Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-20-2013, 07:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRi24 View Post
You're right about that! If it helps any, I have been very pleased with my Wright I'll be going into the 3rd season with it now and I have nothing bad to say about it.
ok thanks a lot for the input, I think most mowers are great like I said before each one has it's benefits and downfalls we get the ones that are most beneficial for what we need.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandFakers View Post
Finally made my way throught the whole thread. Everything looks really nice! Keep it up
thanks a lot we've worked hard to get where we currently are at. It's not easy nut it's possible for anyone to succeed, it just depends how much more you want it more the the next person.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Small update, we've been busy really well so far lots of work to be done yesterday (Saturday) we did 20 pallets of sod and tree work(8 trees) all within a block from each other so it was a good thing. total of nine guys working finished everything so it was a god day. Lot's of new installs with our builders and we're getting alot of new install for existing homeowners. We usually don't do irrigation installation on older homes just bc of the difficulty dealing with roots so hence our prices are way higher. A good thing is that they've seen your work with friends and it's more assuring for them that it will be done properly instead of them looking for one on their own. Guess we'll be doing more of these kinds now that i actually ventured into that market.

Some random pics and I'll see if i can put a pic of the tree take downs.
We got a cheap deal on the dump truck it's not much but it's definitely better than nothing we had the chipper and the two trucks with our trailers to take the logs. Another is the home where the retention wall was installed it's in our list of upcoming projects. Like i said lots of neat things going but even more hard work going in. School and work is not something to play with can't wait to be done with schoo in may
Attached Images

Old 03-24-2013, 07:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

oh i forgot my boss man little cousin he tells me what to do....... seriously he does and no he's not in danger guys he comes when food is brought to feed the guys. We are cautious and wouldn't put anyone in danger, I know I've gotten a few comments on him here and am thankful for their concern on here, jsut shows that y'all really care which is great to see now a days
Old 03-25-2013, 12:24 AM
LawnSite Member

Can't remember if I read it correctly or not, but did I see something about being in college for Engineering? If so, how do you balance this and having a business this big? I am 18 and am in my first semester of college and doing this on the side, its not impossible, but with engineering it would sound next to impossible for me at least.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan's Lawn Care View Post
Can't remember if I read it correctly or not, but did I see something about being in college for Engineering? If so, how do you balance this and having a business this big? I am 18 and am in my first semester of college and doing this on the side, its not impossible, but with engineering it would sound next to impossible for me at least.
now that's a great question and to be honest I have no idea. It really helps that i manage it mainly and have my dad out on the field. I have good family members who are our workers and it's really hared to not trust family with us. It's definitely been a lot of long nights especially with school but even work as well. I do all the quotes and meetings and designs and it's been a learning curve. I did not initialy take full course loads in the initial semesters but my last three i just decided to be done with school and took a full course load and our business has been growing at the same time as well,
Like you said it's not impossible it just takes lots of work to get everything done. I come exhausted form work and head out to school and get drained mentally as well and there's days that you just want to quit. I once heard that you want to want it as bad as you need to breath and make it second nature. Just know that hard work is all it takes.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

new work

first is a current home we're working on as we speak if I'm not mistaken it should be fully irrigated by today. The second pic is a new builder we picked up hopefully we have a long relationship into the future we really need the work to keep two crews working full time.
Attached Images

Old 03-28-2013, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Is that yalls single cab long bed 2500?
Old 03-28-2013, 11:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

How are you getting hooked up with all of these builders?
Old 03-29-2013, 12:58 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahb195 View Post
Is that yalls single cab long bed 2500?
Yes it's one our trucks as well and it's been a great truck so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikegyver View Post
How are you getting hooked up with all of these builders?
Most are recommendations, we met one builder and we started with light work like the maintenance and tree work and than we continued with asking for more work until he gave us all the work he could gave us.

He's recommended us to other customers and builders, when you have a great relationship with your customers they will not hesitate to recommend you to others