Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-22-2012, 10:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

every damn day! 271,000 miles and counting, i average 1500 miles a month with it, I may look into a luxury sedan for a comfortable daily driver non work related next year if things keep going the way they are. I was thinking either caddilac cts v or maserati quattroporte both about 50,000 cars lightly used, and have very nice features. I was also thinking about picking up a vw tdi golf or jetta to drive to do estimates in and to take some of the wear and tear off my f350, but thinking about it more I would be spending 5-6000 to "save" money on fuel. not sure how great of an idea it really is, especially with registering it, property taxes, insurance and maintenance on that vehicle too.

Last edited by RSK Property Maintenance; 11-22-2012 at 10:10 PM.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:27 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Ron, your Rubi is coming together very nicely! Like the new Kevlars let us know when you test them out on dirt and rocks.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:30 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Very nice truck RSK
Root Grapple
Box Blade
12" & 24" backhoe buckets
TT300E
Dingo TX425
GRI
Old 11-23-2012, 08:34 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T.T. View Post
Ron, your Rubi is coming together very nicely! Like the new Kevlars let us know when you test them out on dirt and rocks.
Lots of trail rigs use them, they are being toted as all terrain, even though they are mud terrain. I was thumbing through a Jeep magazine and read 6 articles with builds of trail and daily driver rigs and they all had the same Good Year Kevlars.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-23-2012, 08:48 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah I've read a few things about them on extreme4x4 and stuff. And alot of guys on Project JK run them. You should subscribe to wayalife on Youtube, his project JK vids are awesome!
Old 11-23-2012, 08:57 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T.T. View Post
Yeah I've read a few things about them on extreme4x4 and stuff. And alot of guys on Project JK run them. You should subscribe to wayalife on Youtube, his project JK vids are awesome!
Wayalife aka Eddie is a dick, he's a communist at heart, on trails he will not allow any pics taken by "outsiders" of his Jeep and he loves the ban button on his forum. He gets paid heavily by the sponsors. All his friends are just hanging out with him so they don't end up getting banned and ostracized. Eddie is like that popular b*itch in high school with all her friends at the top of the pecking order, and if 1 friend disagrees with the head b*tch, she's gone.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-23-2012, 06:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post
Wayalife aka Eddie is a dick, he's a communist at heart, on trails he will not allow any pics taken by "outsiders" of his Jeep and he loves the ban button on his forum. He gets paid heavily by the sponsors. All his friends are just hanging out with him so they don't end up getting banned and ostracized. Eddie is like that popular b*itch in high school with all her friends at the top of the pecking order, and if 1 friend disagrees with the head b*tch, she's gone.
Posted via Mobile Device
Sounds like a cool guy!
Old 11-24-2012, 12:07 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnmtn View Post
Very nice truck RSK
thanks, It gets washed about once every 2 months or so, unless we have a snow storm then it gets washed off after i'm done plowing. no wax ever. how do you like your 94 7.3 idi, I might be going to look at f350 dump with a fisher mm plow 7.3 idi and mint dumb bed for 2500 in nh
Old 11-24-2012, 08:54 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSK Property Maintenance View Post

every damn day! 271,000 miles and counting, i average 1500 miles a month with it, I may look into a luxury sedan for a comfortable daily driver non work related next year if things keep going the way they are. I was thinking either caddilac cts v or maserati quattroporte both about 50,000 cars lightly used, and have very nice features. I was also thinking about picking up a vw tdi golf or jetta to drive to do estimates in and to take some of the wear and tear off my f350, but thinking about it more I would be spending 5-6000 to "save" money on fuel. not sure how great of an idea it really is, especially with registering it, property taxes, insurance and maintenance on that vehicle too.
Test drove 2011 CTS-V auto (coupe and sedan) and hated them. Was driving a 2010 grand sport corvette at the time and the CTS-Vs feel like under powered fat pigs which is what they are compared to the GS Vette. Auto shifter is crap- seemed to take a day and a half to shift.

Traded in the GS (had a baby...) for a 2012 VW Toureg TDI which I love so far.
Stihl FS110R- Edger/135* Bar Hedge trimmer
HS 81T
Stihl FS110R- string
Stihl 290 Farm Boss 20" bar
Stihl 361 25" bar
Stihl HT101 Pole Saw
Stihl MM55
Stihl BG86
Stihl BR550
2004 Massey Ferguson GC2300- 2350 Loader w/ toothbar, 60" Kioti Aerator, 48" dethatcher, 60" back blade, 48" box blade, 3PTH pallet forks/carry all, 48" lawn roller
Old 11-24-2012, 04:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
Haha well then he probably is a ******bag, but they make quality wheeling videos so I watch them.