Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-12-2009, 12:32 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Ya its weird but the guy at trailer connection is really nice to me and wants to work with me. I'm still thinking about just getting a 18' pipetop like yours.

Thats awesome that they found it. Took them long enough lol. That trailer is probably better for mowing.
Lesco application equipment

Having employees that enjoy what they are doing and care about quality is what makes happy customers.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:44 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPPER MAN View Post
Ya its weird but the guy at trailer connection is really nice to me and wants to work with me. I'm still thinking about just getting a 18' pipetop like yours.

Thats awesome that they found it. Took them long enough lol. That trailer is probably better for mowing.
i hope he does work with you and it all goes well with you. a way that i look at it you want your equipment to look nice so show it off to potential customers. they'll see you got the right equipment. for me the way it works is that the trailer will be used for many things so get one that will be able to do that. if you don't do much heavy work then one with 5500 lbs axles will be fine but for us we use it alot for heavy work, for instance this weekend we're putting a whole bunch of pine tree trunks and it will handle great like always. just make a decision that wont take you back to the same that you have right now, selling the trailer you got from trailer connection, since it wasn't the right one. you need a bigger one that's for sure, since the one you have is too small or inssuficient. get it custom made if you even have too to please you. don't let it to where you're in the same position again.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:46 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

our pipetop has been great for us even though we kind of just bought it because of we had our other one robbed but my dad has always wanted one before so it was the perfect opportunity. like my dad says you never have to much power(in this case heavier lifting axles)
Old 06-12-2009, 12:51 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

When you put mulch on your pipetop trailer do you just put a tarp over top? Because I cant see how you get 12 yards on it without sides.

Having employees that enjoy what they are doing and care about quality is what makes happy customers.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:58 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
When you put mulch on your pipetop trailer do you just put a tarp over top? Because I cant see how you get 12 yards on it without sides.
i have sides that i made out of 3/4" treated plywood (painted black) to make them look nice and good and not crappy like you see around town. and i have 2x4 as for full side support so that they won't break. they come off easily and put on quickly as well so i really solved that problem easily and cheaply.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:14 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondragon Lawn Serv View Post
i have sides that i made out of 3/4" treated plywood (painted black) to make them look nice and good and not crappy like you see around town. and i have 2x4 as for full side support so that they won't break. they come off easily and put on quickly as well so i really solved that problem easily and cheaply.
Oh then thats what I will do then also. You basically put the 2x4's in the stake pockets and your set??

Old 06-15-2009, 04:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Oh then thats what I will do then also. You basically put the 2x4's in the stake pockets and your set??
yeah that's correct it has worked for us fine with no problem. they come on and off quickly
Old 06-15-2009, 05:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

here's a tree job we did this weekend hope you like the pics
the first one's are not so good since it was it multi shot so that i could get the action and plus i use my phone for my pictures it's a good camera phone since its a 5 megapixle camera but enjoy the first batch
Attached Images

Old 06-15-2009, 05:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

here are more
Attached Images

Old 06-15-2009, 05:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

and here are our trucks with the trailers, f-350 with a 20 ft trailer has 7,500 lbs axles and the f-250 with the 18 ft trailer with 7,000 lbs axles. we had an f-150 that i did not take pictures of that had a 6x12 trailer with just one 3,500 lbs axle, we were able to put all the limbs from all three pine trees on the small trailer. we put most of the stumps on the white f-350 that's why the f-250 doesn't have much weight on it
Attached Images