Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-10-2009, 10:21 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnprosteveo View Post
Ive had a pair of the old school Timberlands for about 6 months and have been happy with them. Danners have been good too.

Danners are awesome !!! Doesn't Danner make logging boots too?

That is who made some boots for the US Military.

God, I can't believe I sold boots in College, glad I didn't turn out like Al Bundy.

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuallyVette View Post
My favorite boots are Vasque Boots (Sundowners) I've been buying them since 1978. They use to be made in Italy ($270 in 1978) now they're about $160, but made in China, and not nearly the same boot. I've tried several other brands, but I haven't found any I liked better.
I had the Vasque Sundowners for many years, but you are right, they went downhill quickly once they moved the production out. Now, I use the "Alico" boots, made in Italy. An outstanding boot, made the old fashion way.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

sole train

I used to wear Redwing before switching to Danner for the last few pair. Danners are super comfortable out of the box. They make good snake boots too. I've got a stack of both brands in the closet that have good leather, but the soles wore out in 6 months. I may have to look into resoling.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Since all I do is spray and fertilize, I needed a waterproof shoe. Tried these LaCrosse Hawthorne, and they are the most comfortable shoe I ever worn. It does an excellent job keeping your feet dry.

Bought them at the begining of last year, and they still have plenty sole on them for this year.
Attached Images

LSU Horticulture Degree
Commercial State License
Turf and Ornamental Spray License

Spray Services offered:
-Insect Control
-Fertilization
-Weed Control
-Disease Control
-Soil Testing
Old 02-10-2009, 08:09 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_incircuit View Post
I had the Vasque Sundowners for many years, but you are right, they went downhill quickly once they moved the production out. Now, I use the "Alico" boots, made in Italy. An outstanding boot, made the old fashion way.
I hadn't heard of Alico boots. I googled them. They have good deals at Sierra Trading Post. I've bought stuff from them before...a good deal.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I wear LawnGrips. They are by far the most comfortable boot I have ever worn. I feel better knowing that there is a steel toe, and they are reasonably waterproof. I like the sole design; it gives me pretty good traction. The sole is somewhat soft/gummy like some of the Red Wings so they don't last forever, but the softness adds to the cushioning. They are very roomy in the toe area, so my toes don't feel like they need to be liberated at the end of the day. Not cheap, but well worth it.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:00 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLAWNS View Post
I get Brahmas from Walmart. They're like $30 or $40 and I go through a couple a season, but I've had better boots and I've trashed them just as quick. So I just get the Wal-mart ones because they're cheap and comfortable.

Yea ive got a pair of them, they are comfortable and have lasted me two years now, the only issue ive had is the insole (i think, the part your foor stands on lol) came loose, but i epoxied it down and went back to work!
Old 02-11-2009, 09:22 AM
LawnSite Member

Ive been using Terra boots....got a couple of years out of them.
http://www.terrafootwear.com/buy/index.php
Been using this style
http://www.terrafootwear.com/product...page=0&pid=533
and will be starting the season with a new pair.

Made in Canada to boot.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:52 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I've had everything from Wal-Mart to LawnGrips to Merrells, etc.. For the past three years I've only had RedWings and won't buy anything else.

I bought a pair of RedWings last August and lately, the sole has started to split in the side. Very unusual. I stopped by the RedWing store yesterday and showed them. No questions asked, they swapped them out for a new pair on the spot.

Top quality, comfort, and customer service. You don't find that too often these days.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:25 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosparkplugs View Post
Red Wing boots & shoes are all my feet have known since I was 16. I have each boot resoled as needed. With some TLC Red Wing leather uppers will last? dare I say forever; cause I cannot wear my uppers out.

Red Wing "WORX" are made in china for Red Wing, and cannot be resoled

All Red Wing boots are made in USA, and can be resoled for around $75.00 that includes a Vibram sole
Wow, something we agree on NSP . Redwing is the best boot I've ever owned. Wife is now a believer too!