Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-26-2008, 07:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Comparing Fluid Film

I have been a user of CorrosionX for some time. How does Fluid film compare or differ from it?

Thanks!
Old 08-26-2008, 11:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Fluid Film claims to protect much better/longer and lab tests confirms it
Echo PAS-265 Power-heads with Trimmer, Edger, Hedge Clipper, ProSweep and Power Pruner attachments
Shindaiwa EB-802RT, Echo PB-755T & PB-265L Backpack Blowers
Various backup equipment (Poulan Pro, Toro, Troy Bilt, etc...)
Professional pressure washing equipment.
Amsoil synthetic oil and E3 spark plugs for all engines...
Old 08-27-2008, 01:52 AM
LawnSite Member

I'm new to the industry. Tell me how you use these and why. I assume you are using it under the deck? Anywhere else? I love corrosion x but have never used it on my mower.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:11 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Here is a pic of some outside, independent test results comparing Fluid Film to some of the other competitive products. All test panels were placed in a salt fog chamber according to ASTM B117 standards, an accelerated weathering test, which consists of a 5% salt solution. These are the results after seven weeks exposure, which is a very long time to run these type of tests.

The results pretty much speak for themselves.

There are two specific things that make Fluid Film so powerful. One is the lack of solvents, which all the other products contain. Solvents evaporate quickly once the product is sprayed out, leaving less material to protect or lubricate your equipment. Once the solvent is gone, the material left behind becomes gummy or tacky.

With no solvents, Fluid Film does not evaporate, nor will it ever get gummy or tacky. It remains super-slick for long periods of time. Fluid Film will also not burn greenery, which the other products will, because of their high solvent content.

The second superior quality about Fluid Film is its base. Fluid Film is made using woolwax, or lanolin, a natural animal byproduct that has been used for centuries in Europe for its powerful corrosion prevention properties. The lanolin actually embeds into the pores of metal, where it sets up an unyielding protective barrier that cuts off all oxygen. No oxygen means no oxidation.

Because of these two properties, Fluid Film is safe to use on all metals, and will not harm paint, plastic or synthetic rubbers. As a corrosion preventive, it could last a minimum of a year indoors, where UV rays won't break it down. Out in the elements, you could expect a full season of protection from one application. Around the home; hinges, locks, garage door runners, and battery terminals would only need to be sprayed once to protect them year round.

Check our website for more information at www.fluid-film.com.

If you are a LawnSite member, have never tried Fluid Film, and live within the Continental United States, just send me a PM and I'll ship out a sample can for free.

That's how confident we are in our product.

Manufactured and packaged in the USA.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:51 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for every ones response!!!

dano50- PM sent

lil'dale - Yes , I use it under the deck and all unpainted metal surfaces. I use Rejex on paint and Aerospace 303 on plastics. If it is that good I will switch to Fluid Film. looking forward to it!!!
Old 03-02-2009, 05:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Affordable RS View Post
Thanks for every ones response!!!

dano50- PM sent

lil'dale - Yes , I use it under the deck and all unpainted metal surfaces. I use Rejex on paint and Aerospace 303 on plastics. If it is that good I will switch to Fluid Film. looking forward to it!!!

Oh man, you cant even compare Fluid Film to anything else...its like comparing oil and water...

if you've never tried fluid film, try it now...ill send you out a sample can...