Register free!


Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #51  
Old 02-20-2009, 08:59 AM
NightScenes's Avatar
NightScenes NightScenes is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kingsland, Texas
Posts: 2,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGLIGHTING View Post
"The AOLP is totally a volunteer organization and being a contractor I can tell you that they as a group are not jumping over fences to volunteer, it always seems to be what can the organization do for me, not how can I help the organization grow or carry out its mission. So, having put so much time and effort into this organization I don't take it lightly when members and non members who are not involved in the association sit back and make false and misleading statements about things that they have little knowledge of. "

It's very unfortunate that you choose to dismiss the facts as false and misleading statements instead of acknowledging that there are problems and you are working hard to improve them. That would be your first step in the right direction. How about these for false and misleading.

Tell me when anything I say here is false. You guys reading this please tell me how this is for treatment of a contractor member. I'm only going to get into two specific slights here there were more but I will cover only two here.

I was the first winner ever of your awards of distinction program. The first year the association was in existence. In fact I won all three categories there was no one else who shared any of the honors that year.

Tell me on your website or anywhere in your public promotional or archival material where that is mentioned or even acknowledged?

All other years are documented yet nothing exists from year one as if it never happened. You know it's true. The association got plenty of mileage by using my winning photos all over your website (until last spring), on your promotional materials, etc. All without ever giving Mike Gambino 1 iota of credit.

I also have the plaque to prove it which took 9 months and 5 phone calls to receive.


Now hear this. I was told my packet was never received by the judges 3 days before judging of this contest while I was still in Ca. I had to scramble around , go out to 3 clients and get their signatures once again at the last minute. Put all the photos together and fill out all the forms again and then Fed exed to Florida the day before I left on my plane trip there just so I wouldn't have been disqualified.

Then I'm told that the judges (told to me by a bd member at the time), who were not suppose to know whose photos they were judging, did everything in their power to try and give the other 2 awards to others whose projects were clearly and far inferior. Two days of wrangling and then they got the bd involved to strategize how they were going to pull this off. Finally they realized it was not going to work since the winning photos were to be shown on the screen the last night of the conference. So instead of rightfully awarding me all three categories they decided to deny me and turn around and say oh we are only giving 1 award this year. meanwhile I paid for three categories , was never offered a refund for the two, and went through hell to get that entry in when I was told that they mysteriously never received my original entry packet. yeah right!

And all of this why? because I used an upstart manufacturers product that was sold direct to me not through a distributor and certain member manufacturers and distributors were very much bent out of shape because they didn't approve of how this upstart company went to market.

For several years I e-mailed the association and asked them to please stop using my work without giving me credit for the photos and never acknowledging my victory on their website. All I asked for was the proper credit and they would have my permission to you the photos. I was told that they didn't need my permission and they kept on using them. I even personally spoke to you Mr. president at last years conference regarding this and you treated me with indifference and did not do the right thing. So very nice .

Needless to say my first tenure lasted 2 years and after such treatment I never renewed.

For several years I was asked by a few friends who stayed with the association to come back things had changed.

Last year I rejoined and went to the conference. I had good intentions. I wanted to get involved and let by gones be by gones and start fresh. I offered to work on the website. At least one bd. member made it clear that he had reservations about my being in control of the website. He had the nerve to say that I was going to use it as my own personal vehicle for my own benefit and self promotion. Ok Fine. I'm out if you feel that way then take care of the site yourself.

There is much more that happened after this but there is no use going into it. My point has been made.

Please don't insult me or anyone else and ever say again that I've made false and misleading statements regarding your association. I swear on my life that everything that I've stated here is the truth without embelishment or exaggeration.

You can come back in here and say that the first incident didn't happen on your watch but you can't deny what went on this year with you at the helm.
__________________

Paul R Gosselin, Sr., CLVLT(#0632)
NightScenes Corporation
Director, AOLP
www.night-scenes.com
www.facebook.com/NightScenes
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 02-20-2009, 09:18 AM
MAGLIGHTING MAGLIGHTING is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Southern California
Posts: 248
The truth really hurts doesn't it Nightscenes. If you and your cohorts are smart you'll let it be and hope not too many people read this. Otherwise I'll go into explicit detail on the other lovely ways that your association has treated people.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 02-21-2009, 01:07 AM
niteliters niteliters is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: owensboro kentucky
Posts: 536
coherts...let it be...is this 8th grade recess. If your smart, you'll let it be...throw your stones brother, this train is passing you by.
__________________
chris
A.O.L.P. member
C.O.L.D. (Certified Outdoor Lighting Designer)#1112
C.L.V.L.T. (Certified Low Voltage Lighting Technician)#0639
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 02-21-2009, 09:25 AM
MAGLIGHTING MAGLIGHTING is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Southern California
Posts: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by niteliters View Post
coherts...let it be...is this 8th grade recess. If your smart, you'll let it be...throw your stones brother, this train is passing you by.

And this coming from a guy who says "Your brother from a different mother" on every other post. Real creative.

