Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-20-2011, 09:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Terraventure- The was about 53k, the upfits another 2k, and the body was 15K. Not a cheap truck but it was built to our needs.
Name:  IMG-Dump in front of mulch pile.jpg
Views: 1092
Size:  90.5 KB

Jelinek61- It's an Iroquois dump body. They're made in VT.

dcl25- You are correct, that is where this yard is located. We will be opening another yard up the road on 14 closer to Whitman. Want some mulch?

P- We can produce 60-80yds/hr of a ground, colored product.

Everything is going through a 1.5" screen on the final pass. Though this is a standard size in my area, most of the material comes out smaller than 1.5" in size.

No radial stacker involved. The big stockpiles piles behind the trucks are pushed up by a loader. No driving on top the piles though The machine on its own can build a pile over 14ft high.

The tub works out to about $5k per day with fuel.

The excavators are not mine. They are in the pit and it is part of my agreement to use them for this work.

WWW.ARPLANTE.COM

A.R.Plante on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...0670251?ref=ts

Check Out Our Videos on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/arplante...s?feature=mhee
Old 04-20-2011, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

lookin good ......glad to see things are working out for yea
Old 04-20-2011, 09:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Andrew, your post pretty much answered all my questions about the truck. I haven't seen many of the 2011 super duty chassis cabs so I was just wondering if you had a few pics from different angles to show the dump body and all the toolboxes. The truck is set up quite nicely, definitely something to be proud of.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-20-2011, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARP View Post
Terraventure- The was about 53k, the upfits another 2k, and the body was 15K. Not a cheap truck but it was built to our needs.

Jelinek61- It's an Iroquois dump body. They're made in VT.
Ouch, upfitting hurts doesn't it? Stainless is sweet! I like the fold down sides, too. I don't think guys understand what it costs or how to get a well setup truck. It seems heavy though at 12,000? I'm sure not being regular cab hurts that. My 550 is 9600 empty.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Ok so the new truck is the estimate truck daily driver landscape truck? Cuz for a minute there I thought you were going to be moving all of this mulch with a 65k truck 6-8yds at a time getting 8mpg with $4 diesel.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-21-2011, 12:12 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Call me crazy but I've just got a hunch that the truck could have benefited more if it were set up with a high side MULCH bed on it???
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-21-2011, 06:38 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The truck was setup the way it is just as Moredirt said: as a daily driver/estimate/ snow plowing and salting/ small materials and attachment moving truck. Rather than getting another 450 that can only haul tools and a trailer, we thought it would be better to get a truck that could haul small loads, as well as bring attachments out to jobs (hence all the fold down sides). We also bought the truck before all this mulch stuff happened and so far are not intending on using it to move all that mulch- it may move some but we have the use of a 6 wheeler and a tandem to help move all our contractor/retail loads. All wholesale loads are moved in 80-100 yd live floor trailers.

All I'll say further on the cost of the truck is that we paid for what we wanted: a new truck set up in a very specific way for several specific jobs.

WWW.ARPLANTE.COM

A.R.Plante on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...0670251?ref=ts

Check Out Our Videos on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/arplante...s?feature=mhee
Old 04-21-2011, 02:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I wasn't questioning your purchase I thought it was funny that it had 1,000 yards of mulch behind it and it wasn't a mulch body
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-21-2011, 03:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

wow man looking great.... my buddy up in chelmsford mass is selling mulch now i will convince him to buy a trailer load or two from you
Old 04-21-2011, 03:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Now that you mention it, I'd guess driving on the mulch would cause quality problems? Left to my own devices i would have been ramping up the piles with a track loader. That's how i've stockpiled woodchips in the past, but that's probably the difference, huh?
THEY JUST QUIT HORSIN AROUND