Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-04-2002, 12:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Scott's Fertilizer

Anyone use Scott's Fertilizer, sold everywhere? How bout GrubEx? or is everyone using Lesco. The reason I say this is that the product is cheaper, and seems to work well for alot of people...just wonder if anyone commerical uses it.
Old 03-04-2002, 11:28 PM
Senior Moderator

We used Scotts fertilizer on our own lawn before we became licensed, and it worked well. Our lawn was always green and healthy, no problems.

Is there better out there? We shall experiment and find out.

This year we will be using the Lesco brand. We've read a lot about it on this forum, so that's what we will be applying. It's going to be a trial and error to see what works best for us.

I'd also like to know who uses Scotts commercially. I rarely see it mentioned here.
Old 03-05-2002, 10:32 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Before I started my business I walked through a Steins garden center store and looked at Scott's products and prices. Anyways, I buy all my product from Spring Valley Turf products right near my home, also Vogel Seed Co., And I don't know how it would be possible to buy a Scott's product and be competitive with pricing. They are about twice the cost of what I pay and about half the percentages of what is in them.
I have heard they are a good product, but however you slice it, products that are available to the general public do not contain the percentage of chemicals or ingredients so to speak, that commercial products do.