Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-11-2009, 01:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampy View Post
I like the strips, the wall though could use some plants on top and bottom of it but it looks good. But the picture with the pine trees holy mulch batman! Thats a big bed.
The family I did the wall for wanted to wait on plants or else there would have been some so it wasn't so plain. An yes that was a pretty big bed haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassman177 View Post
nice stripes. if you dont, make sure to put some different patterns(directions) in those lawns too so you dont rut the ground too bad. they look really good though. iis it me or is the wall leaning forward? welcome and enjoy our sick humor!
I know what you're saying. On all my lawns I switch is up usually weekly. I do this particular one the other way as well it just really shows up when I mow it the way I do so it's hard to see my other patterns from this angle.

The wall does sort of look like it's leaning in that picture. Turst me, I have looked it over and over and it is just mis leading in the pic. At the back of the wall towards the house I had to bring the block in a bit so there wasn't a gap between the house and the wall, I'm not sure if I like how that turned out. It was my first retaining wall I have ever done so I think it came out okay. Thanks guys!