Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-17-2010, 11:16 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I like your idea Andrew, but believe me Haiti is a sketchy place. It is going to get bad there! Ive been to Haiti twice and you want constant security on your machines , employees and sleeping quarters. Food and drink is hard to come by so bring lots of your own and lock it up.

My father has a house in the Domn rep (same island as haiti) and he is constantly doing mission work in Haiti. As a mater of fact he is there right now. He knows some higher up people in the UN and before this quake happned, he was trying to get me to do some infrastructure work in Haiti. I know the Us, Canada and the UN have pledged upwardas of a billion dollars (before the quake) to build roads, wells, water treatment, pipe lines, electricity generation, schools , water diversion channels , sea walls , etc

If you get serious about this, let me know. Mabee we can work something out.

A.E.L

Excavating, Grading, Demolition, Land Clearing, Custom Grinding Services, Storm water management, Erosion Control.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:55 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'd like to get involved in someway.. Not sure how I could be of any help but if you need anything I am here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 01-17-2010, 12:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Sean,

I'm very serious about this. I'll send you a PM so we can talk more.

WWW.ARPLANTE.COM

A.R.Plante on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...0670251?ref=ts

Check Out Our Videos on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/arplante...s?feature=mhee
Old 01-17-2010, 12:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Andrew I usually have 2-3 months a year that I could slip away. We could load up and take the barge down the mississippi and keep heading south
Old 01-17-2010, 12:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm all for that Derek. I'll try to arrange the use of a few larger barges to get everything there- might be a little tough taking 10 trips back and forth with your barge to get things there, but it sure would be interesting being out in the gulf with that stuff! I have to see if the Cat dealership in my area can get me in touch with someone higher up in Cat as well to see what kind of support they can provide.

WWW.ARPLANTE.COM

Check Out Our Videos on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/arplante...s?feature=mhee
Old 01-17-2010, 12:45 PM
LawnSite Member

ARP What made you get started with the business that you are in and how did you end up starting? Loans? Or family owner? Or did you work towards it?
Old 01-17-2010, 12:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARP View Post
I'm all for that Derek. I'll try to arrange the use of a few larger barges to get everything there- might be a little tough taking 10 trips back and forth with your barge to get things there, but it sure would be interesting being out in the gulf with that stuff! I have to see if the Cat dealership in my area can get me in touch with someone higher up in Cat as well to see what kind of support they can provide.
Just keep me in the loop, It would be neat to be able to do something like that and help out by doing what we love to do.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Just curious, how much does all that stuff cost per month$ PM me if you want. How much for mower, and please upload vids of it mowing if you could.

BTW, where are you in S. MA? I grew up in Marshfield (aka Marshvegas) and know S. MA real well.

Thanks,

Matt
Curtis Farm
Old 01-17-2010, 01:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

jgibbons- Sorry about not getting back to you about the signs. I couldn't find any close ups of my new truck so I will post some once I take them.

In terms of getting started, I got started through my own personal savings and a $12K contribution from my family. $5K of the 12K was used as working capital and $7K was used as a down payment on my first F450. Since then, all my expansion has been funded through hard work and good connections. I pay 20% or more down on all my large equipment (if I don't buy something like an attachment outright) and the rest is financed through the equipment manufacturer's captive finance arms, allowing me to keep a cash in the bank to cover unexpected expenses and slow periods.

I've loved heavy equipment all my life and I told myself at a young age I would find a way to work with it the rest of my life. So everything that has happened has been a combination of faith, perserverance, a supportive family, good luck, and plain old hard work. I didn't inherit a company and I was only given access to a modest investment (at least in the world of heavy equipment) which has been turned into what you see today. It is because of what I have been blessed with that I feel a burning need to give back to others. I'm excited to see what the future holds.

WWW.ARPLANTE.COM

Old 01-17-2010, 01:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Junior- I didn't forget about you. I will keep you in the loop as things progress. Maybe after you graduate we can figure out hoe to get you involved with something

Derek- Will do. I will definitely keep you informed. I agree, it would be great to help by doing what we love to do!

Curtis- I live in Easton, MA which is about 30-40 mins from Marshfield.

I'll work on getting some mower vids in the future

WWW.ARPLANTE.COM