Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-31-2014, 07:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Jim Bob's Lawn Care Equipment and Operations

Starting a new lawn care business in the spring of 2015. I will post new pictures as I have them.
Old 12-31-2014, 08:18 PM
LawnSite Member

New Trailer

I picked up our new trailer on Monday from Trailer Country in Fitzgerald, GA. It is a new 2015 8.5' x 20' Freedom Trailer.

I was going to attach a couple of pictures, but the "Attach File" and "Upload" buttons are not there. There is a "Manage Attachments" button that I have clicked on and browsed to the appropriate files; but there is not an upload option in that window either. The directions seem pretty straightforward, so I must be missing something.

Jim Bob
Old 12-31-2014, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

You should be able to click "manage attachments", then "browse", select your files then scroll to the right, there should be a button that says "upload".

If not, you can try photobucket.

IMPEACH BARRY SOETORO

Old 01-01-2015, 01:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Pictures of New Trailer

Thanks to Gallihergreen, I think I have figured out how to upload pictures (I didn't expand the window on my computer and could not see the upload button.

The first picture is at a gas station in Indiana where we filled up at $1.68 9/10 per gallon. The low gas prices really helped to save some money on the trip since we averaged 9 miles to the gallon pulling the trailer! The Dodge belongs to a friend of mine who offered to go with me and tow the trailer back for expenses. It is a very nice truck; to nice to be used as a daily work truck. The rest of the photos are the outside of the trailer taken with my cell phone.

I need to decide if I want to paint the interior. Pictures I have seen on this sight make the interiors look very clean, but the cold weather here does not lend itself to painting. Next, I need to determine the layout and storage needs. I need to order trimmer racks, figure out how to stow gas cans, blowers, hand tools, spare parts and so forth.

Comments, suggestions and feedback are always welcome.
Attached Images

Old 01-01-2015, 02:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBob_IA View Post
Thanks to Gallihergreen, I think I have figured out how to upload pictures (I didn't expand the window on my computer and could not see the upload button.

The first picture is at a gas station in Indiana where we filled up at $1.68 9/10 per gallon. The low gas prices really helped to save some money on the trip since we averaged 9 miles to the gallon pulling the trailer! The Dodge belongs to a friend of mine who offered to go with me and tow the trailer back for expenses. It is a very nice truck; to nice to be used as a daily work truck. The rest of the photos are the outside of the trailer taken with my cell phone.

I need to decide if I want to paint the interior. Pictures I have seen on this sight make the interiors look very clean, but the cold weather here does not lend itself to painting. Next, I need to determine the layout and storage needs. I need to order trimmer racks, figure out how to stow gas cans, blowers, hand tools, spare parts and so forth.
Hey Man...

To start, trailer looks great! I'm hoping to purchase similar in the next couple years. I cannot for the life of me remember who's post it was, but somebody on a thread I was on kept his equipment in the trailer, as well as built a desk, storage and had a chair towards the front of the trailer, and it looked great. He didn't paint the interior, and your right about the cold weather, I wouldn't risk it. First thing I will be doing when I purchase mine (who knows when that'll be though) is installing overhead interior lights, a desk and of course company decals on 3 sides. Anyways, looks great!

New England
Old 01-01-2015, 04:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Awesome trailer! Can you give us a little background? Must be nice to be able to afford that for a start up company!! Congrats man.
Exmark Vantage 48
Exmark Turf Tracer 48
Exmark Turf Tracer 36
Stihl Handhelds
Old 01-01-2015, 07:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Awesome!!! The trailer and truck are super nice looking. Tell us about yourself please!

How many clients do you have already?
How long have you wanted to do this?
Which machines are you going to use?
Going to plow snow as well?

sorry, just wanting some basics
Old 01-01-2015, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Get some pics up of your personal truck and your other gear! Trailer looks great, I'm jealous, and looking for one very similar to yours. Good luck this year!
Integrated Erosion Control and Storm Management

And I'm 18...
Old 01-03-2015, 06:42 PM
LawnSite Member

A Little Background

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLC Lawn Care View Post
Awesome trailer! Can you give us a little background? Must be nice to be able to afford that for a start up company!! Congrats man.
JLC and Burtle:

A little background can be found here:

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=434624

Perhaps it is possible to post in more than one thread; I am still learning how to work in this site.

James
Old 01-03-2015, 06:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Mower Pictures

I wanted to get equipment moved today before the snowstorm bearing down on the Midwest hits tonight. I snapped a picture on the Trim Star and SCAG Turf Tiger that I purchased a few weeks ago. Sorry I took the pictures with the cell phone and are not as good as I would like.

I will post more pictures of the trailer after I get it lettered.

James
Attached Images