Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-28-2010, 09:36 PM
LawnSite Member

I have prob with jd 7177 being to heavy BB looks awsome but it is even more heavy than 717 I would like to demo the walkker we have more of them in central ARK than anyother mower just to pricey for my 45 account company /self employed/
work for cash or check/thankful to have job
Old 07-28-2010, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestLawnService View Post
what about toro?? i have all toro and wont have anything else
Talk about over priced ... also, Toro is beginning to have some issues with their new machines !!
2010 LESCO 48" Stand-On
2008 LESCO 36" Hydro WB
2008 Quick 36" Samurai Dually WB
Old 07-29-2010, 12:02 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetree View Post
Talk about over priced ... also, Toro is beginning to have some issues with their new machines !!
Really?

Tell us about them.....
Old 07-29-2010, 12:23 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

My competitor that I seem to always do a lawn near him, well he is pretty big. His crews use the JD ZTR's they don't look really new. They cut lawns next to mine and the lawns look pretty good. They seem to mow very short. Usually mowers with shallow decks only mow good with the deck lowered a lot. I have the Tri vantage and mix that 52 deck with a 27 HP Kohler it cuts good! if you go full speed it does leave strangles. I never really clumps grass unless it's raining.

Cut quality is also based on, GOOD SHARPEN BLADES, SCRAPING THE DECK 100% AND NOT GOING FULL SPEED WHILE CUTTING.

"Money & Power leads to Greed and usually ends with Corruption."

" I don't blame our industry to be looked down at because most of the people either couldn't keep a stable job or were criminals."

" A LEADER will always have more haters than a FOLLOWER."
Old 07-29-2010, 01:12 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by soloscaperman View Post
My competitor that I seem to always do a lawn near him, well he is pretty big. His crews use the JD ZTR's they don't look really new. They cut lawns next to mine and the lawns look pretty good. They seem to mow very short. Usually mowers with shallow decks only mow good with the deck lowered a lot. I have the Tri vantage and mix that 52 deck with a 27 HP Kohler it cuts good! if you go full speed it does leave strangles. I never really clumps grass unless it's raining.

Cut quality is also based on, GOOD SHARPEN BLADES, SCRAPING THE DECK 100% AND NOT GOING FULL SPEED WHILE CUTTING.
I agree Exmarks and wet grass don't mix, but even in wet conditions its not that bad. I needs to scrape my deck more often and spray something under it. The only thing I'vr found my Exmarks hate is Bahiagrass. If its dense I have to make to passes.

But my vote is for 1)Exmark, 2)Scag or 3)Bobcat. I have an older Bobcat walk behind and it still runs and cuts awesome. Stripes just as good as my Exmark too.

The predominant brands around here are Exmark and Scallywags (Scags). I rarely see any other makes, maybe a Gravely every now and then.
RedMax Trimmer
RedMax Hedge Trimmers
5x8 tilt trailer
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Missis...e/151402474671
Old 07-29-2010, 10:23 AM
LawnSite Member

Surprised by the lack of responses about Scag. I think the Velocity deck is the best deck available for all cutting conditions. With all the talk about deck strength, Scag Velocity decks are 7 gauge with a tri-plated, 1/2" deck top. As far as I know they were the first to have the tri-plate deck top feature. Cant warp em.

You want the best? Wait till the fall and get a Scag Cheetah, looks to be an incredible machine. Need something now? Compare a WildCat with a Turf Tiger and pick whichever suits your needs.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:16 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Scag and Exmark rule the roost around here, with Toro pretty close. Can't go wrong with any of those 3.

Originally posted by SLR:
Quote:
you really got off fortunate and lucky 5-0boy1!..imagine if you an her created a little 5boy1,now there's a nicely entangled chaotic toranado vise!
THE VERY BEST SOURCE OF INFO FOR THE GREEN INDUSTRY! ALL YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED!
Old 07-29-2010, 12:33 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Two of my buds have Scags 2003-2007 and they say it cuts better in the wet grass lol. There decks are good but they are heavy machines!!

"Money & Power leads to Greed and usually ends with Corruption."

" I don't blame our industry to be looked down at because most of the people either couldn't keep a stable job or were criminals."

" A LEADER will always have more haters than a FOLLOWER."
Old 09-01-2010, 08:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagmanjosh View Post
Surprised by the lack of responses about Scag. I think the Velocity deck is the best deck available for all cutting conditions. With all the talk about deck strength, Scag Velocity decks are 7 gauge with a tri-plated, 1/2" deck top. As far as I know they were the first to have the tri-plate deck top feature. Cant warp em.

You want the best? Wait till the fall and get a Scag Cheetah, looks to be an incredible machine. Need something now? Compare a WildCat with a Turf Tiger and pick whichever suits your needs.

I was waiting for it too. Scag is def where its at! I have a 31 EFI Turf Tiger. Expensive machine for sure but completely worth it! Bagger system is super nice too! The ease of doing maintenance on it is super convenient! Can't match the cut quality. It really is a tank!
Old 09-02-2010, 09:57 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoritzLandscapeLLC View Post
I was waiting for it too. Scag is def where its at! I have a 31 EFI Turf Tiger. Expensive machine for sure but completely worth it! Bagger system is super nice too! The ease of doing maintenance on it is super convenient! Can't match the cut quality. It really is a tank!
How is the power and fuel consumption on the Aegis?

Tags
best ztr , mower , ztr