Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-29-2008, 10:22 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazerfb View Post
chevy at 7months and 11 months. I know this isn't exactly a dog site but does anyone know what color my dog is? I've heard of Blue-brindle and brown brindle but he is basically blue brown brindle....if that is a color for a pit....maybe he's just rare...any comments? (pretty much the only thing pit related that i don't know about ha, so any other questions i can prob. ans)
He is brown brindle but there are blue brindle pits i had one, there more expensive.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:27 PM
LawnSite Member

i dont know...

[QUOTE=yeayea14;2666583]He is brown brindle but there are blue brindle pits i had one, there more expensive.[/QUOTE

You may be right. His dad was blue brindle and his mom was red-nosed and light brown. He doesn't look like your typical brown brindle tho, he has blue coloration as well. If I had to choose one or the other I would probably say that he is more of a brown brindle tho. Thanks for the help!
Old 12-29-2008, 12:33 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordLawnLandscape View Post
That color is really cool. The first pic color is just a lil 'bluer' if you will, than the second pic, on my comp. neways. the first pic the color looks like a Wieminriemers color. Very nice.

I posted pics of my white boxer in previous post on this thread, i see you have your dog a sweater. My boxers approx 85-90lbs i havent found any places to get sweaters for thick chested dogs ?? not around NW GA anyways ... ne help ??
I never found anything for Brutus, the 85 pound boxer mix, either. Chevy only weighs about 55 pounds and just barely makes the biggest size sweater I've seen which is like a 20-24" length. Good luck with the big boy, like i said i never found any for mine. My gf is always on the hunt for sweaters ha, that one is an U of Alabama sweater, not my fav.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazerfb View Post
I never found anything for Brutus, the 85 pound boxer mix, either. Chevy only weighs about 55 pounds and just barely makes the biggest size sweater I've seen which is like a 20-24" length. Good luck with the big boy, like i said i never found any for mine. My gf is always on the hunt for sweaters ha, that one is an U of Alabama sweater, not my fav.
Im sure someone somewhere makes sweaters for large breed dogs. Hey Bama had a great season ! Def. put a beat down on my UGA Dawgs
Old 12-29-2008, 08:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Here are my two. Sasha is the brindle pit bull, she is almost 4 years old and is a complete sweetheart. Flip is the fawn colored mix, he is almost 5 years old. He was found abandoned by a firefighter in Indianapolis when he was a puppy. I am not sure what all besides pit bull he is mixed with but he can jump higher than any dog I have ever seen. These are my two, couch-potatoes, aka guard dogs.
Attached Images

Old 12-29-2008, 09:23 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Hers mine..3Yrs old.
Attached Images

2004 Chevy C4500 W/12' Monroe Dump DURAMAX/ALLISON 105,000 Miles
2008 Royal Cargo 8.5'x18' Trailer

SCAG & ECHO POWER EQUIPMENT

"While your Strokin and Cummin.. I'll be takin your girl to the Max"
Old 12-29-2008, 11:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Im not a fan of pits but there some good looking ones in this thread. Im partial to Shepherds they will always be the only dog I own.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaLawnCare View Post
Im not a fan of pits but there some good looking ones in this thread. Im partial to Shepherds they will always be the only dog I own.
I dont have any problems with pitts. I had german shepherds growing up and I absolutely love them. They are by far my favorite breed. After I got my own house I for a short time had a young black lab that was kind of foisted on me. He bounced off the walls 24/7 and had separation anxiety real bad - the damn dog ate a hole into the middle of my wall then did it again in a different spot. I quickly found him a new home with semi retired folks that had another pup for him to play with. After the nightmare that was him I swore I would never get any other dog but a shepherd. Then of course a few years later I see Molly my pittbull mix and broke my promise to myself, but me and her make a good pair. I still want a shepherd real bad just because I love their personality. My parents just adopted a young blond shepherd they rescued. He and their older long haired shepherd make quite a pair. He is a complete sweet heart, and makes me want a shepherd even more. Of course it only lasts till its time to clean house then Im bitching about the fur being shed just from my one dog lol.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:04 AM
LawnSite Member

Indy both dogs are nice looking, i realy like the brindle
Old 12-30-2008, 12:05 AM
LawnSite Member

Duramax, you have one nice looking dog there.