Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-15-2009, 01:32 AM
LawnSite Member

Spring Pre Season Letters to customers

I’ve been searching past threads for quite some time now about sending out preseason letters and I still feel the need to post this and get everyone’s opinions and suggestions. Does anyone have there pre-season letter that they send to there customers that you could post? Also what would be good to put in it? I know basically thank you for your business and I would like to service you again… do you ask them to contact you to continue service or do you ask to contact if they would not like to continue. I have a decent relationship with my customers but I try to keep it strictly professional? so mainly what im asking is can you post the ones you send your customers cause all the ones i have found on the site haven’t really stood out too much to me, or maybe im just not able to find them. Any help would be very appreciated and thanks in advance
Old 02-15-2009, 09:04 AM
LawnSite Member

The only letters we send out are for Lawn Spray customers. We send a letter saying basically, it's time again for a new year, we appreciate your business in the past and look forward to making your lawn look the best in can again this year, listed below is the cost of your program for spraying this year, please send in your payment by Feb. 15 to receive your discount. However if you wish to pay per treatment we will see you soon.

By just telling them we are coming they expect us, I use the "assumed sale" close on all customers, we assume the are still a customer until they call and cancel. Also, our contracts state that the customer must contact us in writing to cancel the lawn service, otherwise we will be out to see them next year also. It has worked great for 19 years.

www.LawnmastersLLPC.com
Old 02-16-2009, 08:58 AM
LawnSite Member

bump... ....
Old 02-16-2009, 11:13 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

We send out Christmas cards. durring the winter months we kind of loose contaic with customers. and just want to reenforce that were still here.

Most of the time in the winter months we service a customers prop. once a month.

it gets expensive sending letters to everyone...
Old 02-17-2009, 12:05 AM
LawnSite Member

yeah but i didnt have any work to do for my customers during the winter and i dont have many since last season was my first year i guess im just going to call of them and touch base that way
Old 02-17-2009, 12:29 AM
LawnSite Member

Ive learned that calling is never a bad idea.. You may feel like you might be bugging them but they do really appreciate a phone call before the Spring.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:03 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrightWay05 View Post
yeah but i didnt have any work to do for my customers during the winter and i dont have many since last season was my first year i guess im just going to call of them and touch base that way
Not sure of your age, or even some of your Customers age, But a phone call saying, Hi how ya doing, and then if the conversation goes kind of dead, tell then Well I was just checking on you, seeing if everything is allright.

Of corse we live in the country. we have several elder customers that live alone, when you do this they think your some kind of God.

While you have them on the phone just say something like how's that grass doing?

Remember we are in the customer service Business. I think what you will find is that people will eat this up.

Best of luck
Old 02-18-2009, 01:24 AM
LawnSite Member

yes thank you for your opinions, im just going to call all of them is it too early to do that or should i wait a little bit longer when they may actually start thinking about the grass? cause right now in tn is still kind of early we usually dont start mowing unitl the end of march first of april.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:39 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

My spring letters were sent out almost a month ago. Just sit down and take the time to compose one. Let people know what have you planned for 2009. Any changes? Any new services? When you plan on starting. And then thank them for their patronage.

Its not that hard.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:02 AM
LawnSite Member

Call them all now!!! and offer to do a Spring clean-up(including trimming shrubs,cutting back lyriope,weeding beds, mulching, ect.) You'll probably be surprised at how many people want something done now. Offer 10% off for this extra work and get out there and make some money. As you grow a letter would be easier than making phone calls to hundreds of customers.

Tags
spring letter