The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-03-2010, 11:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Last few pics from the end of the day:
Attached Images

WWW.ARPLANTE.COM

A.R.Plante on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...0670251?ref=ts

Check Out Our Videos on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/arplante...s?feature=mhee
Old 03-03-2010, 11:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks good Andrew!

A.E.L

Excavating, Grading, Demolition, Land Clearing, Custom Grinding Services, Storm water management, Erosion Control.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

nice work andrew!

Landscape Contractors
Louisiana Licensed: Landscape/Horticulturist, Commercial Ground Applicator, Arborist, Irrigation Contractor, Utility Arborist

Onsite Sandbagging, Palletized Sandbags & Bulk Totes, Emergency Response, Erosion & StormWater Barriers
Old 03-04-2010, 02:40 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

nice like it arpi but the side box r to big for my liking. what size fuel tanks that? i can get a custom 125gal l tank with cross over box and headach rack all in one
Old 03-04-2010, 05:21 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Nice lookin' work ole bud! I like that toolbox set up, can they be purchased a few inches narrower?

I'm jealous, I wish I were cleanin up pine, not snow! Oh well, its work (and good work at that) We are working on the lines in the sugarbush right now, everything has to be done on snow shoes. My fat ass still busts through and I sink 8 inches or so with the snow shoes on. Makes you tired, sweaty, but tough!
Old 03-04-2010, 08:29 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks guys I like storm work- gotta use physics with a little brute force mixed in to get-r-done

The boxes were custom made, so I'm sure I could get them in whatever dimensions I want. Right now they are 13" wide, and 40" long- basically a little narrower and shorter than stock weatherguard pork chop boxes. I wanted them wide enough to put a full tool box in them and/or my chop saw. Also, I designed them to work with the gooseneck so they don't restrict it's movement.

WWW.ARPLANTE.COM

Check Out Our Videos on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/arplante...s?feature=mhee
Old 03-04-2010, 08:38 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

what kind of filter system do you have on your fuel tank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 03-04-2010, 08:41 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

What a mess that wind made. With the those trees gone, don't be suprised if a few more come down in next hard wind. Maybe the next election I noticed the power box there....Digsafe is free but 3 day window for marking. All those upturned stumps can have roots which go out far and can become entangled in underground utilities....which when broken becomes your problem if you didn't call

That bucket looks brand new. How was the neighborhood in general, wrecked? I see online news stations where people are complaining about storm cleanup scams.

We could really put ARP in a pickle by sending some pics of his trucks and equipment from here to local PDs in affected areas. "Ya, this guy Andrew who does land clearing came to my house....and ...."enter your own comment here"

How long are you still up here for ARP?
Old 03-04-2010, 01:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Junior, it's a Fill-Rite filter system. It has a 40GPM flow rate.

Curtis- Good point about the digsafe thing. I put a call in yesterday, and will be good to go on Monday for any digging on the property. Well it's not what I want, the stumps will not be getting dug out. I'll flush cut them and call it a day. The area is very wet and without the stumps and roots to hold dirt in place, they are going to have a major water problem here.

The bucket is brand new- I have only used the machine with the mower mainly so far. Looking at it right now though, it doesn't look so new

The neighborhood is surprisingly not too bad. A few trees down in people's yards, but nothing like what is in this yard. Got 3 calls already for more work, one of which could be another big project. We'll see how things go.

I'll be up here at least through the middle of next week.

PS- I won't be in too much of a pickle- I'll just run back into the woods on some ROW and be lost for awhile

WWW.ARPLANTE.COM

Old 03-05-2010, 01:20 AM
LawnSite Member

Wow Andrew. I just looked through all 130 pages. did i read every single post word for word? of course not. would much rather see pictures than words. Your work looks absolutly wonderful and you seem to be running and growing your bsuiness absolutly wonderfully. You are a true inspiration. Keep up the great work and keep the PICS coming!