Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 12-29-2008, 09:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigglePLC View Post
Two solutions: drive the Permagreen slower--thereby applying more compost tea per 1000 sqft. Half speed--you get double the output.
Or...get a bigger pump (of course you would want to replace all the hoses with bigger tubing to allow full flow--go to 3/8ths inside diameter. ) Plus use bigger nozzles or same nozzles just use two (or three). Put an extra tank in the hopper. Open the rate gate to full open and pass the hose through the bottom of the hopper.

Third suggestion: invent a way to remove the water from CT, so as dry product--you could use it in a spreader.
There's a product like that now, but it's pretty expensive. They were called Bio-Granules, but the companies founders keep fighting. I'll try and get a web page tomorrow.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:22 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NattyLawn View Post
Interesting....I'd like to look at the tea through the scope before and after it comes out of the PG. What does the rest of the program look like? Are they organic? Bridge? Synthetic? 2 gallons per minute isn't much, and no one has touched the biology getting strained out part I mentioned above.

The time it takes to apply the tea and refill, I could have pulled hose and been done. That's applying at 4 gallons per minute with doing a little more work. And Bill, while I respect your product, it's not compost tea. A lot of guys that are possible product buyers from you use the PG's a lot, so you have some vested interest in saying it works. It might be best to get some info from these guys.
It is actually (a Tea), and we can tell you exactly what you are putting down on sites. It is meant for transition sites and transition companies, you have been through the learning curve, others have not. The product fills a niche that allows companies to expand their business model and have good to great results.

Like it or not, if you have 2000 to 8000 customers it is impossible to brew teas and be productive and profitable. period

I am not saying that brewing or extracting is not a great product, in fact I encourage it. Large customer base, it is impossible to BREW teas

Last edited by ICT Bill; 12-29-2008 at 11:30 PM.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:54 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICT Bill View Post
Like it or not, if you have 2000 to 8000 customers it is impossible to brew teas and be productive and profitable. period

I am not saying that brewing or extracting is not a great product, in fact I encourage it. Large customer base, it is impossible to BREW teas
I was going to say what about Todd Harrington but then I realised you emphasized Brew, and he uses mostly extract, but does have that number of clients.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:02 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prolawnservice View Post
I was going to say what about Todd Harrington but then I realised you emphasized Brew, and he uses mostly extract, but does have that number of clients.
Bill never really answers questions, he justifies his products and who he's trying to sell them to. I wasn't bashing his product. His product may be a tea, but not an AACT. It's not impossible to brew teas, but if people want to use PG's, I think we both know it's not going to work. Brewing and extracting were mentioned by Bill. You can make 500-1000 gallons of extract per hour with basic equipment. How is that not feasible?
Old 12-30-2008, 09:25 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

honestly, NCT and AACT is all about the "ACTIVE" biology,as well as the"BROAD" diversity of dormant spores and metabolites/nutrients you are putting down.

a product that contains "few" dormant spores with questionable viability and does not come from COMPOST should not be called CT in any regard.

to say a company can not brew or extract a CT with thousands of costumers is bull!

that angle might work if "your" the company selling the few bottled spores, but the truth
remains, it can be done, to say it can't is nothing more then a excuse and a sales ploy.

are we just supposed to take your word for these results when time again you have proven to be full of it? we are still waiting for third party testing reports from anybody at this point,
Old 12-30-2008, 10:55 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I dont want to get started again , but I have gone over the numbers and said this before, 3000 customers at 1/4 acre, thats 750 acres at 40 $ per acre with bills tea, how can you afford not to brew your own tea..............

dang for 30,000 $ you can put together a really nice brewer,

that will brew 5000 gallons of tea at a time, and get some one to make the tea for you naked.

