Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-08-2009, 05:15 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

my only thing is in my market its not going to work for me, other markets maybe.... not for me to find out..............
Old 02-08-2009, 05:36 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by treegal1 View Post
my only thing is in my market its not going to work for me, other markets maybe.... not for me to find out..............
Well, that's fine. There are many differences in markets throughout the country. Remember, diversity rules.

Tree, what you have accomplished is awesome. You & your hubby have been able to cut your costs by recycling wastes and still provide great results for your clients while reducing the environmental impact. You provide a model many can learn from.

The thing is when people take a confrontational approach, their message is only understood by those who believe it in the first place. Those who don't agree, feel threatened and attacked, so they fight back. The (sh*t, I hate to use this term) Silent Majority listen to the fighting for a bit, but rapidly grow tired of the nonsense & tune it out. We end up with a society that is polarized and alienated. Nothing is accomplished.

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 02-08-2009, 05:43 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

while i don't want my message lost, I would rather be feared for what i am then loved for what i am not........
Old 02-08-2009, 05:47 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by treegal1 View Post
while i don't want my message lost, I would rather be feared for what i am then loved for what i am not........
I think what I'm saying is that your message is important and it can be presented in a different way that allows more people to understand it.

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 02-08-2009, 06:04 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

how so, I post the pic's, I take the calls, PMs, do what I can when I can. my message is simple I am a tea girl 100% real home brewed AACT. I dont say bills is bad, I think I have said its the best "JAR TEA" just on the #s on the label, he and epomia must be trying to get each other.LOLOL

the only time he has got my Irish up is with the "it cant be done on a large scale" thing. we still friends but on that one thing thats the boiling point, after that even bill has said its just a side road to the freeway of happiness. the cost per acre thing for most start-ups does not matter just get that client base up and yes get some ICT and go for it, work it into the bridge and yes some "bridge" N is needed. I say this and most 1st 2nd or 3rd year lawns will need some " lawn crack" to get through these times, unless they are really committed and have the top shelf compost to get it done. its a hard road to go, long hours big labor and fuel use, and has limitations to how your arrangements can be set up and the space it takes.

and as far as diversity I got some one thats going to be calling soon just to add some different herd to his mix........
Old 02-08-2009, 06:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Tree-I agree that you have to stand for what you believe in, but I also think that it makes sense to out smart your opponent. There are so many people out there that just don't think the organic way has any merit or will produce the results that they demand. For me, the small amount of organic work that I have done has been through an educational path. By that I mean I had to first overcome the objections as to "why do you need to take that extra step of tilling and composting those beds before you plant them, its an extra $1000?"

Once I gently educated them, and then brought them to other jobs that were less than a year old and the plants looked mature (herbacious plants), they realized that their 5 year old peonies were struggling in comparison.

I personally like your direct approach, but I am already on board, and was when I started posting here a week ago. For those that may just be browsing, and checking into the organic world, the tough guy(gal) approach would definitely be a turnoff.

So, don't change who you are or what you stand for....PLEASE. I know that I will benefit immensely from your knowledge, but maybe we all could come up with a way to get more people on board....a little organic evangelism if you will. As long as we show a unified front, with healthy respectful discussion.
Old 02-08-2009, 06:33 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

yeah, I try and say it is indeed regretful, instead of aw Sh*t
Old 02-08-2009, 06:39 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

back on topic, PG, maybe one day, something custom. but for now, other than to drag a hose, how about a water can on wheels, say 40 gallons and a drip system. I say this because I saw a old water barrel for planting in a news clip for my tractor.........old new ways ??
Old 02-08-2009, 06:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

How bout these, here is a pic of treegal test driving mine
http://www.wheelspray.com/#a4
Attached Images

Old 02-08-2009, 06:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

jk................................... lol