And you are a current bd member correct?
You do not refute my statements so it is that you are angry
because I won't keep your secrets that you attempt to mock me.

Thank you because you just have proved my point .

Buyer beware . Anyone who joins this organization you can expect the same treatment if you're not a part of the Good ole boys club.

How foolish of you Chris to bring this thread to the top again for more to see.

PS- You were not around at its inception. Why don't you do some investigating and find out where some of the money went during year 1. You'll find that association money was being used to pay the bills in 1 bd members business. Oh I'm sorry was that supposed to be hush hush too?

Keep prodding I have more.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 02-23-2009, 12:49 PM
JoeyD's Avatar
JoeyD JoeyD is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Escondido, CA
Posts: 2,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGLIGHTING View Post
And this coming from a guy who says "Your brother from a different mother" on every other post. Real creative.

And you are a current bd member correct?
You do not refute my statements so it is that you are angry
because I won't keep your secrets that you attempt to mock me.

Thank you because you just have proved my point .

Buyer beware . Anyone who joins this organization you can expect the same treatment if you're not a part of the Good ole boys club.

How foolish of you Chris to bring this thread to the top again for more to see.

PS- You were not around at its inception. Why don't you do some investigating and find out where some of the money went during year 1. You'll find that association money was being used to pay the bills in 1 bd members business. Oh I'm sorry was that supposed to be hush hush too?


Keep prodding I have more.
holy crap.I hope thats not true.........
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 02-23-2009, 02:22 PM
NightLightingFX's Avatar
NightLightingFX NightLightingFX is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Pasco WA
Posts: 581
I would like to make a comment about the "PRESENT DAY" AOLP.

Some of the points Mike makes are interesting. And I know there are some political BS going on. I am VERY disappointed that Unique left - Talking to Joey I can understand why Unique left. I wish there was more acceptence of Unique by the AOLP. These are kind of disturbing aspects of the AOLP.

On the other hand, I truely feel that the people controling the AOLP are trying hard to make it a good outdoor lighting organization. And despite what ever comments that are made about them they are good people with a passion for outdoor lighting. What I would REALLY like to see is everyone here making comments and reading about the AOLP join the AOLP and get involved. Help change the mood of the culture.

Mike G, and Joey I realize the AOLP may have offended you personally, or your low voltage philosophy. I LOVE the AOLP but I don't share those ideas that may have offended you so much as to leave the organization. I think the AOLP is the best resource to make some possitive impact for low voltage lighting. If you guys were on board it would help make the organization more diverse and hopefully in time the the culture of the controling body will change and be more open to all kinds of low voltage ideas.

I know understand that the AOLP has OFFENDED Mike G and Unique. I just want you to know that there are AOLP members that highly respect you and I would really like to see you turn the other cheek and be a member of the AOLP and hopefully improve the AOLP for the better.
~Ned
__________________
Ned Hastings
Member AOLP (CLVLT) #0852
www.nightlightingfx.com
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 02-23-2009, 02:29 PM
JoeyD's Avatar
JoeyD JoeyD is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Escondido, CA
Posts: 2,965
Thanks Ned! Most the poeple I talk to share your same feelings. The decision is out of my hands though. Like I stated before if it was up to me I would have stuck around but the company made this decision, not just Nate but the company and I work for the company! LOL I cant speak for Mike G. but he has a long history with this association and he has some strong reasoning as to why he personally left, 2 times!

All in all, it is unfortunate...........we should strive to put this whole thing to bed and all move on. We have all said our piece 100 times in a 100 different ways and now it just becomes us vs. them and people taking shots at eachother for voicing a point of view. Mike G. has valid points and should not be critisized for voicing them as does the AOLP.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 02-23-2009, 08:26 PM
MAGLIGHTING MAGLIGHTING is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Southern California
Posts: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyD View Post
holy crap.I hope thats not true.........
Joey, I certainly would not have said it unless it was true.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 02-23-2009, 09:54 PM
MAGLIGHTING MAGLIGHTING is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Southern California
Posts: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightLightingFX View Post
I would like to make a comment about the "PRESENT DAY" AOLP.

Some of the points Mike makes are interesting. And I know there are some political BS going on. I am VERY disappointed that Unique left - Talking to Joey I can understand why Unique left. I wish there was more acceptence of Unique by the AOLP. These are kind of disturbing aspects of the AOLP.

On the other hand, I truely feel that the people controling the AOLP are trying hard to make it a good outdoor lighting organization. And despite what ever comments that are made about them they are good people with a passion for outdoor lighting. What I would REALLY like to see is everyone here making comments and reading about the AOLP join the AOLP and get involved. Help change the mood of the culture.

Mike G, and Joey I realize the AOLP may have offended you personally, or your low voltage philosophy. I LOVE the AOLP but I don't share those ideas that may have offended you so much as to leave the organization. I think the AOLP is the best resource to make some possitive impact for low voltage lighting. If you guys were on board it would help make the organization more diverse and hopefully in time the the culture of the controling body will change and be more open to all kinds of low voltage ideas.