8 months of tea for 240,000$$$$ OMG

yep I got started.........
Old 12-30-2008, 11:02 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

and unless you are going to change pumps and tanks and all on the PG it is maybe better to drag a hose...... how do you spray trees and shrubs with a PG????

use it to drag the hose.JK LOLOL
Old 12-30-2008, 11:08 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
to say a company can not brew or extract a CT with thousands of costumers is bull!
Name one company, it certainly isn't yours

Quote:
that angle might work if "your" the company selling the few bottled spores, but the truth
remains, it can be done, to say it can't is nothing more then a excuse and a sales ploy.
You ask for information and we comply, you know what they say about opinions, everyone has one.
We stand by our product line, it is a great alternative to brewing and extracting with great to excellent results. The profile of our prduct is much like extraction, dormant and spore form beneficials

We keep coming to the same place, you have never tried our product line and have no experience to compare it to, period. you keep saying "it doesn't do this and it isn't that" with no experience how can you possibly be critical

Quote:
we are still waiting for third party testing reports from anybody at this point,
what type of testing would you like SFI ? SFI testing shows that at our recommended dilution ratio our product is much stronger than most "brewed" teas at full strength not diluted. does your compost tea have 12 endo and 4 different ecto species in it? does it have Azotobacter, a free ranging nitrogen fixer. are you applying at roughly 1,000,000 microbes per sq ft

Please tell me which microorganisms are in your tea product, you can't. You say they are good, prove it. We can
Old 12-30-2008, 11:43 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
We keep coming to the same place, you have never tried our product line and have no experience to compare it to, period. you keep saying "it doesn't do this and it isn't that" with no experience how can you possibly be critical
sorry just cant afford to do it. I have never said it does not work my only thing is $ to the gallon..........
Old 12-30-2008, 12:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICT Bill View Post
Name one company, it certainly isn't yours

no, i don't have that many costumers yet, you know i just started this year, but how ever many i do get, i will put the things/methods in place to deliver it, and ill say too that most of the company's out there are under 500 clients

You ask for information and we comply, you know what they say about opinions, everyone has one.
We stand by our product line, it is a great alternative to brewing and extracting with great to excellent results. The profile of our prduct is much like extraction, dormant and spore form beneficials

you NEVER NEVER NEVER comply, you never answer anybodies questions, you always divert some how the attention else where, i know YOU stand by your product, it's your income at stake, much like and extraction you say, then why do you call it compost tea when it's not made from it? with both know? to sell units.....great results you say?? ive only heard the opposite from people who have fallen for your sells pitch,

it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what your product's value is? maybe for some, but not for me and others who understand? maybe your product is good for killing things in sick soils? but thats about it maybe? but i doubt it would even help there? the truth is your a sales man, you bottle a few known patented bacterial spores that have usefulness as assassins for disease and sell them as they can do every thing, we both know your about filling niche markets? to pro's who haven't done the research on their own? right? hey if other people who do have a clue want to use your product with their other biology inputs, thats on them, i would say to them how can you tell if there's benefit from adding your product?
there's other cheaper ways to add myco then your product, but again im not sure your product's biology is even viable, surface apply-ed myco? i would think most spores will be parasited or and germinate before they find
a host

what type of testing would you like SFI ? SFI testing shows that at our recommended dilution ratio our product is much stronger than most "brewed" teas at full strength not diluted. does your compost tea have 12 endo and 4 different ecto species in it? does it have Azotobacter, a free ranging nitrogen fixer. are you applying at roughly 1,000,000 microbes per sq ft

that would be a start!!! post it , i know if i was selling a product that would be something i would what to show people unless it said other wise??? my compost tea has myco when i add it, why do you think your saying something by comparing my REAL tea to your product from the fact of having myco? and i would say too that im shore mine has indigenous myco from the local soils i use in my tea's, does YOURS have indigenous myco
for your costumers region? WOW!!!! a million you say, get a grip, your going to compare REAL tea #"s to yours at one million per sf? LOL, no my tea and others who make real tea probably have billions per square inch

Please tell me which microorganisms are in your tea product, you can't. You say they are good, prove it. We can
first off i can't count that high LOL second you are going to say that since your known numbers of assassins is better then a REAL CT cause you know the names of a few,LOL<LOL<LOL you crack me up! you dame well know only a small amount are known and named, im not the one trying to sell product so i don't need to name each of the millions and billions of bugs in my TEA"S, what proves my works is results i get,
do you know what results are???