2700 hours on ours. We have only had to do one major repair & that was in November of 2010. We had to replace the control joysticks in the cab...that was about $2500. Besides that we have just done routine maintenance & have had nothing but great luck with it. I would buy another one in a heartbeat.

I'm gonna try to sneak to the grows show tomorrow early morning...but i'm not sure if it'll happen! Maybe i'll see ya there...
Old 02-06-2011, 07:31 PM
LawnSite Member

pro turf
wanted to get ur two cents on wich type of debris loader to buy, we are gonna purchase one this year for leaf cleanups and im wondering witch u have had experience with we have just been using the old tarp method for years no but as we keep gettin more leaf jobs it takes longer we also got a couple of parking lot cleaning jobs so to do each month not my favorite but came with the snow contract so ill take it but im stuck between billygoat, little wonder, and bearcat made by (echo) wondering sizes models etc. that would do us good we do about 100 or so of my costumers leaves each year and we are from oct to sometimes early dec gettin everything done and some of course want them done twice, but any input would help thanks !
Old 02-06-2011, 09:31 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR0 TURF View Post
A&J...I love our A300! Such a great machine...the all wheel steer is so nice. You can drive right over the nicest of lawns with no worries. It really extends the tire life also. We currently have about 2700 hours on ours. We have only had to do one major repair & that was in November of 2010. We had to replace the control joysticks in the cab...that was about $2500. Besides that we have just done routine maintenance & have had nothing but great luck with it. I would buy another one in a heartbeat.

I'm gonna try to sneak to the grows show tomorrow early morning...but i'm not sure if it'll happen! Maybe i'll see ya there...
My T250 is in need of new joysticks........painful.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CriderLawn09 View Post
pro turf
wanted to get ur two cents on wich type of debris loader to buy, we are gonna purchase one this year for leaf cleanups and im wondering witch u have had experience with we have just been using the old tarp method for years no but as we keep gettin more leaf jobs it takes longer we also got a couple of parking lot cleaning jobs so to do each month not my favorite but came with the snow contract so ill take it but im stuck between billygoat, little wonder, and bearcat made by (echo) wondering sizes models etc. that would do us good we do about 100 or so of my costumers leaves each year and we are from oct to sometimes early dec gettin everything done and some of course want them done twice, but any input would help thanks !
We don't use a leaf loader, we only use a skid steer & dump the leaves into our trucks. If I was to buy a loader I would say bigger is better...the more horsepower the better. Doing 100 fall cleanups with tarps must be pretty tough on you guys. Our guys would be out looking for new jobs if we did that to them!