Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-19-2009, 10:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennington Lawncare View Post
So what makes the Bad Boy so much better than say a Bob-Cat? The money isn't even close
The Bob-Cat Predator Pro is as good a mower; as there is on the market. The Generac is the price lowering factor with the one advertised on Ebay.

My dealer was the largest Bob-Cat dealer in the US last year, I saw the award hanging on the wall of his business. He said people were afraid of the Generac engines and he really could not say why because he had not sold enough to make a comparison.

I have run the 33 Generac and the power is amazing, it ate a 28 hp Cat on a BB in a side by side comparison alive. The difference in the way both mowers handled the same grass was as if the Generac was 40 hp and the Cat was 20.

That is an excellent price on that particular Bob-Cat, but I would say if it had the 31 Kawi which they offer; the price would be a good deal higher.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djagusch View Post
Image what are you currently running for mowers?
solo with a Exmark 66" Lazer

A bunch of websites that all forward to www.FargoSnow.com

where are the real business growth experts? I know you are here reading and keeping tabs on the industry. PM me...
Old 02-20-2009, 12:48 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Location: Down the road from where they used to make Saturn cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosparkplugs View Post
Do you even know how Ebay works? that Bob-Cat is MSRP $11,690. the starting bid is $7,395, I doubt the dealer will let that ZTR go for the Starting bid.
Yes, I know how Ebay works (191 with 100% Positive) and I've been posting similar deals by the dealer over the past few months. I don't know anyone at that dealership but, they are within driving range and those prices make me want to buy one. I know I've got a lowly little 48 inch Cub Cadet Enforcer but, for the number of yards I currently have it's enough.

Buying a mower like for that kind of money and it being out of state and not having to pay tax makes the deal even sweeter. I probably shouldn't even post about those auctions like that since someone on here would be outbidding me and yes you might want to do a little research and see the final bids on some of those auctions.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=260318189454

I had a saved auction for that dealer but, it recently expired and it was another Predator Pro with a 37 hp Kawi and 61 inch cut I believe. The starting bid was $7200 and I think someone bought it for that.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennington Lawncare View Post
Yes, I know how Ebay works (191 with 100% Positive) and I've been posting similar deals by the dealer over the past few months. I don't know anyone at that dealership but, they are within driving range and those prices make me want to buy one. I know I've got a lowly little 48 inch Cub Cadet Enforcer but, for the number of yards I currently have it's enough.

Buying a mower like for that kind of money and it being out of state and not having to pay tax makes the deal even sweeter. I probably shouldn't even post about those auctions like that since someone on here would be outbidding me and yes you might want to do a little research and see the final bids on some of those auctions.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=260318189454

I had a saved auction for that dealer but, it recently expired and it was another Predator Pro with a 37 hp Kawi and 61 inch cut I believe. The starting bid was $7200 and I think someone bought it for that.
The Generacs have been discontinued along with the 31 Kawi they tried. The Predator Pro is bought with the 37 Kawi for the most part. My dealer said his bottom price on this machine was $8995.00. You are talking about one heck of a deal at anything less than $8000.00. This is a very good mower with very good speed and the 37 Kawi will move it through virtually any grass at the 12 1/2 mph top speed.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:30 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Anyone know what the going prices are on these setup?

72" Lightning 31hp Kawasaki (and is this LC or not?)
$9195 and its a forced-air big block not lc
72" Lightning 32hp Vanguard
$8895
72" AOS 27hp Kawasaki LC
$8995
72" AOS Vanguard 35hp
$9695
Prices are starting points not including set-up and destination or extra options. The AOS has bigger pumps and feels like a beast compared to the lighting, definately my favorite in all the big gas lines. Out of the 4 I would go with the 27hp lc aos, but you might be like me wanting waaay to much power, and have your dealer bump the throttle up a little before delivery.
Courious what you guys think is the best engine? And if you know the going prices for each? It will not be used for bagging or mulching, just side discharge. Mostly on grass that is cut every 2-3 weeks, in a northern climate, so taking off 4-6" or so. Is the AOS's bigger pumps better for reliability?

