Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-12-2009, 12:46 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonAyersMotorsports View Post
Bad boys are only that thick on the front side and an XR-7 deck kills that in thickness. Maybe you should do some research. And they also over a wide variety of engines Kohler, Kawasaki, Honda, and Shibaura diesel. Not to mention air cooled, liquid cooled, and fuel injected options. Trust me I research all my competition.

But Nosparkplugs I'm going to stop this. Because you don't know when. There's no winning with you. You think you right about everything and its expected from you. I will say some things you are right about, but most are just opinions. And opinions are like arse wholes everyone has one and some are just bigger than others.
Ron The one Dealer I use locally, sells Walkers, Grasshopper, Hustler, and some Butons. The Super Z with the 30hp Kohler was dang near the price of the AOS diesel the BB ADS deck is a soild 3/4" steel thats the enitre deck, not just the front edge. Tell me why Hustler put the XR-7 deck grease zerks under the deck whats the point??, if theirs zerks it needs to be greased routinely, sometimes more often than you might change blades, so it's a bad design. The Dealer was like stuttering on that BS feature

Locally the Hustler dealer hates the weak Shibaura diesel option, it's hp/torque are equal to a Big block gasburner also their not qualified to work on it either, are you????, and they liked the Cat diesel option better. So Hustler was dead for me. I looked at the Hustler their a good ZTR, but not what I was looking for or the biggest bang for the buck

If I shut up, you just keep talking smack, so my goal is to cancel the BS with the truth?? you just a biased Hustler Dealer wanting free Lawnsite propaganda reign. I am a end-user
Old 02-12-2009, 12:59 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I bet with using Briggs Engines and less deck and frame quality. Not to mention much smaller Pumps. But for the money I will agree they are good mowers. But not to be compared with the big market names.

As for ProStreetCamaro check out the NEW XR-7 decks. 6" deep not to mention overkill construction. As for your local dealer maybe he's trying to get full retail. Down in the south we know better. Retail is a fantasy. It's like thinking I'm going to bring home my gross paycheck.
I know your thinking, where we are in the south a Super Z gives a very good cut at a very fast speed with controls and ride (flex forks and flex seat) second to none.

The BB AOS 35 Cat powered mower rides equally as well due to weight and full four wheel torsion rubber suspension. The controls and maneuverability of the Super Z surpass the AOS, but for comfort and productivity there is not a mower in this class able to compare with either of these machines.

Go to the northern areas of the country and Exmark or Walker will give a more manicured cut in plush, moisture laden limp bladed grass. These are the reason people prefer different mowers in different areas, but this does not make one any better than the other, it is only different applications.

I personally have no need for a manicured cut, I have need for a good cut at a very fast speed with very high productivity. This gives me the most grass cut for the least amount of money spent in fuel and maintenance.

For all you people that are in doubt of what a BB is capable of, you need to demo a 35 hp Cat powered AOS and get the biggest surprise of your life. I am only talking about the 35 AOS, nothing else, when comparing always compare the best to the best. You will be sitting on a machine with the feel of floating across the ground at a speed of 15 mph and cutting grass with very good results.

Everyone has there own opinions, that is what makes the world go around. This does not mean one is actually any better than another, it is only a issue of personal preference in different applications.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Funny BAD BOY ADVERTISES ONLY 1/4" deck thickness not 3/4" on their website. Don't believe me check it out.

http://www.badboymowers.com/view/30

DO YOUR RESEARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO SPARK PLUGS don't false advertise. Mind you that Hustler Triple plates the top side of their decks where each cast iron spindle mounts. 7-ga steel base, then 10 GA, then another 7-ga steel ring on top. WOW THAT's MUCH THICKER THAN 1/4" ISN"T IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Derek's (Me) Personal Equipment

STIHL MS230 C-BE ON WISH LIST!
STIHL HS 45 18" (2008)
STIHL FS 80R (2001)
STIHL SH 86 (2009)
STIHL MM 55 YARD BOSS (2008)
YARD BOSS EQUIPPED W/
EDGER ATTACHMENT/AERATOR/WEIGHT KIT/TILLER
HONDA HRR216VKA (2008)
2010 Toyota Tundra SR5
Better Built 6x12 Trailer

Last edited by RonAyersMotorsports; 02-12-2009 at 01:23 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Nosparkplugs, I have to agree on that one. Their deck is 1/4" thick. Can you imagine the weight of the machine if it had 3/4 " thick deck? They'd have to use 8 ply tires on it! LOL
Old 02-12-2009, 01:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesLandscape View Post
This Z520A is huge. Thanks for all the help.
The Z520A is one of the smallest of their Z-Trak mowers.
I don't know if they are having the same problems with them
as the bigger 800 series has. Maybe a 757 JD would be a better choice.

