Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-16-2009, 11:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Tim,
I have not used the ABT product. If possible could you take some pictures of your application tomorrow and post them here? It would be better than just seeing a brochure for the product. Thanks!

Keith
Old 06-16-2009, 11:42 PM
LawnSite Member

I hear ABT's Motion Sensor is due out very soon have not heard of any real issues with it. I just helped a contractor control some 110 volt lighting with it and have another contractor ready to control some 110 volt and 230 volt waterfall pumps on a project. Keith check out there website they have a video of how to install the product. It is actually very easy to install after doing it just once.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:29 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

djt,
Thanks for the info!
Old 06-17-2009, 01:31 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

The range is AMAZING. Atleast 300' with no direct line of sight.

Pricey but will use again.

Also wish they would make an all on button
Old 06-17-2009, 04:43 PM
LawnSite Member

It's the small gauge wires that make the connection to the terminals that has me concerned. Also to me, it seems like failure city. The site did mention some of the other transmitters are limited to 100'. Sorry, I'm just not a fan of RF tech. If all the waves in the air had color, nobody would be able to see the tip of their nose. Maybe when they use more microwave tech. i'll get curious again. But, I guess if you guys are having good luck with it I'll keep my eye on it too.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:24 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by klkanders View Post
Tim,
I have not used the ABT product. If possible could you take some pictures of your application tomorrow and post them here? It would be better than just seeing a brochure for the product. Thanks!

Keith
My FOLD delivery didn't make it today so I will get some photos for you tomorrow David.

Tim Ryan
Lite4 Outdoor Lighting
www.lite-4.com
Old 06-17-2009, 06:25 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spilllight View Post
It's the small gauge wires that make the connection to the terminals that has me concerned. Also to me, it seems like failure city. The site did mention some of the other transmitters are limited to 100'. Sorry, I'm just not a fan of RF tech. If all the waves in the air had color, nobody would be able to see the tip of their nose. Maybe when they use more microwave tech. i'll get curious again. But, I guess if you guys are having good luck with it I'll keep my eye on it too.
ABT also make the medic alert tags. You the "I've fallen and I can't get up" technology. It has to be incredibly reliable. This is what I have been told anyway.

Tim Ryan
Lite4 Outdoor Lighting
www.lite-4.com
Old 06-17-2009, 08:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spilllight View Post
Spill are you speaking of the wiring on the ABT?

I tested the range on it having a display set up in the back of the supply house went outside to the main street at least 750 foot away in front of another office building with no clear line of sight and worked like a champ. I can not see this having issue working on a Residential system.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:12 AM
LawnSite Member

I am speaking of the ABT wiring. If you have a common terminal loaded with LV wires then put ABT wires between the common and the LV lines will they be able to handle the Amps?

The transmition you mentioned is impressive. Thanks for the reply.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:52 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

The ABT will handle 900 watts between 3 circuits. Each circuit handles 300 watts for individual control.

Tim Ryan
Lite4 Outdoor Lighting
www.lite-4.com