Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-06-2009, 05:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Dusty,

Good advice.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:41 PM
LawnSite Member

I can always come up with a solution for money issues, may not be the easiest approach, but if they don't have the $$, then they better have patience!
Old 02-06-2009, 05:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Soil test or read the weeds, then amend accordingly(as the budget permits), if you can time it right no nukes are necessary, provide the proper growing environment for the desired turf and seed seed seed, or talk the customer into recommissioning the weedy or problem part of the lawn into a bed/garden area.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prolawnservice View Post
Soil test or read the weeds, then amend accordingly(as the budget permits), if you can time it right no nukes are necessary, provide the proper growing environment for the desired turf and seed seed seed, or talk the customer into recommissioning the weedy or problem part of the lawn into a bed/garden area.
This is exactly how I approach my existing landscape customers, one just has to be creative with their approach and show the customer that you are concerned about their situation. Great answer and thank you Prolawn!
Old 02-06-2009, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
nice......
Old 02-06-2009, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I agree. Do what is necessary to get rid of the weeds, but more importantly, establish a healthy soil and high density turf.

Of course the preferred solution is get rid of the turf!