Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-19-2013, 09:59 AM
LawnSite Member

Starting my Lawn care business question?

I have almost all the equipment but needing to get the clientele. I have made and passed out Flyers. Business Cards, Door magnets but haven't got many calls on work. Any idea's on what I can do to get more customers.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:29 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Website. Do not spend any more money on anything else until you get a nice website made.

F-150
14' landscape trailer
52'' Wright Stander
21'' Personal Pace
Stihl handhelds
Old 04-19-2013, 11:35 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

What is the information on your flyers? Do you offer an incentive for the prospective client to get them to call you? How are you grabbing their attention? You might consider posting your question in the business/marketing forum here it might get more responses.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:00 PM
LawnSite Member

A web site would be great going to look into it. As for the flyer. I have basic lawn care listed such as Mowing, trimming, hedge trimming, leaf clean up, Edging, for now. Like i stated i am just getting into the business and dont want to get to much on my plate sense I have another business to contend with. What would you offer as an incentive?
Old 04-19-2013, 12:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

come up with a nice slogan. Im not saying mine. and also offer new customers their 2nd or 3rd cut for free if they sign up for a season, or something like that. and find a way to set yourself apart from all the other companies.
-Grasshopper front mount 61", gravely 52"
-36" Gravely Walkbehind, 21" exmark push mower
-Stihl everything
Old 04-19-2013, 12:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackvbra View Post
come up with a nice slogan. Im not saying mine. and also offer new customers their 2nd or 3rd cut for free if they sign up for a season, or something like that. and find a way to set yourself apart from all the other companies.
I will do that! I don't see other company's in the area doing this. Even tho there is only 2 other lawn care service's in a 30 mile radius of me. Also need to find out what the average lawn price to give to customers. My nabor has 1/2 archer and gets charged $35 for just a mow and trim. Should I talk with the competors and see what they are charging?
Old 04-19-2013, 12:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

just call a couple of your competitors and act like you are a potential client. tell them you want an quote for cutting your yard weekly and biweekly. have them come out and tell you, most give free quotes. and that should give you an idea. just make sure your trailer and equipment is out of sight.

or, figure out how much you should make per hour, and figure up how long it takes you to mow certain sized lawns, and do it that way.

and have a minimum price. I dont drop the gate for less than $25, even if its just a 5 foot wide strip thats 20 feet long.
-Grasshopper front mount 61", gravely 52"
-36" Gravely Walkbehind, 21" exmark push mower
-Stihl everything
Old 04-19-2013, 12:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the help! I have 2 archers and cam mow and trim it in just over an hour. I have allot of trees, flower gardens and 2 storage sheds. I am going to call and get a quote and see if I am in the ball park on what to charge. I figured my yard would be around $45 to $65 but I will wait to see what they have to say. I will have to take my rig somewhere and hide it. Thanks again.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackvbra View Post
just call a couple of your competitors and act like you are a potential client. tell them you want an quote for cutting your yard weekly and biweekly. have them come out and tell you, most give free quotes. and that should give you an idea. just make sure your trailer and equipment is out of sight.

or, figure out how much you should make per hour, and figure up how long it takes you to mow certain sized lawns, and do it that way.

and have a minimum price. I dont drop the gate for less than $25, even if its just a 5 foot wide strip thats 20 feet long.
Have them come out and give you a quote? WTH? You want start up LCOs doing this to you, wasting your time?
Old 04-19-2013, 02:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

An incentive, how about a free cut, a free application, a free bed edging, a bonus whatever for every new sign up. Call now offer good for the first 12 callers.