Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-22-2009, 10:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosparkplugs View Post
PP the balance is perfect, yes their is a counterweight under the footrest plateform. Their is zero caster "shimmey" or "deathwobble" I have ran it down the asphalt street wide open straight tracking, no caster shimmey and the AOS diesel is fast. Going to purchase either the Meg-Mo or Dixie chopper X-blade cutting system just for grins, and to see what the diesel can really do with 12 blades on the Meg-Mo Disk & knife system or 6 blades with the DC X-blade system can you say POWDER. The 4 banger 35hp Cat diesel is $900.00 more than the 3 banger 28hp Cat. So cost could be a factor I guess.
There is not really an amount of money (especially $900.00) you can put on the difference between an AOS with a 35 Cat and one with the 28. The 35 will make you so much more money it would be hard to figure. Time is money, and the 35 will run circles around the 28 in medium to heavy cutting.

Does the ride not just blow your mind comparing it to any ZTR you have ever owned or operated. Name all the ones you have owned or operated and give me a comparison in ride, speed, cut and productivity?
Old 02-22-2009, 10:31 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

The speed is a bonus for sure, also for a 4 cylinder it sips fuel .66gal/hr, thats like a 20hp Kubota diesel engine. I suspect I will burn more fuel on the pipe line this summer.

I was just thinking the engine upgrade to the 4 cylinder Cat is $900.00, Add the tax on the ZTR it's more like $1,900

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
There is not really an amount of money (especially $900.00) you can put on the difference between an AOS with a 35 Cat and one with the 28. The 35 will make you so much more money it would be hard to figure. Time is money, and the 35 will run circles around the 28 in medium to heavy cutting.

Does the ride not just blow your mind comparing it to any ZTR you have ever owned or operated. Name all the ones you have owned or operated and give me a comparison in ride, speed, cut and productivity?
Old 02-22-2009, 11:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
The speed is a bonus for sure, also for a 4 cylinder it sips fuel .66gal/hr, thats like a 20hp Kubota diesel engine. I suspect I will burn more fuel on the pipe line this summer.

I was just thinking the engine upgrade to the 4 cylinder Cat is $900.00, Add the tax on the ZTR it's more like $1,900
If you ever ran the 28 I can promise you would give $2000.00 difference, and it would not take long to make up the difference in money. If you ran a 28, and new that was all you could get after having run your 35, you would not buy the BB, it would make you sick on your stomach.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:23 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
If you ever ran the 28 I can promise you would give $2000.00 difference, and it would not take long to make up the difference in money. If you ran a 28, and new that was all you could get after having run your 35, you would not buy the BB, it would make you sick on your stomach.
I listen to the 28hp Cat on the Scag TT it was rough, but it was idling it does smooth out some at WOT. But yes the 28hp Cat was not an option for me

I still cannot believe Hustler ditched Caterpillar for the little Shibaura diesel.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:41 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I listen to the 28hp Cat on the Scag TT it was rough, but it was idling it does smooth out some at WOT. But yes the 28hp Cat was not an option for me

I still cannot believe Hustler ditched Caterpillar for the little Shibaura diesel.
The 28 Cat was unbelievably weak on the 72" deck, you actually can't believe how weak, until you operate one yourself.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

That thing has got to weigh a ton. I guess I am the only one that wants a small 60inch Ztr that wont rut up the hood! I could not put that BB on my yards and I have several
2+ acres. It is a nice mower though it has got to turn some heads going down the road.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Get the 60 lightning, 1100 lbs
- Custom striping roller
- Pingel fuel filter
- Custom FIMCO boomless spray rig

1989 John Deer 1070 Compact Tractor - 40hp/4WD
- 70 series loader
- 506 rotary mower
- box scraper
- 84" plow w/full hydo
- ballast box
- aux lights

1993 John Deere Gator 6x4
- HD Field Trax tires
- brush/fender guards
- hydraulic dump bed w/storage and bed cover
- 2" receiver hitch
- HD front suspension
Old 02-23-2009, 07:29 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

