Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #111  
Old 02-03-2009, 05:54 PM
DanaMac's Avatar
DanaMac DanaMac is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Somewhere in the state of CO
Posts: 13,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
I had a Ranger (jeez, that sounds dirty), never was comfortable with it. I went to F-150 trucks and still have my third one with over 200K.
I have enough full sized 4WD trucks. Need good gas mileage for around town driving. House to house service calls. PLUS I'm tired of scratching my good truck, and putting a ton of miles on it.

My '96 GMC and '97 F-150 each have 210+k miles.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 02-03-2009, 06:02 PM
Mike Leary's Avatar
Mike Leary Mike Leary is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Port Angeles, Washington
Posts: 20,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaMac View Post
PLUS I'm tired of scratching my good truck, and putting a ton of miles on it.
If your "good truck" is not making you any money, something is bad wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 02-03-2009, 06:08 PM
DanaMac's Avatar
DanaMac DanaMac is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Somewhere in the state of CO
Posts: 13,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
If your "good truck" is not making you any money, something is bad wrong.
My good truck I bought for ME. But it has turned into more of my work truck. I don't want my ME truck filled with parts, tools, tool boxes, paperwork, trash, dirt, wet seats, and a million miles. Then clean it out when ever I go somewhere personal.

And my bad trucks can make just as much money while taking the abuse.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 02-03-2009, 06:11 PM
TRILAWNCARE's Avatar
TRILAWNCARE TRILAWNCARE is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: One Foot in the Grave
Posts: 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaMac View Post
My good truck I bought for ME. But it has turned into more of my work truck. I don't want my ME truck filled with parts, tools, tool boxes, paperwork, trash, dirt, wet seats, and a million miles. Then clean it out when ever I go somewhere personal.

And my bad trucks can make just as much money while taking the abuse.
That's why you need a nice truck. For the personal thing. So you need three all together. Work, good and nice.
__________________
Another not-so-helpful post presented by me, for you....
Calsense Controllers, best irrigation control system's being made.

Flat Screw Driver
Phillips Screw Driver
Pliers
Channel Locks
Side Cutter
Needle Nose
Fluke Multi Meter
Greenlee Amp Clamp
PVC Cutter
Hack Saw
Shovel
Sledge Hammer
Post Hole Digger
Broom
Rake
Rags
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 02-03-2009, 06:12 PM
Mike Leary's Avatar
Mike Leary Mike Leary is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Port Angeles, Washington
Posts: 20,572
[QUOTE=DanaMac;2742759 Then clean it out when ever I go somewhere personal.[/QUOTE]

Cone markers, clip board, that's all you need unless you don't have a service truck. What contractor has a "personal" truck? I never did.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 02-03-2009, 06:24 PM
ARGOS's Avatar
ARGOS ARGOS is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: On the road again.
Posts: 2,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaMac View Post
My '96 GMC and '97 F-150 each have 210+k miles.
Fords definitely keep going. I have a 97 E150 about to flip 200k and it drives like a champ. My 97 F150 has 250k, it is getting a transmission check today and got all thumbs up. Today I am pimping in the GMC dump with trailer...I hate turning around.

The nice car is the sprinter, but I don't get to drive it. Its the kid car. I am lining up to get one as a service van.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 02-03-2009, 06:26 PM
DanaMac's Avatar
DanaMac DanaMac is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Somewhere in the state of CO
Posts: 13,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
Cone markers, clip board, that's all you need unless you don't have a service truck. What contractor has a "personal" truck? I never did.
Have you and I agreed on one thing yet? You might want to take your lady on a date in your dirty ol' truck. I don't. I don't want to look like a contractor when I pull up at a restaurant or bar. Or take it full of parts when I go fishing. Or have to empty it because on the weekend because I have projects to do.

You do your thing. I'll do mine. We'll be just fine and dandy.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 02-03-2009, 06:31 PM
Mike Leary's Avatar
Mike Leary Mike Leary is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Port Angeles, Washington
Posts: 20,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaMac View Post
You might want to take your lady on a date in your dirty ol' truck. I don't. I don't want to look like a contractor when I pull up at a restaurant or bar.
You might want re-read your post; my wife of 30+ years liked us roughnecks.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 02-03-2009, 06:34 PM
DanaMac's Avatar
DanaMac DanaMac is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Somewhere in the state of CO
Posts: 13,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
You might want re-read your post; my wife of 30+ years liked us roughnecks.
You might like the dirty ol' roughneck look. I don't for myself. Doesn't mean it's good or bad. Just my preference. and mine of 18+ years doesn't want a dirty ol' roughneck.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 02-03-2009, 06:36 PM
Mike Leary's Avatar
Mike Leary Mike Leary is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Port Angeles, Washington
Posts: 20,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaMac View Post
mine of 18+ years doesn't want a dirty ol' roughneck.
Some women like us a little bit scruffy, what can I say? I had the crew wash my truck on Fridays; a truck that scores jobs, collects
money, and generally keeps the operation going is a different breed of management.

Last edited by Mike Leary; 02-03-2009 at 06:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:45 PM.

Page generated in 0.10785 seconds with 8 queries