Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-06-2009, 11:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherlawnguy View Post
I get calls all the time for HOA's, condos and other commercial crap, and I wouldnt touch it with a 10 foot pole.

I have had helpers in the past and sure it helps, but overall I enjoy it much more being solo.
I dumped my last commercial account last season. It was a condo association. Total PITA! Not worth my health! Ive thought and thought about getting big, hustling commercial.

When it comes right down to it...Im satisfied with my little weed infested working class not very attractive lawns. They give a piss if there are stripes. They just want me there every week and they want me to talk to them and treat them like I give a crap.

As for help....Ill keep it all in the family. Son, nephews, brother... Thats how Ill run it...lean mean and simple.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenbowLawn View Post
ok this is going to sound rude but nobody has evan came close to answering the question. I know how many I can do in a day. My question was "what is or what do you think the biggest job size that a solo person could complete in a day"? An example would be something like mowing an elementary school or something.

Is there a solo operation doing this?
Perhaps if you had worded the question properly, you would have received your answer. The question as posed the second time is impossible to answer. What equipment do you have? Just the one mower? Are you using a backpack or hand held blower? Are you trimming or edging or both? What are the specifics of the job?

The best answer you are going to get is to estimate how much you can do in an hour and then take it case by case.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenbowLawn View Post
ok this is going to sound rude but nobody has evan came close to answering the question. I know how many I can do in a day. My question was "what is or what do you think the biggest job size that a solo person could complete in a day"? An example would be something like mowing an elementary school or something.

Is there a solo operation doing this?
your answer was answered several times, it's not what, like an elementry school, it's the size of the prperty.....most zero turns can mow 4 acres an hour, understand that doesn't include bagging, trimming, blowing off everything, I have a 2 acre lot, takes me 1hr and 15 mins to cut trim and blow everything, I have an acre lot that takes the same amount of time because they have a ton of flower beds, a long drive that needs trimming on both sides, which means I'm walking and blowing that....you may have a 5000 sq ft' lot, ton of flower beds that they want edged everytime you go....great for you because you charge more for it....but that takes more time.....so your question was answered, maybe you just asked the wrong question
Exmark Metro 36 WB
Kawasaki KRB750B Blower< Don't buy one!
Echo 403 Blower
Echo SRM 210 x2
6.5 x 12 Trailer