It's actually the lightest diesel ZTR on the market @ 1,550lbs to date nothing can touch it on it's light weight for a big diesel, and it does not rut the turf, like it's appearance would project. I f your good with the sticks it will not tear the turf, the bar lugs leave less a footprint vs a turf tire. If you look at the picture with the BB AOS diesel in the large field in the pic off to the far right, you can see were I made passes no rutting in pic I surly don't expect those wanting to overlook the truth on the Bad Boys to ever agree, so as I have said before I will be posting pictures throughout out it's cutting life cycle, with a 6,000hr rated Cat diesel engine thats alot of pics. No the AOS diesel might not be the best ZTR to mow grandma's yard with we don't mess with folks that role like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjslawn View Post
That thing has got to weigh a ton. I guess I am the only one that wants a small 60inch Ztr that wont rut up the hood! I could not put that BB on my yards and I have several
2+ acres. It is a nice mower though it has got to turn some heads going down the road.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:02 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
It's actually the lightest diesel ZTR on the market @ 1,550lbs to date nothing can touch it on it's light weight for a big diesel, and it does not rut the turf, like it's appearance would project. I f your good with the sticks it will not tear the turf, the bar lugs leave less a footprint vs a turf tire. If you look at the picture with the BB AOS diesel in the large field in the pic off to the far right, you can see were I made passes no rutting in pic I surly don't expect those wanting to overlook the truth on the Bad Boys to ever agree, so as I have said before I will be posting pictures throughout out it's cutting life cycle, with a 6,000hr rated Cat diesel engine thats alot of pics. No the AOS diesel might not be the best ZTR to mow grandma's yard with we don't mess with folks that role like that
Hey man, I think your mower is cleaner than a new one straight off the assembly line.....lol. Did you wax it? I wish I could clean mine like that, I always get pissed off when the dirt and grass just sticks to the parts that I just washed, I end up just giving up after a while and just wiping armoral all over the black parts. The AOS has a massive counter weight on the front, not exactly sure what it weighs, but I would guess between 80 and 120lbs. It helps to keep the front on the ground. The issue with the front wheel wobble is because the factory setting is torqued for mid speed settings for grass cutting. We usually tightnen them up a little when they come in because it is usually something we would be doing in the future anyways. Not a bad thing, just gets on your nerves racing through the parking lots and sidewalks. Only takes a few minutes to tighten up, so not necassarily a "Bad Boy issue". We had alot of lookers today with 4 people actually filling out applications to finance.....not one got approved. 2 actually had good credit, I guess all the talk about banks tighting up is true. We sold one today, but they wrote a check. Hope you guys are having better luck getting the stuff you need to operate your businesses. Been kinda busy lately, so if anyone needs questions answered just call. New baby fixin to pop out, mower sales kicking off, starting to mow and landscape, remodeling a house, servicing existing mowers for the new season, and trying to keep my head from spinning off...lol. Looks like alot of you Bad Boy haters are starting to come around now and listen to some of these guys. BB is one of the few mower companies this year that is actually expanding into new production facilities, opening up new production lines, and is continuing to operate with no dept loads whatsoever. Good luck this season, and I hope to see more of you bleeding orange and making more profits.

13 Gravely 460 60" 31hp
13 BB AOS 35hp 4 cylinder Cat 72"
13 BB XP 31hp Kawasaki 61", 13' 36hp 61 xp
2013 Grasshopper 325D 61" 4x rear discharge w/suspension forks !Awesome!
13 GH 725D Rear Discharge 61" 13' 430D 72"
07 Bad Boy Lightning 52 inch with 26hp LC Kawasaki (just hit 3000 hours and going strong after rolling down the road and totaling out at 22 hours!)
2012 Dodge 2500 Diesel 4x4 Custom!
08 Chevy 1500 v8 Shop dog
"Mow With an Attitude"
Old 02-23-2009, 11:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrodog View Post
Hey man, I think your mower is cleaner than a new one straight off the assembly line.....lol. Did you wax it? I wish I could clean mine like that, I always get pissed off when the dirt and grass just sticks to the parts that I just washed, I end up just giving up after a while and just wiping armoral all over the black parts. The AOS has a massive counter weight on the front, not exactly sure what it weighs, but I would guess between 80 and 120lbs. It helps to keep the front on the ground. The issue with the front wheel wobble is because the factory setting is torqued for mid speed settings for grass cutting. We usually tightnen them up a little when they come in because it is usually something we would be doing in the future anyways. Not a bad thing, just gets on your nerves racing through the parking lots and sidewalks. Only takes a few minutes to tighten up, so not necassarily a "Bad Boy issue". We had alot of lookers today with 4 people actually filling out applications to finance.....not one got approved. 2 actually had good credit, I guess all the talk about banks tighting up is true. We sold one today, but they wrote a check. Hope you guys are having better luck getting the stuff you need to operate your businesses. Been kinda busy lately, so if anyone needs questions answered just call. New baby fixin to pop out, mower sales kicking off, starting to mow and landscape, remodeling a house, servicing existing mowers for the new season, and trying to keep my head from spinning off...lol. Looks like alot of you Bad Boy haters are starting to come around now and listen to some of these guys. BB is one of the few mower companies this year that is actually expanding into new production facilities, opening up new production lines, and is continuing to operate with no dept loads whatsoever. Good luck this season, and I hope to see more of you bleeding orange and making more profits.
The 28 Cat AOS I ran had a wheel shimmy so bad if you started off fast within 10' you were pulling the handles back to stop so you could start off again very slowly. It was as bad a wheel shimmy as you could ever possibly see. I was told by BB the front wheels needed to be tightened up but my thinking is they should never leave the manufacture performing like that and they sure as heck should not get by the dealer with that problem.