Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-12-2009, 11:38 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorblades View Post
ProstreetCamaro;I hadn't seen any postings from you for a while, just wondering if you've been gone or just taking a sabatical LOA
Yah I was thinking the same, have you been on BITOG
Old 02-12-2009, 11:42 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

HAHA nah in the off season I dont bother to visit this site to much. Later winter through the middle of summer is when I am most active on here.
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)
Old 02-12-2009, 11:45 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonAyersMotorsports View Post
Key words in your mind. There are forums up here about every mower bad and good. Keep these kinds of statements to yourself. I don't like Gravely but I'm not talking smack about them.

I will bad mouth hustler all I want. Till they design a better deck that cuts northern grass well they are useless to me. 24 years in this business and I have seen a grand tottal of 1 hustler on a trailer in our area. We have a hustler dealer 2 miles from us and I laughed in his face last spring when he quoted me prices.

Whats not to like about gravely? They are built like tanks and they cut good in all conditions. We have owned mowers from just about every big brand and we always return to gravely.
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)
Old 02-12-2009, 11:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Price? Hustler makes one of the Cheapest Commercial mowers out there. But I assume he would say Gravely makes the cheapest and best mower. If that were the case how come they aren't number 1 in nation wide sales? I guess a company like Toro and Exmark(who is number 1 in sales) doesn't know what their doing.

The last time I checked their fastest growing competition was Hustler, especially with Hustler now producing Golf Course Equipment. So they must be doing something right.

Nothing makes me madder than someone voicing there opinion as if it were FACT!!!

I believe Hustler, Toro, Exmark, Gravely and Scag all make good mowers. But when were spending $6,000-12,000 dollars we want the best. That's why we compare.

Derek's (Me) Personal Equipment

STIHL MS230 C-BE ON WISH LIST!
STIHL HS 45 18" (2008)
STIHL FS 80R (2001)
STIHL SH 86 (2009)
STIHL MM 55 YARD BOSS (2008)
YARD BOSS EQUIPPED W/
EDGER ATTACHMENT/AERATOR/WEIGHT KIT/TILLER
HONDA HRR216VKA (2008)
2010 Toyota Tundra SR5
Better Built 6x12 Trailer
Old 02-12-2009, 11:46 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStreetCamaro View Post
HAHA nah in the off season I dont bother to visit this site to much. Later winter through the middle of summer is when I am most active on here.
Good to have you back
Old 02-12-2009, 11:48 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Price? Hustler makes one of the Cheapest Commercial mowers out there. But I assume he would say Gravely makes the cheapest and best mower. If that were the case how come they aren't number 1 in nation wide sales? I guess a company like Toro and Exmark(who is number 1 in sales) doesn't know what their doing.

The last time I checked their fastest growing competition was Hustler, especially with Hustler now producing Golf Course Equipment. So they must be doing something right.

Nothing makes me madder than someone voicing there opinion as if it were FACT!!!

I believe Hustler, Toro, Exmark, Gravely and Scag all make good mowers. But when were spending $6,000-12,000 dollars we want the best. That's why we compare.
Sorry, Ron Bad Boy got everyone beat on price & quality, Frankly I was not impressed with Hustler Super Z, when I drove up with the big AOS diesel the dealer was like WOW, and had to finally gave the Bad Boy praise. See most dealers are seeing the Tractor Supply BB pup out their; which is no different that Hustler selling their low end ZTR's at Sam's

Last edited by nosparkplugs; 02-12-2009 at 11:54 AM.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:50 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosparkplugs View Post
Sorry, Ron Bad Boy got everyone beat on price
I bet with using Briggs Engines and less deck and frame quality. Not to mention much smaller Pumps. But for the money I will agree they are good mowers. But not to be compared with the big market names.

As for ProStreetCamaro check out the NEW XR-7 decks. 6" deep not to mention overkill construction. As for your local dealer maybe he's trying to get full retail. Down in the south we know better. Retail is a fantasy. It's like thinking I'm going to bring home my gross paycheck.

STIHL HS 45 18" (2008)
STIHL FS 80R (2001)
STIHL SH 86 (2009)
YARD BOSS EQUIPPED W/
HONDA HRR216VKA (2008)
2010 Toyota Tundra SR5
Old 02-12-2009, 12:02 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
I bet with using Briggs Engines and less deck and frame quality. Not to mention much smaller Pumps. But for the money I will agree they are good mowers. But not to be compared with the big market names.

As for ProStreetCamaro check out the NEW XR-7 decks. 6" deep not to mention overkill construction. As for your local dealer maybe he's trying to get full retail. Down in the south we know better. Retail is a fantasy. It's like thinking I'm going to bring home my gross paycheck.

BB has the widest selection of engines & engine brands, liquid cooling, air cooled, diesel. In the past ZTR companies hog tie you with limited power options

The BB frame is the strongest in the industry period, deck too at 3/4" thick deck thicker than Scag or 7-Iron. At least do some more research on the enemy

I also can call BB directly for any parts or questions no middle man(dealer), and free shipping to my shop. That is unheard of in this industry, directly dealing with the Company or a BB engineers, and they answer their phones I also have two local BB dealers within driving range, but I have no need for them. I love the underdog, or the new top of the food chain mower

Last edited by nosparkplugs; 02-12-2009 at 12:06 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Bad boys are only that thick on the front side and an XR-7 deck kills that in thickness. Maybe you should do some research. And they also over a wide variety of engines Kohler, Kawasaki, Honda, and Shibaura diesel. Not to mention air cooled, liquid cooled, and fuel injected options. Trust me I research all my competition.

But Nosparkplugs I'm going to stop this. Because you don't know when. There's no winning with you. You think you right about everything and its expected from you. I will say some things you are right about, but most are just opinions. And opinions are like arse wholes everyone has one and some are just bigger than others.

STIHL HS 45 18" (2008)
STIHL FS 80R (2001)
STIHL SH 86 (2009)
YARD BOSS EQUIPPED W/
HONDA HRR216VKA (2008)
2010 Toyota Tundra SR5
Old 02-12-2009, 12:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

[QUOTE=RonAyersMotorsports;2765200]I bet with using Briggs Engines and less deck and frame quality. Not to mention much smaller Pumps. But for the money I will agree they are good mowers. But not to be compared with the big market names.

Are you saying that the Briggs vanguard Big Blocks are cheaper, inferior engines to the Kohler 30 HP engines that Hustler offers on their Super Z? If so, that sounds like an opinion, not based on fact. MY opinion on that is; I would put the quality and reliability of the Big Block Vanguard engines up against the 30 HP Kohler any day. What is the price difference between the 2 engines. Have you looked at the deck and frame on the AOS Model Bad Boy and checked the thickness of the frame rails or performed a "Rockwell Hardness" check on the metal in the frames or deck? If not, what experience have you had with the Bad Boy AOS model to qualify that statement. Are the pumps too small to hold up to the 15 mph speed requirements in the long term? Also, for what its worth, their top 2 models, the AOS and Lightning series have a wide variety of engine choices, including Kawasaki engines. How is that inferior to the "big market names"? I agree that the jury is still out on the cut quality of the decks, but that is somthing that they improve with each new deck. Even the "Big Market Names" have all built and used decks that had their own issues with cut quality. Time will certainly tell whether Bad Boy will become one of the "Big Market Names"

Tags
best ztr , mower , ztr