Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-27-2009, 03:47 PM
LawnSite Member

New to hardscapes

Hello, Ive owned a landscape and lawncare company for years but i have never branched out to hardscapes. We've done some flagstone sidewalks and stone work in landscape beds but thats about it. I would really like to learn how to lay pavers. Where can i get started? I have a pretty good idea of how to prep the site. What i need to learn is how to cut the pieces and where to start laying the blocks (inside or outside)? What type of sand to fill the joints? Thanks for any advice
Old 01-28-2009, 09:26 PM
LawnSite Member

I just got started last year after doing my own 1100 sq ft patio. What I did was went straight to my local wholesaler/retailer and asked for help. They've been my best resourse helping me with everything including design ideas, installation techniques, marketing, etc. I also got in contact with the local sales rep for the product i use and he was more than happy to work with me and answere my questions. As for actual install procedures, there are countless books, manuals, and seminars available...they all say pretty much the same thing. Most manufacturers have online resources that go step by step throught exactly what your looking for. If a homeowner can do it, I'm sure you can to...I DID!