Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-11-2009, 09:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnsac View Post
Gas is falling, are all of your prices going to follow suit this season? If not, then something is wrong.
I never raised any prices due to gas last year, so I don't need to lower. Quit lowballing and cut them for what they are worth. If everyone lowers their prices due to the economy, we will all be looking for jobs!

2001 GMC 2500HD Crew Cab
2009 New Holland L170 Skid Steer
2010 Dixie Chopper Silver Eagle 2760HP
16' Homesteader Enclosed Trailer
18' Quality Built Equipment Trailer
Stihl Handhelds
Old 01-20-2009, 01:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

High quality lawn care at a low quality price

??? What do you think?

3+ years going strong.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:17 PM
LawnSite Member

The first one you had seems to be fine, for your market approach.

I'm like others, really think that you are setting yourself up for a fall. I know personally, if I got a flyer/hanger like this, I wouldn't even bother calling you.

If the public thinks that you are simply 'cheap', they are probably going to think that your service is also. Also set's you up for EVERYONE asking for a lower price than what you quote.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

well here it is, this will be what I throw onto peoples drive ways. The first page is the front and the second page is the back. Let me know what ya'll fellars think.

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: doc flyerlawnsite.doc (191.5 KB, 39 views)

3+ years going strong.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I don't use a slogan. Some people swear by them but it just isn't for me.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Flyer looks nice, good layout but may be a bit busy. Are you going to cut a std 8 1/2 x 11 into four pieces and hand those out? Putting such a small flyer out, makes it pretty each to get put in the round file.

The other comment that I would make is this:

If someone came up to me and asked me right now, I'd have no idea if my lot was 12,000, 15,000 sq ft or larger. Seems that most would not. Suggest that you revise to describe the lot size (100 x 60, 80 x 80, etc.).

I really don't think that your 'Highest Quality - Lowest Price' stands out or is central, with as much other information that is there. So the 'Lowest Price' concerns, probably aren't as large as I once thought.

Best of luck with it, and would be very interested in the 'results'.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhastrello View Post
Flyer looks nice, good layout but may be a bit busy. Are you going to cut a std 8 1/2 x 11 into four pieces and hand those out? Putting such a small flyer out, makes it pretty each to get put in the round file.

If someone came up to me and asked me right now, I'd have no idea if my lot was 12,000, 15,000 sq ft or larger. Seems that most would not. Suggest that you revise to describe the lot size (100 x 60, 80 x 80, etc.).

I really don't think that your 'Highest Quality - Lowest Price' stands out or is central, with as much other information that is there. So the 'Lowest Price' concerns, probably aren't as large as I once thought.

For this reason is why I don't use the sq ft. thing. I prefer to use lot size of
.14, .43, .75 etc. Feel most can relate with that or the whole 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 acre rule.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:12 PM
LawnSite Member

My slogan is: The grass is always greener on YOUR side of the fence
Old 01-20-2009, 08:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'm not a slogan guy, myself. I like the idea that you're going for, but I don't love mentioning low prices in ads as you might attract a lot of cheap, pain in the as* customers. Not bashing...just my opinion. Hope it helps.
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Old 01-20-2009, 08:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhastrello View Post

Thanks for the suggestions. The way I am going to be advertising this flier will be through a 'newspaper delivery' style. My approach is going to be with a clear ziplock bag, some pea gravel, and a brightly colored flier. I will then throw them out through the window of my pickup and do it early on a Saturday or Sunday morning. Hopefully attracting as much attention as possible.

I am going to make sure I add a line in there where it reads 'If you are unsure of your lot size, please call and we will look it up for you' It is only a matter of looking on the assessors website after that, because it has every lot size in the county we are advertising.

Thanks for the opinions though, please keep them coming. With these hard times, I believe that we can all prosper from one another. Thanks again.

3+ years going strong.