Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-17-2009, 10:02 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Apology to ICT Bill and Phasthound (Barry)

Over the last few months, we've had quite a few heated debates on ICT's products and the lack of information we receive back when answering questions. A lot of those threads were fueled by growingdeeprootsorganicly and I. Honestly, Bill didn't have to answer most of the questions we specifically asked about his product, although it would have been nice for him to answer some (93% crabgrass control with CGH pops into my head). Let's face it, Bill does sell a transition product to attract synthetic applicators more to an organic/organic based end. Bill's fighting the good fight, and that says a lot overall.

Barry, I'd like to apologize for saying that the forum is being dominated by guys like you and Bill who don't service many lawns....I don't know that, and being on the organic end it's not about quantity, but quality of your program and services being offered.

After many battles with rcreech and others on either forum, I'm getting a little tired of it. It's bad energy, and if anything turns a lot of people off to the positive things I do post. I'm tired of being an internet tough guy, because that's not how I am in person. So once again, I do apologize to you both.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:51 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NattyLawn View Post
Over the last few months, we've had quite a few heated debates on ICT's products and the lack of information we receive back when answering questions. A lot of those threads were fueled by growingdeeprootsorganicly and I. Honestly, Bill didn't have to answer most of the questions we specifically asked about his product, although it would have been nice for him to answer some (93% crabgrass control with CGH pops into my head). Let's face it, Bill does sell a transition product to attract synthetic applicators more to an organic/organic based end. Bill's fighting the good fight, and that says a lot overall.

Barry, I'd like to apologize for saying that the forum is being dominated by guys like you and Bill who don't service many lawns....I don't know that, and being on the organic end it's not about quantity, but quality of your program and services being offered.

After many battles with rcreech and others on either forum, I'm getting a little tired of it. It's bad energy, and if anything turns a lot of people off to the positive things I do post. I'm tired of being an internet tough guy, because that's not how I am in person. So once again, I do apologize to you both.
You never said anything that offended me. If I posted anything to make you feel that way, it was completely unintentional. I've always appreciated your extensive experience in the field and the results you get.

Hey, I'll accept your apology if I can spend a day in the field with you to soak up some of your knowledge. How's that?

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 01-17-2009, 10:57 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Matt,

You are right, The bad energy that is a result of these discussions is for the birds.

If a salesman has a publicly sold commercial product and wants to make claims he/she better be able to back up their claims they make.

I never asked him to show or prove something that he didn't say he had or claimed.

If someone put's something out there as fact or a claim, Does no one have the right to ask question's and expect a honest answer?
Old 01-17-2009, 11:20 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Nattylawn,

I accept your apology too! Lawnsite deleted the post, but boy did you come off as an internet tough guy, saying I was trying to look cool on the internet. I'll bet you really are a decent guy in person. And this post speaks volumes about your character. Take care!
Old 01-17-2009, 11:31 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

yeah that was big of him and does show some real fortitude.

now let me run before you guys start to hug.................JK
Old 01-17-2009, 05:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Personally, I appreciate the participation of everyone on this site. Even ICT Bill --
I especially enjoy the challenge to my presuppositions and when proven wrong - I've learned a lot.

The more I think about it, the more I realize, we have so much more to learn. I typically offend my self, my wife and friends. I have probably offended everyone out there at one time or another.

The important thing is - that we all continue to talk.
I would not be embarking on this, New LCO Business model , had it not been - for you all.

Don't worry, TG, I am still hugging myself, and will stop there.
Old 01-17-2009, 05:53 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

self hugged!! now that's a therapeutic tool I can get behind.

maybe one day I can get rid of my barbed wire overcoat
Old 01-17-2009, 07:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Matt,

You tough guy, you. That's a nice gesture. We can all learn from each other so long as we pose questions rather than sarcastic drivel and we ensure those questions are answered if possible.

Tim
Old 01-17-2009, 07:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by treegal1 View Post
self hugged!! now that's a therapeutic tool I can get behind.

maybe one day I can get rid of my barbed wire overcoat
Always,, you try to make me laugh. I hug barb wire everytime, the beloved, Bambi goes through the pasture fence.

It's simple. Look in the mirror and say -"I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it !!! - people like me."

When that doesn't work - click on the 'pesticide forum'.

Or you could think like me. "I will die alone, helpless, and 20 pounds overweight"
And be a representative for the state of MN.

Same thing. I guess. I don't know.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:18 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

"every day in every way I am getting better and better"