Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-30-2009, 08:48 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondragon Lawn Serv View Post
yeah that was me. we were getting lunch. I know it's early but we're use to eating early it seems to help us out better rather then waiting till 1. my borthers were getting KFC. mean boy you got to slow down your driving through parking lots. you're just damaging everything faster. did you have many to do? we ended up doing 23 plus two large commercial sites Take your time driving, ofcourse don't be grandma either. LOL
Haha we were heading to eat lunch. Thats why I was driving so fast lol. We were hungry as hell. We went to Los Generales. The best mexican food thats just as cheap as taqerias. We did two offices and about 9 houses. We were done at 2:30 which was a nice change.
Lesco application equipment

Having employees that enjoy what they are doing and care about quality is what makes happy customers.
Old 05-31-2009, 01:44 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPPER MAN View Post
Haha we were heading to eat lunch. Thats why I was driving so fast lol. We were hungry as hell. We went to Los Generales. The best mexican food thats just as cheap as taqerias. We did two offices and about 9 houses. We were done at 2:30 which was a nice change.
lucky you, we were not finish till like 6:30 got home tired. This whole week was a pain since work fell behind bc of memorial day. Then we had a 3 day tree job which should have been 2 . Again memorial day was a thorn on us if not we would of been done earlier.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-10-2009, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

here are some pics from some tree work from today. will have some landscaping remodeling tomorrow but here are the tree work
Attached Images

Old 06-10-2009, 11:14 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Looks great man. Is it just me or am I seeing a bunch or new guys starting to do this in our area? The other day I saw two white guys (rarely seen here) mowing a HOA. They had a tundra, brand new trailer, brand new cheap ztr, and a brand new cheap wb. The guy on the wb looked like he had no clue wtf he was doing. People like this make me laugh because you know they probably arn't going to last throughout the summer. Also how does your trailer treat you? How many yards of mulch can you get on it? I'm looking at getting one pretty similar to yours.

Having employees that enjoy what they are doing and care about quality is what makes happy customers.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Looks great man. Is it just me or am I seeing a bunch or new guys starting to do this in our area? The other day I saw two white guys (rarely seen here) mowing a HOA. They had a tundra, brand new trailer, brand new cheap ztr, and a brand new cheap wb. The guy on the wb looked like he had no clue wtf he was doing. People like this make me laugh because you know they probably arn't going to last throughout the summer. Also how does your trailer treat you? How many yards of mulch can you get on it? I'm looking at getting one pretty similar to yours.

Yeah I've been seeing more and more people trying to do this job but give them the hot humid summer here in houston and they'll be eliminated. many are getting in cuz they think a mexican can do it why cain't i? but they don't know the hard work and don't know the price of equipment and running a smooth operation. It's been treating me fine i got a great deal at the time, thank god for that, they had robbed us for our landscape trailer and we bought it used from a guy around kingwood. paid $2000 but the guy only had it for six moths since he had bought it. Just get a regular landscape door not equipment ramps cuz they get heavy as the day goes off. but we kept the heavy equip ramps cuz we plan on using it for heavy equipment in the future as well. the trailer holds 12 yds of mulch for us and still has strength to hold another 3 or four but it doesn't have space. get some mesh built up like 2 feet or so on the side, like the one you currently have on your newer trailer that way you do have space on it to take what ever.
the trailer is a heavy duty pipe top with the 7,000 lbs axles, go with the heavy duty ones you never know when you'll need it. you won't regret getting the extra power on it. you might end up hauling it with the toyota cuz our f-150 really struggles with it, our f-250 is fine with it though. i suggest you going to THE TRAILER MAN he has the cheapest prices and can easily custom make you any trailer in any way you want. they might not be as shiny but you don't need all those clear coats of paint since they still come off, his trailers are very well built we do all of our tree service hauling with it and has never failed us, very strong built trailers and very cheap compare to the rest around town all they care is about being flashy and shinney. go with them and you'll save lots of money. i personally don't like the trailer boxes they put on trailers they damage our blowers and trimmers to easily. we're going to be getting blower racks four our blowers and a trimmer rack as well and plus it will look better and different from the rest driving around town. another thing you might want to get a 20 footer because it will not be much in price difference plus the extra space you'll get.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Landscape redo for the day

Here some pics of a landscape we fixed or re did. we trimmed the hedges added mulch and added some moss rock wish we could of done a retaining wall but money was tight for the customer but i think it came out great for what we had deal with.
here are the before ones: and afters will be in the next post
Attached Images

Old 06-11-2009, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

here are the afters: what does everyone think about them
Attached Images

Old 06-11-2009, 10:30 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I know trailer man is cheap but his quality just doesn't look like its there. You know he uses used axles to make them so cheap?? Also he don't paint underneath so it rust faster? I'm going to be buying from Trailer Connection. They got high quality trailers. I want to buy something that will last for years to come. They got a trailer I'm thinking about getting. It's a 16ft. landscape trailer with 4ft. sides, side gate, weedeater rack, and cage, with the 5200lb axles. Thats the best of both worlds right there.

Old 06-11-2009, 11:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
I know trailer man is cheap but his quality just doesn't look like its there. You know he uses used axles to make them so cheap?? Also he don't paint underneath so it rust faster? I'm going to be buying from Trailer Connection. They got high quality trailers. I want to buy something that will last for years to come. They got a trailer I'm thinking about getting. It's a 16ft. landscape trailer with 4ft. sides, side gate, weedeater rack, and cage, with the 5200lb axles. Thats the best of both worlds right there.
sorry to hear that you think he uses used axles, i personally went to where he makes his trailers, and those axles were brand new still in their boxed in their crates. I personally sent out our trailer to get a sand blast at the bottom and get painted, which came out better then any dealers paint ever will so to me that's not a factor. personally the guy at trailer connection is not the nicest person and thinks he knows everything of trailers but all he does is read a brochure and just tells us the information he doesn't talk personally or personal. all he does is buy trailers from trailmasters and sells them. not saying the trailmaster trailers are not good cuz they are, but i don't need extra glossy paint when all it will do is come right off and cost just as much to replace it exactly the same. the paint the trailer man uses has worked for us with limbs and trunks hitting the pipetops and sides there's been hardly any paint coming off. another buddy of ours bought a trailer from trailer connection and the axles broke on him with just a wb on it in less then two weeks and he (tailer connection dealer) didn't want to deal with it one bit. he didn't even call where he gets his trailers for warranty work. he made it seem as if he never bought the trailer from him. careful with him if i were you but maybe he's nicer with you.
oh and why go shorter you need to go bigger a 16 footer won't do you good, well atleast in my opinion. it all depends on what you're trying to carry with you when going to sites.
hows business with you.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i do like the side gate option though, our next trailer will have one for sure. Tool trailer box i'mnot a fan of it's not as easy to take out your equipment from those boxes, well they've never been user friendly for me, as in the trouble going into opening it and taking out your equipment from it.
oh i almost forgot the good news the cops found the trailer that was stollen i should be having it back soon, that one is a16 footer landscape body with the 4' sides and 5 foot gate and trailer box so you'll probably br seeing two crews in the weekends now
who knows in what shape it is cuz landscapers here do not take care of trailers