Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-16-2010, 12:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks guys! I look forward to seeing many of you in Feb!

Nedly- I've been doing some clearing work for a landscaper from my town. He is going to let me park my equipment in his yard 5 mins from my house. I've also been spending a lot of time in my truck having meetings every week with the goal of growing my scope of services this year.

I've also got a few more pics and will be taking more this week now that my machines are lettered up.
Attached Images

WWW.ARPLANTE.COM

A.R.Plante on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...0670251?ref=ts

Check Out Our Videos on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/arplante...s?feature=mhee
Old 01-16-2010, 06:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Equipment looks great andrew . Now that you have some time on the 50D would you have wished you got this first as aposed to the 320? Or do you feel that the 320 was the right choice for your mulch contracts?

A.E.L

Excavating, Grading, Demolition, Land Clearing, Custom Grinding Services, Storm water management, Erosion Control.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:14 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I bet thats a great feeling looking back and seeing what all those hard and long days of work have bought you. Keep up the great job man!

"Life is like running a motor grader. You have to look down the road and plan for whats ahead and not down at your feet!"

http://www.youtube.com/user/letsdig18

New facebook fan page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Letsdi...3541611?v=wall

Old 01-16-2010, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I really don't see how lettering your machines will help you get work when you are doing ROW work in the middle of now where. Seriously think about it?
Old 01-16-2010, 10:45 PM
LawnSite Member

i believe that he lettered them for the trade show...but in addition to that he gets exposure from traveling and having the machines on the trailer...and not all of his jobs are in the middle of nowhere...seriously think about it?

i have noticed from talking to him on here a few times that there are very few things that he does with out thinking about them first!
Old 01-17-2010, 12:25 AM
LawnSite Member

If I had all of those payments I would be crying in a corner right now. The letters look good I love the 50d.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:52 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks guys. It is nice to see how far things have come and how much farther I have to go. It certainly makes me feel very grateful for everything that has happened so far.

Sean- The T320 was still the best machine for me to start with. The 50D has been and will always be an accessory machine on ROW work (although it did give me over 2 weeks of work recently on a ROW due to the rough terrain). On the majority of the terrain, the T320 will clear alot more than the 50D. The 50D was one of the value added services that I am starting to offer my customers.

Chris- Thanks! I'm still trying to figure out a way to get your 210 up here with a mulching head. That would be a sweet setup!

Moredirt- Don't worry, I just don't take the pics of me crying in the corner. Those don't work so well for marketing

Ryan- Thanks. You are absolutely right about your assumptions. I don't even bother anymore with explaining my actions. Some people just don't get it.

WWW.ARPLANTE.COM

Check Out Our Videos on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/arplante...s?feature=mhee
Old 01-17-2010, 01:12 AM
LawnSite Member

You have to have your company name on the machines and for what Andrew is doing putting his name on he stick of the excavator would be the best place for it. Or put the name on the side panels of the machines.

The loggers machines are 100s of kilometers from the nearest road and ever piece of machinery has a company name on it.
Old 01-17-2010, 01:14 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

On another note, I just read this story in Compact Equipment the other night: http://www.ceunbound.com/index/webap...-action?id=518.

It got me really thinking about how blessed I have been and how I can start giving back to others. So far I have emailed the individual featured in the article (Tad Agoglia) and the owner of my local Deere dealership about starting up a similar service only with larger equipment that could respond to disasters such as what has happened in Haiti. I have a meeting next week with the owner of the Deere dealership and I want to set up similar meetings with other manufacturers, corporations, and groups who would be interested in supporting an heavy equipment and specialized equipment disaster response service.

I have several people already lined up to join me if I were to start a pro-bono disaster response service but I'm still looking for other individuals, corporations, or groups that might be interested in joining this cause. For example in Haiti, I would like to get a few equipment manufacturers or rental companies to donate the use of a few pieces of large equipment (160-450 size excavators with thumbs, shears, and rotating grapples, 963 size trackloader, D6 size dozer) and compact equipment (T320 size track loaders with grapples and buckets and maybe a 50 size mini excavator if I couldn't get mine down there) equipped for demolition/ severe duty work, generators, fuel, tools, and transport. I have some contacts from college in the shipping industry who I could tap to see if they could help arrange shipping for this equipment with companies like Maersk or Sealand to the island. I have a few operators but could use a few more as well as 1-2 mechanics so that the equipment could run 24/7 to assist the relief efforts.

While such a service might seem far fetched to a lot of people, there has to be a way to respond to disasters like what is happening in Haiti, Hurricane Katrina, the wild fires in the west, and the recent floods and tornados in the midwest. Ideally, I would like to support the large, long term growth of such a service through the continued growth of my company over the next several decades in addition to donations from individuals and corporations. While that is my long term goal, I would like to jump start it now with the contributions of resources from others and myself now. I already spend a lot of time traveling and I feel confident that I can get together a small group of people willing to commit themselves to such a service. If anyone can offer any suggestions about how to grow this type of service, I would be more than willing to listen.

WWW.ARPLANTE.COM

Old 01-17-2010, 01:31 AM
LawnSite Member

ARP- do you have any closeups of the lettering on your trucks doors and tailgate?