Register free!

Old 01-27-2009, 03:58 PM
LawnSite Member

chem companys vs. pbj sandwiches

Im looking for a used spray truck and look what I find.... http://www.gentlechristianmothers.co...073#msg1862073

but she was making pbj's but was that not linked to a big selmonella out break, what was she thinking?
Old 01-27-2009, 04:25 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I registered with the site to that I could post some things from our side of the fence. In a nice way, I was going to post that A) Chem-Lawn shold not have been spraying in the wind to begin with, but it was nice that he took the time to knock on the door and let you know what was going on.

2) The chemical most likley being used is not a carcinogen as one poster responded with

3) I was going to give them a basic understanding of the toxcicity of the chemicals commonly used in lawncare.

This is the E-mail I got from the site admin, is this not ridiculous for signing up for a forum?

Before you can login and start using the forum, your request will be
reviewed and approved.

Please fill out the application below and email your answers to admins@gentlechristianmothers.com . If any answers are left incomplete, you will be asked for further clarification. An admin will review them, and you will receive another email informing you of the admin's decision.

Please note that lying on your application will be grounds for immediate banning.

Once your account is approved, you will have access to view and post in public forums, and you will see a forum toward the top of the board called "To Those in the 'I'm Brand New' Membergroup -- Please Read." Please read that forum for information on how to gain access to the "Registered Users Only" forums.

We ask that you please post to the board within one
month and once at least every six months if you wish for your account
to remain active.

1. Have you read the GCM Statement of Beliefs, both "Our Christian Beliefs" and "Our Parenting Beliefs"? Please read them here: http://www.gentlechristianmothers.co...php?topic=39.0

2. Do you understand and agree with the GCM Statement of Beliefs that you read, both "Our Christian Beliefs" and "Our Parenting Beliefs"? Please note, for clarification purposes regarding numbers 5 and 17, that GCM does not believe in leaving a baby to cry it out or in spanking. If there are any points that you do not agree with, what do you not agree with?

3. Have you read the Posting Guidelines and Rules? Please read them here: http://www.gentlechristianmothers.co...php?topic=37.0

Do you agree to abide by them?

4. What is your username, and what does it mean?

5. What is your email address?

6. How did you find out about GCM? If it was through a member of GCM, what is their GCM username? If it was on another message board, which message board was it?

7. Have you ever had another account on GCM or been a member on the GCM message board before? If so, what other account name(s) have you used?

8. What are three words you would use to describe yourself?

9. How many children do you have, and what are their ages (you do not
need to share their names; some moms choose to use internet nicknames for
their children)?

10. Please share some ways you help nurture a healthy attachment between you and your children.

11. What are three things you most want your children to learn?

12. Are you a Christian? please share your testimony/how you know you are saved.

13. Do you attend church? If so, what denomination/type of church is it?

14. What needs do you have that you hope that GCM can help meet?

15. Please share any other comments or thoughts.

Sincerely,
The GCM Admin Team
admins@gentlechristianmothers.com
If you need assistance, please contact admins@gentlechristianmothers.com
Old 01-27-2009, 04:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

WOW! Those are some paranoid mommys

A bunch of missinformed mommys who surround themselves with the same
Old 01-27-2009, 04:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

What kind of jelly was she using?????????

LSU Horticulture Degree
Commercial State License
Turf and Ornamental Spray License

Spray Services offered:
-Insect Control
-Fertilization
-Weed Control
-Disease Control
-Soil Testing
Old 01-27-2009, 08:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KACYDS View Post
What kind of jelly was she using?????????
Better yet, where in the heck did she get the knife that she's spreading the peanut butter and jelly with!?!?
Old 01-27-2009, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Member

and still the mommy is useing products that we fert. spray and keep insect free, (wheat, peanuts, and berrys) but soon as she sees us using them we get the bad rap.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Those gentle christian mothers probably have no idea that their husbands are probably applying the same stuff to their own lawns, from the hardware store, in shorts and flip flops. They probably walk right into their houses with the chemicals on them and kiss their obviously frigid wives on the cheek on their way out to the strip club so they can actually see some action...

There will always be people like those (the chemical phobics). Some are a LOT worse, and many cities are siding with them because they are causing the most problems.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:25 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I was gonna say...She better be more worried about the PEANUT BUTTER than the chems the lawn guy was spraying! Of course, if the kids contract salmonella from the peanut butter, it will be the lawn guy's fault.

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:38 AM
LawnSite Member

Short story,
A few years back I treated the lawn at a daycare with fert and liquid weed control. Prenotified, posted all legal. Late that afternoon we got a call at the office a child was having an alergic reaction and was in the emergency room. We had obviously poisoned him. I faxed MSDS sheets and application information. I pictured loosing my business and home, walking the streets in shame for the rest of my life.

It turned out that the child had an allergy to dandilionsnot the weed control.
We apply pesticides for more than just asthetic reasons.
Removing flowering weeds from children's play areas reduces bee stings on bare feet.
How about Lyme desease?
When applied in accordance with label instructions the risks are minimal.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:08 PM
LawnSite Member

my fav was the one that told me the organic fert i put out caused her dog to go into a coma for three days. what a wackjob!