Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-01-2009, 12:11 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

also, yes i did see the 2007 prototype and i saw that you guys made an upgrade on the tires which was greatly needed...what i think would make it look better is bigger wheels in general with skinnier tires (like on toro.com under landscape contractor equipment, the riding mower picture)...it's just the new style and i see that companies like wright and grasshopper have switched over to that and it does make the machine look better, what's your opinion on that?

i've also been hearing some talk on a 36" grandstand, think that will be possible?

what are the rules about the fleet pricing as well, i've heard it's a 12 point system with the grandstand being 4 points and i've also heard that you only had to buy two to qualify, could you clarify that for us? thanks again, i do appreciate your help...
Old 03-01-2009, 08:23 AM
LawnSite Member

Toro is a good mower but in the last few years there customer service sucks. I posted on here a few weeks ago about not having a dealer or rep in my area and they asked for some information from me and said that a rep would contact me. Guess what 2 weeks and no call. This is what i have come to accept as customer service from them. yes i know that i am not there only customer but i have bought about 50,000 worth of toro equipment from them in the last 2 years and i cant even get respect enough for them to even call me and tell me where i could see some of there mowers let alone purchase one. I really am disappointed in there customer service.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:47 PM
Sponsor

2000 Model

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurfToppers View Post
got a little more info on the mower its not a 38hp motor a local dealer said 22 or 23 v-twin and its a 2000 model said it books around $2500.00 sound about right?
Pricing for used equipment can vary significantly from one market to another, and it is obviously heavily dependent upon the condition of the equipment. Toro does not provide guidance regarding resale values for any of its landscape contractor equipment, instead leaving it up to the market to decide fair market value.

We can confirm that Toro manufactured a 62” Z Master model powered by a 22 hp liquid-cooled Kawasaki engine in 2000. At the time, the suggested retail price for the model was $10,216. (Note: Toro does not control retail pricing. Toro landscape contractor equipment is sold through independent dealers who set the retail price for the products.)

Thanks - The Toro Company
Old 03-04-2009, 05:37 PM
Sponsor

Additional Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbell36 View Post
also, yes i did see the 2007 prototype and i saw that you guys made an upgrade on the tires which was greatly needed...what i think would make it look better is bigger wheels in general with skinnier tires (like on toro.com under landscape contractor equipment, the riding mower picture)...it's just the new style and i see that companies like wright and grasshopper have switched over to that and it does make the machine look better, what's your opinion on that?

i've also been hearing some talk on a 36" grandstand, think that will be possible?

what are the rules about the fleet pricing as well, i've heard it's a 12 point system with the grandstand being 4 points and i've also heard that you only had to buy two to qualify, could you clarify that for us? thanks again, i do appreciate your help...

Thank you for your comments and additional questions. Following are some remarks regarding the three topics you discussed.

Tires - Both visual and functional considerations are taken into account when selecting tires for our products. We recognize that our customers take pride in the equipment they own and we certainly want to deliver products that are visually appealing, as long as we don’t sacrifice performance in the process. While opinions about appearance can vary widely, I think we would agree that there are cases where the tire style that you describe gives the machine a very nice look.

GrandStand Product Line-up - As we shared when we launched the GrandStand, we have always believed there is an opportunity to expand beyond our initial product offering. While we are not yet prepared to discuss specifics regarding future models, we have been exploring product solutions for contractors who have expressed interest in a smaller cutting deck. Stay tuned for future announcements regarding additions to the model line-up.

Fleet Program - In order to ensure that you receive accurate information regarding fleet pricing, please speak to your local Toro dealer. We apologize for not being able to answer your question directly, but as a manufacturer that sells products through independent dealers, Toro does not control retail pricing. This includes fleet deals, where the local dealer may offer a customized version of the program supported by Toro.

Best of luck, and thanks for your interest.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:38 PM
Sponsor

Customer Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon Lawn View Post
Toro is a good mower but in the last few years there customer service sucks. I posted on here a few weeks ago about not having a dealer or rep in my area and they asked for some information from me and said that a rep would contact me. Guess what 2 weeks and no call. This is what i have come to accept as customer service from them. yes i know that i am not there only customer but i have bought about 50,000 worth of toro equipment from them in the last 2 years and i cant even get respect enough for them to even call me and tell me where i could see some of there mowers let alone purchase one. I really am disappointed in there customer service.
Horizon Lawn, we were sorry to hear about the lapse in communication after our initial contact with you. We checked into your case and understand that a representative followed up with you earlier this week. If this matter still has not been resolved to your satisfaction, please contact us directly at LCEProducts@toro.com. Thank you.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

can you say how long the fleet pricing is suppose to last?

lets say i buy three mowers now to accumulate my 12 points, then in one month i want another will i still get the fleet price? lets say i want another 15 months from now will i get the fleet price? how long does it last?
Old 03-05-2009, 01:59 PM
Sponsor

Fleet Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picasso View Post
can you say how long the fleet pricing is suppose to last?

lets say i buy three mowers now to accumulate my 12 points, then in one month i want another will i still get the fleet price? lets say i want another 15 months from now will i get the fleet price? how long does it last?
Picasso -

The duration of your fleet benefits can vary based upon the details of your initial eligibility. In most cases, you would receive fleet pricing for 12-24 months once you qualify for the program. As a fleet customer, you also have the opportunity to extend your benefits to a total of 36 months by purchasing additional equipment before your initial fleet eligibility expires. Your local Toro dealer should be able to assist you with any specific fleet purchases you may be planning.

Old 03-08-2009, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

what is the minimum % dealers are required to give purchasers under the fleet pricing program?
Old 03-09-2009, 03:20 PM
Sponsor

Fleet Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picasso View Post
what is the minimum % dealers are required to give purchasers under the fleet pricing program?
Because Toro landscape contractor equipment is sold through independent dealers, Toro does not control local pricing or programming. Although a fleet support program is available to all dealers that carry Toro landscape contractor equipment, the fleet program is an elective program that dealers may or may not choose to offer in their respective markets. While most dealers who carry Toro landscape contractor equipment do in fact offer fleet pricing, the discount is determined by the retailer rather than Toro.

Old 03-09-2009, 03:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

23% is what you meant to say right. i just like to ask questions i allready know the answers to just to see who i am working with.