Retro feel free to PM me prices, I pm'd you a couple days ago but havent heard back.

Thanks

13 Gravely 460 60" 31hp
13 BB AOS 35hp 4 cylinder Cat 72"
13 BB XP 31hp Kawasaki 61", 13' 36hp 61 xp
2013 Grasshopper 325D 61" 4x rear discharge w/suspension forks !Awesome!
13 GH 725D Rear Discharge 61" 13' 430D 72"
07 Bad Boy Lightning 52 inch with 26hp LC Kawasaki (just hit 3000 hours and going strong after rolling down the road and totaling out at 22 hours!)
2012 Dodge 2500 Diesel 4x4 Custom!
08 Chevy 1500 v8 Shop dog
"Mow With an Attitude"
Old 02-21-2009, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrodog View Post
Anyone know what the going prices are on these setup?

72" Lightning 31hp Kawasaki (and is this LC or not?)
$9195 and its a forced-air big block not lc
72" Lightning 32hp Vanguard
$8895
72" AOS 27hp Kawasaki LC
$8995
72" AOS Vanguard 35hp
$9695
Prices are starting points not including set-up and destination or extra options. The AOS has bigger pumps and feels like a beast compared to the lighting, definately my favorite in all the big gas lines. Out of the 4 I would go with the 27hp lc aos, but you might be like me wanting waaay to much power, and have your dealer bump the throttle up a little before delivery.
Courious what you guys think is the best engine? And if you know the going prices for each? It will not be used for bagging or mulching, just side discharge. Mostly on grass that is cut every 2-3 weeks, in a northern climate, so taking off 4-6" or so. Is the AOS's bigger pumps better for reliability?

Retro feel free to PM me prices, I pm'd you a couple days ago but havent heard back.

Thanks
I can tell you without doubt the AOS with the 35 Cat is the best setup available. The ride and power will blow your mind. The great ride not only comes from the 4 wheel rubber suspension but the heavier weight of the machine causing the suspension to function the way it was designed. The heavier weight causes the rubber to activate with the correct shock absorption. You must have enough weight to cause the rubber to flex and absorb the shock.

The Lightning model does not ride as well because it is the same rubber shock absorber as the heavier AOS. The lighter Lightning will not compress the rubber as much, therefore you have a stiffer ride. For the Lightning model to ride comparable to the AOS the rubber shocks would need to be softer to cause the lighter weight mower to compress the rubber and reduce the shock.

BB told me personally they wished the 28 Cat was not offered in their lineup. The 3 cylinder is very loud, vibrates like crazy, to the point of shaking things apart and is only about $900.00 cheaper than the 35 Cat. The 28 is very weak powerwise, not comparable to the 31 Kawi or 35 Vanguard.

Last edited by puppypaws; 02-21-2009 at 09:43 PM.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

PP, Cat uses the 3 banger in many application besides a turf application, in skid steer's those guys are complaining about the vibration too, it's more prominent at idle. Still nothing like the 4 banger silky smooth.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:27 PM
LawnSite Member

I have a BB 52in lightning z i love it the only thing is it doesnt stripe that good. Has anyone else had this problem with theres?
Old 02-22-2009, 12:33 AM
LawnSite Member

I've got the 60" Lightning Z, and it doesn't stripe so hot unless the grass is golf-course smooth. I'm building a striping kit this year to see if it helps.
Old 02-22-2009, 01:30 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I have said it before last year many times and I will say it again now.

Show me a picture of the cut quality on thick, wet, fine bladed limb spring growth northern turf. Nobody seems to be able to do this. Or is it because the quality of cut isnt up to par with the more well known mowers? Somebody with one of these in these conditions PLEASE post pictures. There is SOME reason nobody seems to want to put pictures up of the cut the BB mowers produce. I am sure they are built really good but WHAT ABOUT THE CUT QUALITY? We have no BB dealers any where close to me so we cant find out for ourself if its good or not.
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)