Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-12-2009, 06:50 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonAyersMotorsports View Post
The triplating makes the Hustler the thickest at almost 1/2" thick on the topside. And almost 3/4" thick in the front leading edge. Handsdown the thickest deck on the market no matter what an opinion is. ITS JUST FACT!
I hate doing math, so what would the tripleplating on the BB leading edge be 1" armor.

Triplating or laying is a metal forming practice to make up for a weak area. The core XR-7 deck is not 1/4" thick or 3 gauge

We only need to look at the industry first stamped 7 gauge deck AKA the 7-Iron deck; which has zero triplating on the deck top or around the spindles; becuase when the proper thickness or gauage steel is used their simply is no need for triplating, or layering

Bad Boy has taken deck thickness to a new level, no other company offers a thicker deck at 3 gauge. Triplating or layering is for shooring up a thin core deck design with known weak areas all ZTR companies do this expect?? John Deere & Bad Boy.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:17 PM
LawnSite Member

ok this is for mr. pirates landscaping. first off just out of curiosity where in ok are you moving to? second off im not gona get into all the technical crap everyone else is i just want to say i demoed alot of mowers ranging from hustler to scag dixie chopper toro ferris dixon and a few others that i cant think of right now but in the end i went with gravely. it was the best mower for my money and it cut the best. the deck is built very strong and its very fast and comfortable. i havent found anything that i dont like about it. hope this helps...
Old 02-12-2009, 11:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Anybody have any experience with Simplicity ztr's. They seem to be built much like a Ferris and have solid rear rollers for striping. I have a great local dealer, and have to drive much further to the other popular brand dealers. Unless someone can tell me first hand terrible things about Simplicity, I think I'm going to invest. Please, good or bad, let me know. Thanks
Old 02-12-2009, 11:17 PM
LawnSite Member

if i didn't have toro i'd have gravely
Old 02-12-2009, 11:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i would say toro then deere...deere's dealer support is better but their new equipment, so i've heard many of times, is not good...toro has great equipment...i also have both dealers in town
Old 02-13-2009, 07:37 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I am going to tell you to do like I do, and demo as many as you can to see what you like best. Everyone has their own preferences, but the bottom line is- YOU are the only one that can sh$t in your drawers. Please try to demo a Walker Super B unless you have some real rough ground.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:54 AM
LawnSite Member

This thread turned into a turd sandwich.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:34 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

last july i was set to trade my toro time cutter in on a simplicity 50" ZTR. It was used, they were going to rebuild the pumps for me because one was getting a little weak and then they would call when ready, shouldn't be more than a week...... i called after a week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, a month, 2 months and then again about 3 weeks ago before i bought my new wright stander, and they still didn't have the seal kit in, it was on back order.... so i'm not sure if its the dealer, simplicity them selves or the pump manufacturer, but someone was screwing around and they lost a customer because of it
6ft Aluminum Truck Craft Dump Insert
20x8 Atlas Enclosed Trailer
14x 6.5 Tandem Open Landscaping Trailer
1 2011 Walker 23/48
1 36" Scag Belt Drive Fixed Deck walkbehind
2 21" Toro Super Recylers
1 Blue Bird Lawn Dethatcher
1 Classen 30" core aerator
1 Sthil FS 90R (love the 4-mix)
1 Sthil KM 90R with trimmer, edger, poll pruner and tiller
1 Stihl HS 45
1 Stihl BR429
1 Sthil BG 55 D

Old 02-13-2009, 10:35 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info. Gives me something to ask my dealer.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:33 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosparkplugs View Post
I hate doing math, so what would the tripleplating on the BB leading edge be 1" armor.

Triplating or laying is a metal forming practice to make up for a weak area. The core XR-7 deck is not 1/4" thick or 3 gauge

We only need to look at the industry first stamped 7 gauge deck AKA the 7-Iron deck; which has zero triplating on the deck top or around the spindles; becuase when the proper thickness or gauage steel is used their simply is no need for triplating, or layering

Bad Boy has taken deck thickness to a new level, no other company offers a thicker deck at 3 gauge. Triplating or layering is for shooring up a thin core deck design with known weak areas all ZTR companies do this expect?? John Deere & Bad Boy.

The base 7-ga steel construction of a Hustler Z or Super Z is just as thick as your 7-iron. The extra plating isn't due to week areas, but to put customer confidence in their machine. And also to help back up their LIFETIME WARRANTY on their frame and deck. John Deere nor Bad Boy offer a LIFETIME WARRANTY on anything on their machines, because they are not confident it will last a LIFETIME. Hustler also offers a LIFETIME WARRANTY on the stainless steel HYDRALIC LINES they use versus the rubber lines the competitors use.

http://www.badboymowers.com/view/142
http://www.deere.com/en_US/groundsca...WarrantyUS.pdf
http://www.hustlerturf.com/Web-conte...ge/SZpage.html

Again I never said that Bad Boy doesn't make a good machine. If I were as ignorant as some people up here I would state that HUSTLER is the only good machine built. As a MECHANIC I know better. I'm just simply stating when you compare APPLES TO APPLES the contruction of a HUSTLER beats the heck out of the competition. I will say I have never seen but one 7-ga steel deck warped on a Toro mower, equal to the construction of the topside of a 7-iron John Deere deck. It's just nice to know a Hustler is that much thicker.

As for quality cut in NORTHERN Areas, I don't live up north say I can't account for them. I'm sure the GRAVELY's do well. Again never said they were a bad mower either. I spend my time doing APPLES FOR APPLES comparison's not giving ignorant opinions on only what I sell and use.

Derek's (Me) Personal Equipment

STIHL MS230 C-BE ON WISH LIST!
STIHL HS 45 18" (2008)
STIHL FS 80R (2001)
STIHL SH 86 (2009)
STIHL MM 55 YARD BOSS (2008)
YARD BOSS EQUIPPED W/
EDGER ATTACHMENT/AERATOR/WEIGHT KIT/TILLER
HONDA HRR216VKA (2008)
2010 Toyota Tundra SR5
Better Built 6x12 Trailer

Last edited by RonAyersMotorsports; 02-13-2009 at 11:42 AM.

Tags
best ztr , mower , ztr