The best of the best ? .....
I would put Hustler, eXmark, Grasshopper, Toro, Scag, Ferris and
the JD 700 seris at the top.

Middle would be Gravely, Bunton, Dixie Chopper, Bob Cat, Bad Boy and some others.

Bottom would be Cub Cadet.

Last edited by Sammy; 02-12-2009 at 02:02 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:09 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Funny BAD BOY ADVERTISES ONLY 1/4" deck thickness not 3/4" on their website. Don't believe me check it out.

http://www.badboymowers.com/view/30

DO YOUR RESEARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO SPARK PLUGS don't false advertise. Mind you that Hustler Triple plates the top side of their decks where each cast iron spindle mounts. 7-ga steel base, then 10 GA, then another 7-ga steel ring on top. WOW THAT's MUCH THICKER THAN 1/4" ISN"T IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let me correct myself BB decks are 1/4" or 3 gauge thick So their is no need for triplating, or multiple layers of steel. like the rest

John Deere 7-Iron is 3/16" or 7 gauge

Yes I was incorrect on 3/4" for that I appoligize; however Bad Boy still has the thickest decks at 1/4" or 3 gauge on the market period
Old 02-12-2009, 05:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosparkplugs View Post
Let me correct myself BB decks are 1/4" or 3 gauge thick So their is no need for triplating, or multiple layers of steel. like the rest

John Deere 7-Iron is 3/16" or 7 gauge

Yes I was incorrect on 3/4" for that I appoligize; however Bad Boy still has the thickest decks at 1/4" or 3 gauge on the market period
The triplating makes the Hustler the thickest at almost 1/2" thick on the topside. And almost 3/4" thick in the front leading edge. Handsdown the thickest deck on the market no matter what an opinion is. ITS JUST FACT!

Derek's (Me) Personal Equipment

STIHL MS230 C-BE ON WISH LIST!
STIHL HS 45 18" (2008)
STIHL FS 80R (2001)
STIHL SH 86 (2009)
STIHL MM 55 YARD BOSS (2008)
YARD BOSS EQUIPPED W/
EDGER ATTACHMENT/AERATOR/WEIGHT KIT/TILLER
HONDA HRR216VKA (2008)
2010 Toyota Tundra SR5
Better Built 6x12 Trailer
Old 02-12-2009, 05:44 PM
LawnSite Member

WOw, is all this really necessary??
Old 02-12-2009, 05:46 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Price? Hustler makes one of the Cheapest Commercial mowers out there. But I assume he would say Gravely makes the cheapest and best mower. If that were the case how come they aren't number 1 in nation wide sales? I guess a company like Toro and Exmark(who is number 1 in sales) doesn't know what their doing.

The last time I checked their fastest growing competition was Hustler, especially with Hustler now producing Golf Course Equipment. So they must be doing something right.

Nothing makes me madder than someone voicing there opinion as if it were FACT!!!

I believe Hustler, Toro, Exmark, Gravely and Scag all make good mowers. But when were spending $6,000-12,000 dollars we want the best. That's why we compare.

Here is what I can tell you.

1. We have only 2 dealers here in MD and they want almost full retail. Picked up our 160Z last spring for $6400 out the door. Comparable hustler would have been close to 9K out the door.

2. 1 Hustler on 1 trailer in 24 years means they dont sell around here

3. I have been on here a few years and have seen all the poor cut quality and trouble prone hustler threads to know not to buy one. They SUCK in northern fine fescue and leave alot of stringers.

4. I seen alot of them in florida and they cut that crap people down south call grass just fine. Lets face it pretty much anything with a blade that spins fast will cut that stiff bladed crap.

5. Who gives a **** how thick a deck is? We have never bent a deck or wore one out in 24 years.
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)
Old 02-12-2009, 05:50 PM
LawnSite Member

man, this is so dumb, i keep reading cause it gets better by the minute

Tags
best ztr , mower , ztr