Register free!
Search

Click for Weather
View Poll Results: Who will win the Super Bowl and by how much?
Cardinals by <10 3 10.71%
Cardinals by >10 5 17.86%
Steelers by <10 13 46.43%
Steelers by >10 7 25.00%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-24-2009, 01:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaMac View Post
You've also gotta recognize, most of us in the Irrigation forum are arrogant SOBs.
First truth I've heard in months.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUTLANDER View Post
but please do explain what an arrogant fan is, i truly do not know if that is what steelers fans are even capable of
hey - at least you're not an Eagles fan.

Arrogance in sports is usually attained when a fan uses "WE" all the time. WE are so much better than YOU. Been on the field lately? Held a clip board and sent in plays today? Or demeaning the other fans for being a loyal follower even though their team hasn't had much championship success. Stating 6th super bowl, blah blah blah

Or Yankee fans not recognizing that their team has all the means in the country to out pay for good players, and if KC or Milwaukee spent what NY does, those teams would be asking for bailout money.

Last edited by DanaMac; 01-24-2009 at 02:09 PM.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
First truth I've heard in months.
And you even listen to your own words!
Old 01-24-2009, 02:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
hey - at least you're not an Eagles fan.

Arrogance in sports is usually attained when a fan uses "WE" all the time. WE are so much better than YOU. Been on the field lately? Held a clip board and sent in plays today? Or demeaning the other fans for being a loyal follower even though their team hasn't had much championship success. Stating 6th super bowl, blah blah blah

Or Yankee fans not recognizing that there team has all the means in the country to out pay for good players, and if KC or Milwaukee spent what NY does, those teams would be asking for bailout money.
yea gotta admit the we thing does happen, but just thought that came from being a lifelong loyal fan, and of course you dont know me, but if you did you'd know by saying "we" i'm talking about the steelers.(and something i can't stand is bandwagon jumpers. notice these folks dont say "we" cuz that would refer to who's winning at the time)....i think people are starting to forget this is a game for our enjoyment as well, ......anyways isn't that the objective of games, to get into it, excited, intreaged, hoop and holler LOL
Old 01-24-2009, 02:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
yea gotta admit the we thing does happen, but just thought that came from being a lifelong loyal fan, and of course you dont know me, but if you did you'd know by saying "we" i'm talking about the steelers.(and something i can't stand is bandwagon jumpers. notice these folks dont say "we" cuz that would refer to who's winning at the time)....i think people are starting to forget this is a game for our enjoyment as well, ......anyways isn't that the objective of games, to get into it, excited, intreaged, hoop and holler LOL
and that is the answer to the word usually in your post
Old 01-24-2009, 02:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I know. and I'm being a jackass for some reason. Oh yeah, it's Saturday. One of my 5 days in the week for it. "We" in the irrigation forum have a bad rep for running out other LS members who post here out of the blue.

Good luck. Go Steelers. Or Cards......
Old 01-24-2009, 02:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

true Steelers fans possess the humility that comes with knowing that only their first Superbowl win was a walkover
Old 01-24-2009, 02:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
I know. and I'm being a jackass for some reason. Oh yeah, it's Saturday. One of my 5 days in the week for it. "We" in the irrigation forum have a bad rep for running out other LS members who post here out of the blue.

Good luck. Go Steelers. Or Cards......
yea good luck to both these teams, they both do deserve to be there...we all seen that............wish here in ohio saturday meant a day off for this, but we're in a deep freeze, and who knows how long it will last
Old 01-24-2009, 02:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
true Steelers fans possess the humility that comes with knowing that only their first Superbowl win was a walkover
what would be exciting about football if it was all walkovers?
Old 01-25-2009, 12:49 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoskm01 View Post
Ive got high hopes for my hometown team to take it for the first time, ever.
Is the AZ franchise now old enough to make a bold statement like this? The Card Franchise is, but their HISTORY would be St. Louis. Cards were always my second choice in both Football and Baseball. Really hit down low to see them leave. It did hit a lot harder to hear the words St. Louis RAMS??WTF? right?
....but still a bargain compared to anything else.
And I NEVER say I told you so out loud.
How many Hats can you wear?