I know understand that the AOLP has OFFENDED Mike G and Unique. I just want you to know that there are AOLP members that highly respect you and I would really like to see you turn the other cheek and be a member of the AOLP and hopefully improve the AOLP for the better.
~Ned
Joey thanks for your support. It's appreciated. Ned, after I left the first time I kept my feelings to myself and wished no harm to the AOLP. After this second round of abuse I'm not so forgiving. Bottom line is this . I am persona non grata and treated as such in the AOLP because I'm a contractor who is totally independent of the traditional manufacturer/distribution/sales rep way of doing business. This makes some people in this association very uneasy. In fact it scares the s out of them because they fear that others will follow and do what I do. In a nut shell they don't like my business model . As far as I can see Unique lighting does not have this fear or personal resentment for me.

If I played by their rules and used their products I'd be carried through the halls of the hotel during conference and i'd be the nicest guy in the world in their eyes. This is the hypocricy that I speak of. Their words of Trying to advance the industry is just plain BS. As long as you follow the traditional system they've set up maybe. Try being an independent and you're treated like a leper. Not every manufacturer/distributor feels this way. But there are enough of them to exercise influence there.

This association does alot of things wrong. Last spring I was told that my membership was going to be cancelled if I did not change my classification from a contractor member to a manufacturer and pay $2,400 within 30 days. The letter said that the bd consulted their manufacturer members and that was the consensus. How interesting, that's like asking the fox to watch the hen house. They felt threatened because I have my own products and they don't like it.
What about 90% of the other contractor members who had no say in their off the cuff vote. They were never consulted. That's what I mean about the bd serving at the leisure of the manufacturer members. And this is a contractors association?

Once I didn't respond to their letter they wrote me another letter and made it sound like they were doing me a favor. It said they had a vote and they made a new classification for me and wanted $600 or $800 I can't remember now.

Once I didn't respond to that they took me off their message bd and when others asked what happened to me they said that I was banned for threatening someone in a message.

That's a bunch of BS. They just wanted me gone once they weren't getting anymore of my money and so I wouldn't tell their membership what they did.

Ironically My renewal letter this january was to renew as a contractor member for $175. It went right in the trash.

I apologize to the majority of the members who are decent hard working people and who have their heart in the right place but I do not wish to give this association the benefit of the doubt any longer and keep my story quiet.

Why should I with this kind of repetitive poor treatment.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 03-31-2009, 09:19 PM
MAGLIGHTING MAGLIGHTING is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Southern California
Posts: 248
Phone call from AOLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGLIGHTING View Post
Joey thanks for your support. It's appreciated. Ned, after I left the first time I kept my feelings to myself and wished no harm to the AOLP. After this second round of abuse I'm not so forgiving. Bottom line is this . I am persona non grata and treated as such in the AOLP because I'm a contractor who is totally independent of the traditional manufacturer/distribution/sales rep way of doing business. This makes some people in this association very uneasy. In fact it scares the s out of them because they fear that others will follow and do what I do. In a nut shell they don't like my business model . As far as I can see Unique lighting does not have this fear or personal resentment for me.

If I played by their rules and used their products I'd be carried through the halls of the hotel during conference and i'd be the nicest guy in the world in their eyes. This is the hypocricy that I speak of. Their words of Trying to advance the industry is just plain BS. As long as you follow the traditional system they've set up maybe. Try being an independent and you're treated like a leper. Not every manufacturer/distributor feels this way. But there are enough of them to exercise influence there.

This association does alot of things wrong. Last spring I was told that my membership was going to be cancelled if I did not change my classification from a contractor member to a manufacturer and pay $2,400 within 30 days. The letter said that the bd consulted their manufacturer members and that was the consensus. How interesting, that's like asking the fox to watch the hen house. They felt threatened because I have my own products and they don't like it.
What about 90% of the other contractor members who had no say in their off the cuff vote. They were never consulted. That's what I mean about the bd serving at the leisure of the manufacturer members. And this is a contractors association?

Once I didn't respond to their letter they wrote me another letter and made it sound like they were doing me a favor. It said they had a vote and they made a new classification for me and wanted $600 or $800 I can't remember now.

Once I didn't respond to that they took me off their message bd and when others asked what happened to me they said that I was banned for threatening someone in a message.

That's a bunch of BS. They just wanted me gone once they weren't getting anymore of my money and so I wouldn't tell their membership what they did.

Ironically My renewal letter this january was to renew as a contractor member for $175. It went right in the trash.

I apologize to the majority of the members who are decent hard working people and who have their heart in the right place but I do not wish to give this association the benefit of the doubt any longer and keep my story quiet.

Why should I with this kind of repetitive poor treatment.
I Received a phone message yesterday from AOLP asking if I intended to renew my membership.

Only time I hear from them is when they want renewal $.

Read through this thread AOLP and you will undoubtedly come to your own conclusion.

The check is in the mail

See ya
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:46 AM.

Page generated in 0.14297 seconds with 8 queries