Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #481  
Old 11-22-2012, 10:04 PM
RSK Property Maintenance's Avatar
RSK Property Maintenance RSK Property Maintenance is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Manchester,CT
Posts: 1,374


every damn day! 271,000 miles and counting, i average 1500 miles a month with it, I may look into a luxury sedan for a comfortable daily driver non work related next year if things keep going the way they are. I was thinking either caddilac cts v or maserati quattroporte both about 50,000 cars lightly used, and have very nice features. I was also thinking about picking up a vw tdi golf or jetta to drive to do estimates in and to take some of the wear and tear off my f350, but thinking about it more I would be spending 5-6000 to "save" money on fuel. not sure how great of an idea it really is, especially with registering it, property taxes, insurance and maintenance on that vehicle too.
__________________
fully lic. and ins. 10yrs exp.

Last edited by RSK Property Maintenance; 11-22-2012 at 10:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #482  
Old 11-23-2012, 08:27 AM
S-205's Avatar
S-205 S-205 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,186
Ron, your Rubi is coming together very nicely! Like the new Kevlars let us know when you test them out on dirt and rocks.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #483  
Old 11-23-2012, 08:30 AM
tnmtn's Avatar
tnmtn tnmtn is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NE Tn.
Posts: 991
Very nice truck RSK
__________________
'78 Chevy C65 Dump
'94 F-350 7.3 IDI
Bobcat B300
Root Grapple
Box Blade
12" & 24" backhoe buckets
TT300E
Dingo TX425
GRI
Reply With Quote
  #484  
Old 11-23-2012, 08:34 AM
bobcat_ron's Avatar
bobcat_ron bobcat_ron is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Abbotsford, British Columbia
Posts: 9,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T.T. View Post
Ron, your Rubi is coming together very nicely! Like the new Kevlars let us know when you test them out on dirt and rocks.
Lots of trail rigs use them, they are being toted as all terrain, even though they are mud terrain. I was thumbing through a Jeep magazine and read 6 articles with builds of trail and daily driver rigs and they all had the same Good Year Kevlars.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #485  
Old 11-23-2012, 08:48 AM
S-205's Avatar
S-205 S-205 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,186
Yeah I've read a few things about them on extreme4x4 and stuff. And alot of guys on Project JK run them. You should subscribe to wayalife on Youtube, his project JK vids are awesome!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #486  
Old 11-23-2012, 08:57 AM
bobcat_ron's Avatar
bobcat_ron bobcat_ron is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Abbotsford, British Columbia
Posts: 9,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T.T. View Post
Yeah I've read a few things about them on extreme4x4 and stuff. And alot of guys on Project JK run them. You should subscribe to wayalife on Youtube, his project JK vids are awesome!
Wayalife aka Eddie is a dick, he's a communist at heart, on trails he will not allow any pics taken by "outsiders" of his Jeep and he loves the ban button on his forum. He gets paid heavily by the sponsors. All his friends are just hanging out with him so they don't end up getting banned and ostracized. Eddie is like that popular b*itch in high school with all her friends at the top of the pecking order, and if 1 friend disagrees with the head b*tch, she's gone.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #487  
Old 11-23-2012, 06:56 PM
Cornell Cornell is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: MN
Posts: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post
Wayalife aka Eddie is a dick, he's a communist at heart, on trails he will not allow any pics taken by "outsiders" of his Jeep and he loves the ban button on his forum. He gets paid heavily by the sponsors. All his friends are just hanging out with him so they don't end up getting banned and ostracized. Eddie is like that popular b*itch in high school with all her friends at the top of the pecking order, and if 1 friend disagrees with the head b*tch, she's gone.
Posted via Mobile Device
Sounds like a cool guy!
Reply With Quote
  #488  
Old 11-24-2012, 12:07 AM
RSK Property Maintenance's Avatar
RSK Property Maintenance RSK Property Maintenance is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Manchester,CT
Posts: 1,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnmtn View Post
Very nice truck RSK
thanks, It gets washed about once every 2 months or so, unless we have a snow storm then it gets washed off after i'm done plowing. no wax ever. how do you like your 94 7.3 idi, I might be going to look at f350 dump with a fisher mm plow 7.3 idi and mint dumb bed for 2500 in nh
__________________
fully lic. and ins. 10yrs exp.
Reply With Quote
  #489  
Old 11-24-2012, 08:54 AM
weesa20 weesa20 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSK Property Maintenance View Post


every damn day! 271,000 miles and counting, i average 1500 miles a month with it, I may look into a luxury sedan for a comfortable daily driver non work related next year if things keep going the way they are. I was thinking either caddilac cts v or maserati quattroporte both about 50,000 cars lightly used, and have very nice features. I was also thinking about picking up a vw tdi golf or jetta to drive to do estimates in and to take some of the wear and tear off my f350, but thinking about it more I would be spending 5-6000 to "save" money on fuel. not sure how great of an idea it really is, especially with registering it, property taxes, insurance and maintenance on that vehicle too.
Test drove 2011 CTS-V auto (coupe and sedan) and hated them. Was driving a 2010 grand sport corvette at the time and the CTS-Vs feel like under powered fat pigs which is what they are compared to the GS Vette. Auto shifter is crap- seemed to take a day and a half to shift.

Traded in the GS (had a baby...) for a 2012 VW Toureg TDI which I love so far.
__________________
ExMark Commercial 30
Toro 22"
Stihl FS250- Grass blade
Stihl FS110R- Edger/135* Bar Hedge trimmer
HS 81T
Stihl FS110R- string
Stihl 290 Farm Boss 20" bar
Stihl 361 25" bar
Stihl HT101 Pole Saw
Stihl MM55
Stihl BG86
Stihl BR550
2004 Massey Ferguson GC2300- 2350 Loader w/ toothbar, 60" Kioti Aerator, 48" dethatcher, 60" back blade, 48" box blade, 3PTH pallet forks/carry all, 48" lawn roller
Reply With Quote
  #490  
Old 11-24-2012, 04:49 PM
S-205's Avatar
S-205 S-205 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post
Wayalife aka Eddie is a dick, he's a communist at heart, on trails he will not allow any pics taken by "outsiders" of his Jeep and he loves the ban button on his forum. He gets paid heavily by the sponsors. All his friends are just hanging out with him so they don't end up getting banned and ostracized. Eddie is like that popular b*itch in high school with all her friends at the top of the pecking order, and if 1 friend disagrees with the head b*tch, she's gone.
Posted via Mobile Device
Haha well then he probably is a ******bag, but they make quality wheeling videos so I watch them.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:53 AM.

Page generated in 0.08309 seconds with 8 queries